ADVERTISEMENT

Official Iowa St Game Thread

Jeffries is really really good. Just has to work on his handling as II mentioned.

Disappointing to lose a game that we shoot over 50% from the field and almost 45% from 3.

Rebounding will be this team’s Achilles heel

How many graduates did ISU sign? Seemed like every player came from another mid major program where they were the star.

How many graduates did ISU sign? Seemed like every player came from another mid major program where they were the star.

They have 3 graduate transfers and at least 1, maybe 2, transfers that sat out last year.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Iowa State is bad.
Long year...
.500 will be improbable.
Folks, the AAC is a man's league.

Jeffries may be leading the NCAA in FG% after this game. I need to check.

lol ......and tufan-11 who stumbled on his first post out of the gate........

There are some huge dumbasses around here these days. Takes a lot of fun away from the board, but it’s also comical at the same time. These morons who know nothing about the inner workings of TU, athletics, and barely have any sports knowledge in general... but by god they’ll be here letting everyone know how bad we suck, how we need to fire a coach, or how everyone else here is stupid.

The no call bank shot beat us. Well maybe the first half three point defense. We played really well. Never quit. I’m proud of the guys.

Traveled all day and missed the game but if II says that I believe him.

Who is this guy bashing Scott? I was a lot more impressed than I thought I’d be with that kid.

Bench needed to score more in the first half. Martins, Geno, Joiner- one of them needed a bucket or two in the first half- that's where the game was lost- us going cold after the first 12/15 min. Still proud of the guys- too early to tell if this a "bad" loss- I'd be more upset with OSU

Ok, I’ve calmed down a little now. The best team did not win tonight. Two things really hurt us, missing 7 free throws and not keeping the defense high. When we’re playing a team with shooters we have to keep the defense extended outside the arc. If they can beat us on the drive then so be it but we can’t sag off the shooters. Hopefully games like this will help us play better in conference.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Btw, I got to meet Curran Scott’s grandfather tonight, a great guy. Also, while I didn’t actually meet her, Artison’s mom is a hoot.

I believe we have an NCAA tournament caliber team. Yes we left some points on the line but from my point of view it was our 3 point defense that did us in.

Reactions: I.I.
Ok, I’ve calmed down a little now. The best team did not win tonight. Two things really hurt us, missing 7 free throws and not keeping the defense high. When we’re playing a team with shooters we have to keep the defense extended outside the arc. If they can beat us on the drive then so be it but we can’t sag off the shooters. Hopefully games like this will help us play better in conference.
That's what is so frustrating Nevada. Somehow this team has found a way to lose two games that were theirs for the taking mostly due to soft defense and poor rebounding. The rebounding deficit may be a hard to address but extending the defense with perimeter oriented teams is well within our capabilities.

How much is Magnay leaving so late factor in these losses?

I’m guessing we had retool the defense and offense way late and we’re struggling to catch up with the coaches adjustments?

This is the quickest, best shooting, and most athletic team we’ve fielded in a while. Had Magnay been here we’re 4-0 and winning by an average of 15-20 points.

These guys will adjust and be a bubble contender.

I expect some upsets but don’t expect any bad losses unless Lamar falls on their face but I don’t see them doing that.

ISU is likely a bubble team that will have some upset games in the B12.

Maybe wishful thinking but I really think this team will keep us excited all season.

Last edited:
I think I agree with you Weatherdemon. One thing that I found interesting last night was the Iowa State fans filing out weren’t smiling and congratulating each other on the win. They seemed very introspective like they knew they didn’t have the best players on the court.

Curious as to the board’s thoughts on Igbanu? He’s ninth on the team in minutes played even though one would think we desperately need his rebounding and defensive presence. Guys like Artison are getting more minutes. Not what I expected based on his play down the stretch last season.

There are some huge dumbasses around here these days. Takes a lot of fun away from the board, but it’s also comical at the same time. These morons who know nothing about the inner workings of TU, athletics, and barely have any sports knowledge in general... but by god they’ll be here letting everyone know how bad we suck, how we need to fire a coach, or how everyone else here is stupid.
Don't lump me in with those fools. I didn't even say anything about this game.

Curious as to the board’s thoughts on Igbanu? He’s ninth on the team in minutes played even though one would think we desperately need his rebounding and defensive presence. Guys like Artison are getting more minutes. Not what I expected based on his play down the stretch last season.

I don't know what the source is, but he's been our worst player by plus/minus. We're losing almost 1 point per minute that he plays and Jeffries doesn't.

Last edited:

I don't what the source is, but he's been our worst player by plus/minus. We're losing almost 1 point per minute that he plays and Jeffries doesn't.
He has been really inconsistent so far.

Just curious, what are Artison's stats? FG% and especially 3PT% for his career. My guess is that they are atrocious. He needs to play inside or not at all.

Just curious, what are Artison's stats? FG% and especially 3PT% for his career. My guess is that they are atrocious. He needs to play inside or not at all.

For his career, Artison is shooting 25% 2PT, 30% 3PT, 43% FT.

I m in the category that thinks playing igbanu and Jeffries at the same spot is hurting igbanu. I’d like to see us with a line up of taplin, Scott, Jeffries, igbanu and. Etou.

I m in the category that thinks playing igbanu and Jeffries at the same spot is hurting igbanu. I’d like to see us with a line up of taplin, Scott, Jeffries, igbanu and. Etou.

Certainly seems like that would be a better rebounding lineup than what we’re putting out there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT