ADVERTISEMENT

Official Iowa St Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
It is Go time. Play like we did last night, without autobenching top players, and we play in the championship game.

After seeing Western Mich play against App St, I’m pretty confident about our chances tonight.

Reactions: Gold*
Western Michigan clowned App State. I’m hoping we come out with the same intensity we did in the first half last night and keep it up all game long.

And we start with a BS call on Jeffries.

More sticky balls.

This is the worst announcing crew ever.

Too many turnovers. Iowa State is pretty athletic.

The lady announcer is truly horrible.

We aren’t finishing or hitting our good looks. Need to get the ball to Junior.

First team we’ve played this year that is athletically our equal. Interested to see how the guys react. Their length is bothering us.

Still no idea how to stay with guys from the perimeter. Add to that our problems shooting

Who is Long? I don’t remember him.

We can’t shoot like that and win. We missed so many open shots.

Let’s leave them alone for wide open 3’s in the second half. So far that’s been working well for us.

And allowed so many open options. We just not good shooting team and horrible defensive team

We just don't adjust to guard hot shooters. No way we should leave Long wide open on his last 2 shots.

Reactions: t-townpod
I have a game plan to start the 2nd half. Run the same defense we did vs WMU and guard Long like Wilder. Once he cools off then go back to this stupid leave the arch to triple team the slasher.

Henderson and Wheeler are behind Jackson in rotation right now. I like Jackson but that isn’t exactly ideal. Henderson can shoot.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Other than leaving the shooter open that last 10 minutes our defense has been pretty good. They started going deep because they couldn’t get anything inside. We need to stop collapsing and get in the shooters face. Our long ball is a hair off, we need to start moving the ball more when we have had good movement we’ve gotten an open look every time.

Why did Iowa St get to inbound under the basket after a made shot and foul by us?

The commentator said ISU fouled and get the ball, which is clearly wrong, I’m not even sure who from TU committed the foul?

Reactions: ctt8410
Difference of the game is made shots- they've hit 10 3's, we've hit 6- there's your difference

Defending threes off the kick better this half but ISU confident now. Not sure why Jeffries and Scott were both benched for so long. They are the spark plugs.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ISU great three point shooters why is Artison in?

ISU looks to be playing not to lose. If they continue to do so, we should be able to chip into the lead. Their bigs are foul prone.

Nevada is right and he is there. Our deficit is due to too much collapse and allowing kick outs. Let them drive and see what happens.

Jeffries showed his only weakness with ball handling decisions. Free throws are important.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT