ADVERTISEMENT

Official NM game thread

He played well in one game. Let's see him prolong it for the season before making a judgment.
This. Playing a game where you key the run/ball or the QB every snap is not a measure of a player. When we can see that he can perform at that level AND fulfill his responsibilities for pass coverage, I'll be a little more excited. Really great game for him though. Great to see anyone taste success after hard work.

I don't think he played all that bad against FAU either.

One thing all of our LBers need to do is get deeper drops when we get into zone coverage, especially Martin. He needs to drop 5 more yards to make those middle throws over the middle 3rd a little more difficult to drop in. Petera did this against FAU and had a couple of tips or disrupted/distracted the receiver enough. UNM converted on a 3rd and long the other day and Martin's drop didn't get him nearly far enough back to make it a more difficult throw.

I don't think he played all that bad against FAU either.

One thing all of our LBers need to do is get deeper drops when we get into zone coverage, especially Martin. He needs to drop 5 more yards to make those middle throws over the middle 3rd a little more difficult to drop in. Petera did this against FAU and had a couple of tips or disrupted/distracted the receiver enough. UNM converted on a 3rd and long the other day and Martin's drop didn't get him nearly far enough back to make it a more difficult throw.

I like Martin a lot as a person. But, in pass coverage, I can't wait until we have someone who's quicker (with better hands) to replace him.

MY KINGDOM FOR DeAUNDRE BROWN!!!!

I like Martin a lot as a person. But, in pass coverage, I can't wait until we have someone who's quicker (with better hands) to replace him.

MY KINGDOM FOR DeAUNDRE BROWN!!!!

Wilson had been coming in on passing downs. I didn't see him at all on Saturday so I am wondering if he had a nagging injury. His speed makes him a must play player with the type of offense UNM ran.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT