ADVERTISEMENT

Official Lamar score prediction thread

Gold*

Serious Cat Circle of Honor
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2003
I thought about writing an elaborate analysis of their team vs. our team and then I remembered:

NO ONE CARES ABOUT LAMAR111111!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
These guys actually don’t suck that much. They return a lot of scoring and have a decent coach. They weren’t good last year, but they also beat Oregon State. (Remember when we thought that was a good win?) This might be an interesting game with the weird start time, new faces, and first game jitters. They have some transfers sitting out who played well in scrimmages. They aren’t particularly big.

That being said, no one cares about Lamar!!!1

I’m more worried about them than ORU.

Yeah, they're not a bad team. Picked to finish 2nd in the Southland. They get a bunch of steals. It's weird to me that a guy like Tic Price is allowed to continue coaching after what happened at Memphis, but whatever.

I'll say Tulsa 85-72 Lamar

As stated above this isn't your typical body bag game against a Southland conference team not named SFA. We show a few opening game jitters in a close first half. Our depth and shooting (never thought I'd say that) take over in the second stanza and we win going away.

TU 88
Lamar 73

I hate making predictions on the first game of the season. I also hate not putting up a score on the off chance I'm right so I can claim I am always right every time.

Lamar doesn't have much height, their two tallest players are true freshmen at 6'9 and 6'8. We have more talent, shooting, and better coaching than they do... we seem to struggle in opening games...

TU - 82
Lamar - 75

Bonus prediction: Etou get's his first dunk in the regular season for TU.

"Lamar has proven options on the perimeter and they have starters Colton Weisbrod and Josh Nzeakor back in the frontcourt. Weisbrod is one of those undersized forwards, but the 6-5 senior led the team with 15.1 points and 8.1 rebounds and earned First-Team All-Southland honors during his first season with the Cardinals. With the new depth in the frontcourt, Weisbrod could spend more time at the small forward position this year when Lamar needs to play bigger. Nzeakor, a 6-8 junior, is the starter who can bang around in the paint. He averaged 8.2 points and 4.9 rebounds as a junior. This is a group that can again go ten deep, or even more. But this time around there is more experience and more size and now Lamar is ready to be a major contender in what should be another wide open Southland race."

Link

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I hate making predictions on the first game of the season. I also hate not putting up a score on the off chance I'm right so I can claim I am always right every time.

Lamar doesn't have much height, their two tallest players are true freshmen at 6'9 and 6'8. We have more talent, shooting, and better coaching than they do... we seem to struggle in opening games...

TU - 82
Lamar - 75

Bonus prediction: Etou get's his first dunk in the regular season for TU.
Should we start calling you Liberty Bowl, or Liberty Valance, or something with Liberty in the tag? I'll make the prediction for the same reason.

Tulsa 84
Lamar 71

This is a good game to see how much we really are improved. Last year this would be a close game and possibly a loss. I just think the offense is much better and not organized for a single scorer like las year. The most exciting time of the year when we start the season after some impressive exhibition experiences.

Tulsa 82 Lamar 72
Tulsa needs to see a big game from the guard position to prove they can do it. Especially after the piss poor performance from the guard position last season. Interior will do what they do. Would be nice to see some defense being played this season.

Last edited:
I thought about writing an elaborate analysis of their team vs. our team and then I remembered:

NO ONE CARES ABOUT LAMAR111111!
I could say the same thing about Tulsa until they go on tear to prove me wrong. I want to see this team go on a defensive tear like we used to. Prove to other teams how those banners in the rafters were earned in the first place. If Tulsa was able to do that again you would see the arena fill up again. Tulsa scored with offense but we thrived on defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tulsa76
I know I have been out touch with basketball lately, but I don't get the Wheeler part?

Correction: even Aston doesn't about Lamar. And I finally agree with something Haith does and I get crap for it. You need to make up your minds.

Last edited:
First game jitters for both teams results in a lower scoring game:
TU 74
Lamar 67

I always worry about ORU. The years when I used to "not worry" always were surprising losses.

84-68...and I don't think it will be that close...some late garbage buckets for Lamar late

Haven't seen it mentioned, and this seemed like the best place to note it... Paulino was an assistant at Lamar for two years. Doesn't impact my prediction any but adds a small level of interest to the game.

Haven't seen it mentioned, and this seemed like the best place to note it... Paulino was an assistant at Lamar for two years. Doesn't impact my prediction any but adds a small level of interest to the game.

It’s too bad that Paulino didn’t play football at Tulsa as a RB with Gunter and Lacy. We could have called him the Paulino Palomino.

1z3eun.jpg

I understand tomorrow's game with Lamar will not be televised. Is that correct? Will it be broadcast on the radio, and if so, what station?

I understand tomorrow's game with Lamar will not be televised. Is that correct? Will it be broadcast on the radio, and if so, what station?
You can get it pay-per-view style on the school's video website. It might be worth it for $10 a month and the first 3 home games (Lamar, ORU, and Central Ark all in November) not being broadcast on TV.

As far as radio goes, it's on 99.5 Big Country. You can get it on the TuneIn App for smartphones.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Hurricane Vision actually works tomorrow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT