ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official Game Thread....

Tulsa had its second game in a row with limited penalties and turnovers. Color me surprised.

Hard count offsides hurt. We had a couple other mistakes at critical times but played a solid game.

No idea why with extra time outs we didn't call a timeout to settle the team down at the end of the half. Rushing added pressure and the slip just seemed like fate from that point.

Special teams (returns) were still sloppy. Wet cold game and some rust from time off turned into a really good championship.

Wish the kids could have got one more, hoping for a solid bowl match up with at least their families in the stands. They deserve it and worked hard.

Monty is a good man, hopefully someone hires him away.

I just know that this game pretty much sealed that Gillespie is gone. Some Power 5 school is going to offer him like 800k a year to be their DC. Unfortunately there is no way he stays unless Monty gets hired away, which is a pipe dream.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Just one coaching decision cost us the game without question, no timeout before Long rushed onto his ass.

That's just one. There were several others.

Gillespie was gone before this game ever happened. This didn't seal anything.

During the timeout before that play you could read Monty’s lips saying “Hard count. Hard count. Hard count.” over and over again. A lot of that is just on Player for jumping.
Player has had a GREAT SEASON . His quickness off the line is what makes him so effective
and for nimrods blaming Montgomery for his mistake makes zero sense . I would take a kid
like Jaxon Player every recruiting class . If you want to see more bi-polar behavior check out
Cincinnati’s message board for similar behavior.

Tulsa had its second game in a row with limited penalties and turnovers. Color me surprised.

Hard count offsides hurt. We had a couple other mistakes at critical times but played a solid game.

No idea why with extra time outs we didn't call a timeout to settle the team down at the end of the half. Rushing added pressure and the slip just seemed like fate from that point.

Special teams (returns) were still sloppy. Wet cold game and some rust from time off turned into a really good championship.

Wish the kids could have got one more, hoping for a solid bowl match up with at least their families in the stands. They deserve it and worked hard.

Monty is a good man, hopefully someone hires him away.
Good Post

Player has had a GREAT SEASON . His quickness off the line is what makes him so effective
and for nimrods blaming Montgomery for his mistake makes zero sense . I would take a kid
like Jaxon Player every recruiting class . If you want to see more bi-polar behavior check out
Cincinnati’s message board for similar behavior.

Navy coach put out a tweet.

He said Player was the best he had ever seen at timing the snap, called the hard count a smart play.

With his first step and power Player is the best defensive lineman we have had since the 80s probably. He's such a tough match up, attracts so much attention. On that Evan's sack Player took the tackle and guard on, the TE first makes sure Jackson doesn't get the edge then tries to step out in front of the blitz, too late.

Kid has been destroying people since he got on campus. I have no idea who ever thought he was to small but he was the steal, other d-line men feed off him. That whole unit is nasty and comes with a mean streak.

Reactions: TU Guy and TU Sepp
With solid coaching that game should have been over before the last series by cincy....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT