ADVERTISEMENT

Official Iowa St Game Thread

Don't lump me in with those fools. I didn't even say anything about this game.

I concur. I don’t agree with you often but we can have an intelligent dialogue. Those other folks are either trolls or too dumb to comprehend conversations.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I m in the category that thinks playing igbanu and Jeffries at the same spot is hurting igbanu. I’d like to see us with a line up of taplin, Scott, Jeffries, igbanu and. Etou.

That is what I think is hurting Igbanu too. Last night he seemed to have an off night defensively and Artison was playing well on that side. My guess to why we say Artison more.

I think by conference play we do get to see Taplin, Scott/Joiner, Jeffries, Igbanu, and Etou.

Reactions: ctt8410
Off topic question, but didn't want to start a thread about it, does anybody know what sections are for TU fans for the Kstate game? Looking at making the trip

This is accurate. Jeffries played 29 minutes against Iowa State. During that time, we won 70-58. During the 11 minutes that he was on the bench, we lost 22-8.
You would think w/ the prevalence of moneyball and such, that Haith and staff would be smart enough to look at stats like the one you found with a little bit of research. As it stands they seem to just go with their plan to sub in platoons with no alterations for such facts.

Last edited:
This is accurate. Jeffries played 29 minutes against Iowa State. During that time, we won 70-58. During the 11 minutes that he was on the bench, we lost 22-8.
Are there limited instances where Jeffries and Igbanu are in the game together? Or even more importantly Jeffries, Igbanu, and Etou? I don't remember any.

You would think w/ the prevalence of moneyball and such, that Haith and staff would be smart enough to look at stats like the one you found with a little bit of research. As it stands they seem to just go with their plan to sub in platoons with no alterations for such facts.

Haith has mentioned before they look at the advanced stats. Now that this is his 4th season here I get the sense that he plays a ton of different guys before actually using the advanced stats though.

There’s also a thought amongst NBA coaches to use a ton of player combinations to gather stats, in the early season, to help determine the best combinations at game time. I hope that isn’t what he is doing because a college season isn’t long enough for that.

This is accurate. Jeffries played 29 minutes against Iowa State. During that time,
we won 70-58. During the 11 minutes that he was on the bench, we lost 22-8.
He can hardly play a lick!:) In one sequence, he stole the ball from the rebounder
on our end, drove and scored....Rushing to the other end, he blocked a layup, got
the ball, and hit Taplin for an open layup.....One of the best 15 seconds I have seen
this year! That has to be at least a four or five point swing.....I love to watch him
play.....

Are there limited instances where Jeffries and Igbanu are in the game together? Or even more importantly Jeffries, Igbanu, and Etou? I don't remember any.

It looks like Jeffries and Igbanu have played maybe 8 minutes together?

We played a lineup with Taplin-Jackson-Scott-Jeffries-Igbanu for 2 minutes in the first half against Iowa State

We also played 3 bigs (Jeffries-Artison-Etou) for about 4 minutes in the second half against Iowa State.

We played two different 1 minute stretches in the ORU game with Jeffries-Igbanu-Etou. That's the only time I see all 3 of those guys on the court at the same time.

It looks like Jeffries and Igbanu have played maybe 8 minutes together?

We played a lineup with Taplin-Jackson-Scott-Jeffries-Igbanu for 2 minutes in the first half against Iowa State

We also played 3 bigs (Jeffries-Artison-Etou) for about 4 minutes in the second half against Iowa State.

We played two different 1 minute stretches in the ORU game with Jeffries-Igbanu-Etou. That's the only time I see all 3 of those guys on the court at the same time.
I had a fire in a vehicle the day of the iowa st game. And my cousin who is a top mechanic and builds, crew chief's, and drives dragsters called me back about 9 or 10 min into the Iowa St. Game. Since we were going to talk about the fire, and the cause, which was work recently done on the car, I took the call. Needless to say, I was only able to keep track of the score by glancing at the screen every 30s or so. It's too bad I wasn't able to pay attention to the 4(6) or so minutes we used them together.

Were you able to notice the rebounding during those 4 minutes, the defense, the scoring, passing, turnovers, etc. etc. All the things that would determine the +'s and -'s that would point towards or away from using it again. Or were you just able to pinpoint the moment in the game and just looked at what few statistics they gave for that period? Four minutes is not a large enough sample size to be definitive, but I would still like to watch it. Thanks I will go back and suffer through the loss a second time at least to watch the second half. I only truly caught the last 2 or 3 minutes of the second half.

It took me until the second paragraph to realize that the fire wasn't an allegory for the game. Hopefully everything's ok.

The segment starts at 11:10 in the 2nd half with Etou at the line down 60-46. It goes to 7:33 when Iowa State calls a timeout. We won the segment 8-4. It's tough to read too much into it. We were in man-to-man and defended well. Didn't give up any offensive rebounds. The offense was a little disjointed, but Etou kept drawing fouls. Artison does a nice job defensively, but also takes a terrible shot on the other end. I'd like to see the combo again.

I had a fire in a vehicle the day of the iowa st game. And my cousin who is a top mechanic and builds, crew chief's, and drives dragsters called me back about 9 or 10 min into the Iowa St. Game. Since we were going to talk about the fire, and the cause, which was work recently done on the car, I took the call. Needless to say, I was only able to keep track of the score by glancing at the screen every 30s or so. It's too bad I wasn't able to pay attention to the 4(6) or so minutes we used them together.

Were you able to notice the rebounding during those 4 minutes, the defense, the scoring, passing, turnovers, etc. etc. All the things that would determine the +'s and -'s that would point towards or away from using it again. Or were you just able to pinpoint the moment in the game and just looked at what few statistics they gave for that period? Four minutes is not a large enough sample size to be definitive, but I would still like to watch it. Thanks I will go back and suffer through the loss a second time at least to watch the second half. I only truly caught the last 2 or 3 minutes of the second half.
Hate to hear that! Hope everything is ok

It took me until the second paragraph to realize that the fire wasn't an allegory for the game. Hopefully everything's ok.

The segment starts at 11:10 in the 2nd half with Etou at the line down 60-46. It goes to 7:33 when Iowa State calls a timeout. We won the segment 8-4. It's tough to read too much into it. We were in man-to-man and defended well. Didn't give up any offensive rebounds. The offense was a little disjointed, but Etou kept drawing fouls. Artison does a nice job defensively, but also takes a terrible shot on the other end. I'd like to see the combo again.

Hate to hear that! Hope everything is ok
It happened in my driveway and I had to call the fire dept. Cabin got fried as well as the engine. Vehicle is toast, but my house which was two feet away from the vehicle didn't catch fire, so that's good.

The fire was real, but it felt like an allegory for the game.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Luckily I have my cousin/Uncle to help me prove what happened was the fault of Midwest Engine Rebuilders. My uncle is Tom Conway for anybody who knows anything about the drag racing world.

They are an extremely lousy and careless business, and I wanted to put that out there for anybody who might do business with them. There are other factors besides the fire that lead me to that assessment, as if the fire wasn't enough.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Luckily I have my cousin/Uncle to help me prove what happened was the fault of Midwest Engine Rebuilders. My uncle is Tom Conway for anybody who knows anything about the drag racing world.

They are an extremely lousy and careless business, and I wanted to put that out there for anybody who might do business with them. There are other factors besides the fire that lead me to that assessment, as if the fire wasn't enough.
I have heard similar things about them

Why did Iowa St get to inbound under the basket after a made shot and foul by us?

The commentator said ISU fouled and get the ball, which is clearly wrong, I’m not even sure who from TU committed the foul?

Strong candidate for worst call of the year. Somehow, it was a foul on Jeffries. Iowa State got 5 points out of this possession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT