ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Game Thread

I said it earlier, this game was over when the 98 yard TD was called back... Feel for the kids...

How do you decide whether this or SMU was more embarrassing? Blowing a 30 point lead or getting thrashed by a team that always loses on the road .
I am not embarrassed by the effort the kids gave. I am embarrassed that the University of Tulsa has been placed in a situation where it cannot make the changes needed. I blame the board and administration, which hasn't been worth a damn since J. Pascal and Dr. Davis passed.

How do you decide whether this or SMU was more embarrassing? Blowing a 30 point lead or getting thrashed by a team that always loses on the road .

Getting blown out at home by a team who had lost 14 straight road games is worse than blowing a big fourth quarter lead to a top 25 team. Hell...both are epic meltdowns. To experience them in back to back games is the truly sad part. Monty is done.

Getting blown out at home by a team who had lost 14 straight road games is worse than blowing a big fourth quarter lead to a top 25 team. Hell...both are epic meltdowns. To experience them in back to back games is the truly sad part. Monty is done.
I believe the expression is "Deadman walking"

I am not embarrassed by the effort the kids gave. I am embarrassed that the University of Tulsa has been placed in a situation where it cannot make the changes needed. I blame the board and administration, which hasn't been worth a damn since J. Pascal and Dr. Davis passed.
Amen

So Rainey, Cannon M, and Higuera just had a pretty animated discussion during the halftime warmups. Maybe there’s more to what DoorMan was saying about the holder not getting the laces turned out. Not sure if the snapper can really do anything except get the ball to the holder at the right plane.
The snapper can cause all types of chaos with bad rotation on the ball, poor speed, arching snaps. I turned the game off. It was too aggravating. I did see one field goal on TV and the laces were turned away but CM didn’t rotate the ball to do so. The field goal was good.

I've tried to be patient and understanding with Coach Monty, but after tonight and last week I think it's over. He is not capable of getting us wins that we should be getting. We just bookended a Navy 14 game road losing streak. We've never beat Navy under this staff. I think this is the straw that broke the camels back. I don't see us winning more than 2 games the rest of the season, and we might not win those.

Time to look forward to a 6 to 7th place finish in basketball and a near .500 record.

HOLY COW... Two of the same number on the field at the same time! I've never seen that...
When we lost to ECU at ECU on the Hail Mary under Graham we had duplicate numbers on the field at the same time. If they hadn’t scored they would have gotten another play.

The snapper can cause all types of chaos with bad rotation on the ball, poor speed, arching snaps. I turned the game off. It was too aggravating. I did see one field goal on TV and the laces were turned away but CM didn’t rotate the ball to do so. The field goal was good.
Is Higuera doing all our snaps?

Yes. But he’s not the problem. Rainey looks tentative on his walk up. That could be him, the holder, lots of things

It’s not uncommon for me to have 8-10 players at my house. My comments come from what I over hear them saying. Not to me, amongst themselves.

Watch our mid range kicks in pregame. Notice how good they look. Some suggest our kickers are only good from 35 in. We use a different holder on mid range pregame kicks.

It’s not uncommon for me to have 8-10 players at my house. My comments come from what I over hear them saying. Not to me, amongst themselves.

Watch our mid range kicks in pregame. Notice how good they look. Some suggest our kickers are only good from 35 in. We use a different holder on mid range pregame kicks.
You don’t have to sell me. I’ve been asking why he’s out there for over a year now and been getting torn up over it.

Reactions: TU 1978
You don’t have to sell me. I’ve been asking why he’s out there for over a year now and been getting torn up over it.

I don’t like saying anything about any of the kids but I call total bs on it being acceptable to bang on our kicker but our holder is off limits because he’s the coach’s son.

I think our holder is just getting the ball down without rotating the laces. Maybe I can’t see our holder moving the ball around because I am used to the dedicated camera for the NFL. Anyone else notice this?

I think our holder is just getting the ball down without rotating the laces. Maybe I can’t see our holder moving the ball around because I am used to the dedicated camera for the NFL. Anyone else notice this?
As I have posted elsewhere earlier, this is what I’m observing. He tends to lean the ball slightly too which I believe is the true source of the problem but I’m no expert and I’m not there live and at field level so it’s tough to tell from TV. It looked like he leaned a few in Dallas when I was there.

We have parents of players stirring up s*** so now we’re a complete Texas 3A football team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT