ADVERTISEMENT

Navy Game Thread

Hello everyone, this is my first post. When Dane was QB wasn't the offence different on the receivers routes?
No. Pretty much all the same route trees as today. But having Garrett outside made a huge difference. We also had an OL that was full of a bunch of bad a$$es with mean streaks. And Dane would keep the ball 1-2 times a game to keep the D a little honest. But lots of slants, quick outs and the bubble screens.

Reactions: TUBixby
Why does our playbook not have a RB screen in it? Or a sweep play...or any creativity. I mean throw in a fleaflicker just for shi*s and giggles.

Basically a Navy home game for the 2nd half..
It’s been a Navy home game for the entire game. Every time out has been service oriented, a bunch of patriotic music selections, swearing in some new Navy recruits at halftime. The band is playing a bunch of patriotic marches for halftime. Except for the color of the uni’s, it has pretty much been a Navy home game.

Reactions: JesseTU
Why does our playbook not have a RB screen in it? Or a sweep play...or any creativity. I mean throw in a fleaflicker just for shi*s and giggles.
Monty has a hard enough time deciding which run up the middle play to run and you want to him to be creative?

Reactions: TulsaAM
That’s a bigger indictment of our coach than anything else that has happened this season
I feel for the players who are putting in all the effort. They may be dejected but I haven't seen any of them quit yet

We could always bring back Chad Morris after he is finished at Arkansas! Just kidding

So Rainey, Cannon M, and Higuera just had a pretty animated discussion during the halftime warmups. Maybe there’s more to what DoorMan was saying about the holder not getting the laces turned out. Not sure if the snapper can really do anything except get the ball to the holder at the right plane.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I wish we had a GJ Kinne, at least we'd have more of a playmaker at QB to overcome the coaching deficiency.

Conspiracy theory time... with the financial troubles do you think the AAC is working to get Tulsa out of the conference? If you look at the schools, Tulsa is the one with the biggest problems.

The others schools' fans (UCF and Temple, especially) seem very vocal in wanting us and ECU booted.

Oh wow, I just saw the memphis catch that was overturned to ruin their season. At least we aren't alone. Holy crap.

Do we practice during the week?
5-6 false starts on the OL. They react to the Navy DL shift EVERY time.

Promising opening drive. Can our defense stop Navy. Navy looks like they’ve figure our pursuit and D-strategy and is catching us every time.

So Rainey, Cannon M, and Higuera just had a pretty animated discussion during the halftime warmups. Maybe there’s more to what DoorMan was saying about the holder not getting the laces turned out. Not sure if the snapper can really do anything except get the ball to the holder at the right plane.

Lol. I’m getting straight from the guys. The kickers hate him.

Reactions: TigerCane16
I would have loved to have not known if that kick-off after an out of half score was going to be onside or not

There isn't enough time for Tulsa to come back and there is 6:21 left in the 3rd...

What we are seeing is a display of fundamental football by a disciplined team and how affected it is against an undisciplined team.

Better get some yards on 3rd now because we have to go for it

Santana is so smooth... I'll be here all week ladies and gents! Don't forget to tip your waiter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT