ADVERTISEMENT

Official Tulane game thread

Didn’t like the read on 2 pointer. Benjamin was the correct read.

The shuffling of the QBs in general has been bad, but Francis has had trouble getting it off in the redzone so it was fine there. Worked for the TD. Didn’t work on 2pt conversion because we missed a block

Is it? KW plays the best QB the entire game and we win this game imo.
Maybe. Pretty clear now that Francis is who we should play, but Tulane is a good team. Something tells me that if we scored more Pratt finds a way to score more

Reactions: Rapostman
Is it? KW plays the best QB the entire game and we win this game imo. It’s not like the QBs are remotely close.
Some guys just have "it", that ability to make magic, to create good things where good things shouldn't be possible. Braxton doesn't have it. He has "anti-it", dark magic, the ability to create bad things where bad things shouldn't be possible. I'm sure the coaches are enamored by his potential, if they could just help him break through he'd be amazing. But it's not going to happen, it's just not there. He doesn't need a coach, he needs a shrink or a priest or maybe a good witch doctor from down there in NO to remove the curse.

Some guys just have "it", that ability to make magic, to create good things where good things shouldn't be possible. Braxton doesn't have it. He has "anti-it", dark magic, the ability to create bad things where bad things shouldn't be possible. I'm sure the coaches are enamored by his potential, if they could just help him break through he'd be amazing. But it's not going to happen, it's just not there. He doesn't need a coach, he needs a shrink or a priest or maybe a good witch doctor from down there in NO to remove the curse.
It is a disservice to the rest of the team to put him out there at this point.

Give these seniors a chance to finish strong.

Reactions: chito_and_leon
It is a disservice to the rest of the team to put him out there at this point.

Give these seniors a chance to finish strong.
I've been in favor of giving KW a long leash and the benefit of the doubt. I see investing some reps in Braxton in non-critical situations if you think he can breakthrough and be great. But at that point, it feels like putting your life savings on the Power Ball. Gotta live in the real world at some point. "Maybe this time Braxton will live up to his potential."

635581761314580655-PEANUTS-USATODAY-SUPBOWL-v2.jpg

I've been in favor of giving KW a long leash and the benefit of the doubt. I see investing some reps in Braxton in non-critical situations if you think he can breakthrough and be great. But at that point, it feels like putting your life savings on the Power Ball. Gotta live in the real world at some point. "Maybe this time Braxton will live up to his potential."

635581761314580655-PEANUTS-USATODAY-SUPBOWL-v2.jpg

I’m coming around to this position, but I think it’s also fair to question whether or not our staff is responsible for his regression. Did simpler reads in Monty’s offense make him a more confident player and keep him out of bad situations? Are we tailoring our offense to fit our personnel or making things more difficult than they need to be? In any case I think you’re right that it’s not worth continuing to give him opportunities at this point. I’m just not sure I’m ready to say it’s all on him or that in the right situation he wouldn’t be able to get it done, because we have seen him play well and against much better players than Charlotte has.

I’m coming around to this position, but I think it’s also fair to question whether or not our staff is responsible for his regression. Did simpler reads in Monty’s offense make him a more confident player and keep him out of bad situations? Are we tailoring our offense to fit our personnel or making things more difficult than they need to be? In any case I think you’re right that it’s not worth continuing to give him opportunities at this point. I’m just not sure I’m ready to say it’s all on him or that in the right situation he wouldn’t be able to get it done, because we have seen him play well and against much better players than Charlotte has.
Right.

But it is just not working.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT