ADVERTISEMENT

New Adidas contract

WrlsCane

I.T.S. Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2008
Tulsa
Any chance that the University/Adidas will release a video or information on new color schemes/combinations for the football team after the new contract goes in to effect on July 1st?

It's possible. I'm sure our players will be given a lot of new swag around that time.

A lot of swag worth some serious $$$. My son plays competitive soccer and his program has an agreement with Adidas to provide custom color scheme uniforms...freaking expensive as all get out.

Wait, where are all the "free college education" people to gripe about free swag? Lol

Thank God the band is upgrading their 20 year old polyester uniforms. Geez!

Reactions: Tulsa76
Captain Cane might want to speak to Adidas. He/She could use 3 or 4 costumes, no need to wear the same thing all the time.
No need to wear any rendition of the costume he has now. I think it should be changed to a live-mascot in a master and commander type "Captain's" uniform.
mcgun.jpg

Think of the shenanigans we could get into with the Pirate from ECU.

Last edited:
Wait, where are all the "free college education" people to gripe about free swag? Lol

Why would they gripe about free swag? That's part of my argument that the players are already partially being paid. Other students don't get 7-8 free new casual / athletic outfits every year.

I don't think he was talking about the marching band. I think it is more of getting an Adidas polo for the pep band kids. The marching band did get new uniforms about 5-6 years ago...they are the same design, but they aren't the same ones from 20 years ago.

I guess we could enlist "Citizen Kane" and promote him to Captain

The only details I've gotten on the new uniforms is the branding across all sports will finally be consistent in terms of logos and colors.

They did respond to my question on Twitter if they'd be releasing photos of them after July 1st though.

I was in the bookstore about 2 weeks ago and asked if they had any of the Adidas stuff to preview...they had stuff but weren't allowed to put it out until July 1. Someone has seen it.

Kelly Hines posted a TW article with some pictures of Adidas stuff available in the bookstore beginning today. However, uniform reveals won't happen until next month :(

I'm hearing the new uniforms have one color missing - gold. As in NO gold, even in helmets or pants. Let's hope that's wrong.

I'm hearing the new uniforms have one color missing - gold. As in NO gold, even in helmets or pants. Let's hope that's wrong.
Ugh.... the TU uni's void of the traditional gold is disappointing and tired. Nothing can be as bad as the Carolina blue helmet Blankenship rolled out. I really wish TU would settle on 1 or 2 looks, quit changing every year. IMO nothing beats good ol' "old gold helmets/pants, royal blue jerseys w/ old gold lettering/numbering trimmed in crimson for home, and white Jersey w/ royal blue lettering/numbering trimmed in royal blue for away. The solid old gold helmet w/ script "Tulsa" and no helmet stripe is classic. No matte finish or chrome junked up look.

TX

Last edited:
I don't think a single TU shirt I own is Nike. So I'm not really too concerned about the fan gear...there's plenty of vendors for that.

Ugh.... the TU uni's void of the traditional gold is disappointing and tired. Nothing can be as bad as the Carolina blue helmet Blankenship rolled out. I really wish TU would settle on 1 or 2 looks, quit changing every year. IMO nothing beats good ol' "old gold helmets/pants, royal blue jerseys w/ old gold lettering/numbering trimmed in crimson for home, and white Jersey w/ royal blue lettering/numbering trimmed in royal blue for away. The solid old gold helmet w/ script "Tulsa" and no helmet stripe is classic. No matte finish or chrome junked up look.

TX
Agreed. If gold is not a prominent color of our uniform I will not be happy. University of Tulsa = traditionless.

I personally like the red uniforms. I want those back or a charcoal gray uniform with a graphite helmet. Then blue numbers with red outlines. Just a tiny bit of gold on the outlining.

Totally agree, WD. My one new gold TU shirt looks like watery mustard.

And yellow isn't right.

The golden domer fans don't really wear much of that color either.

And yellow isn't right.

Agreed. While I like the gold a lot, TU has struggled to market fan gear and/or uniforms with that as a primary color because it comes off as that Gulden's mustard color or that hideous combo of yellow/orange that the DW tie dyes took on. Stuff that uses the flecked gold as a highlight color translates well. And yes, the gold helmets are $$$ whether we are wearing blue, red, or black jerseys.

Most gold base teams use gold on the unis (looks good on the field) and then uses gold as an accent for fan apparel.

For a reasonable comparison, look at web sites for the University of Washington and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. I wish we could get back to those color schemes (except blue and not purple) w/ royal blue and gold in the unis and then most of the gear is royal blue w/ gold accents. Those teams use the gold very well.

And yellow isn't right.

The fan gear can be the secondary or trim colors... royal blue or crimson, but IMO the primary team uni's color should be gold (i.e. - helmet, pants). Most Notre Dame gear I see is primarily secondary colors green or navy. TU has to be the only school with the nickname of Golden to not have gold in their football uni's.

I'm a traditionalist, I still think the 1980-85 basketball uni's were a great look, very unique and colorful. The gold color in those uni's wasn't old gold, but the white uni was very tasteful and the road uni was by far the best of the 3 looks, specifically the crimson numbers.

54e3d67dc6538.image.jpg

Even taking away the unique camo stripes, the font and color scheme would still look great on a solid royal blue uni imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Li'l Eric Coley
Yeah, I think those are hideous. They look like a circus. But at the end of the day I don't care all that much to get worked up about what the team is wearing, I wouldn't say there's a single football combo I hate in the 20 years I've been a fan.

I'll just keep wearing blue either way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT