ADVERTISEMENT

Murray St. game thread

TulsaEye

I.T.S. Senior
Jul 29, 2004
Really don't like Tulsa's passing its slow and lazy. Have to fix Murray st. getting it inside whenever they feel like.

This is about as good as I've seen us offensively. Defense...?

I was hoping Murray State would cool off before we did, but we kinda both cooled off at the same time

These guys are not going to cool off, they are just really good shots. From anywhere it seems like.

Murray State has a lot of skilled athletic players.

I wish Tulsa had that skill.

They are FUN to watch. Pure solid good basketball players.

We are in a shooting competition, and we are not good at shooting.

Also, Murray State can hit the three from the right wing. We should think about guarding it. Maybe.

Haith needs to learn to call a timeout at the correct time. That was one of Mizzou fan's biggest qualms with him. He holds on to those Time Outs too long and then the other team comes back and buries another three to push our hole deeper.

This Tulsa team has to be one of the worst shooting teams Tulsa has had in the last 20 years.

We'll have some help shooting next year.

Nice defense that last play. We need some offense.

If Wright had played that aggressively all year we would have been playing this past weekend.

Just started watching, have we been using zone the whole time? Seems a bit odd against a team that shoots like this.

Not that I should care, but that last foul we made, and hit the rim during the shot, shouldn't that have been some kind of goal tend against us?

I understand that Swanny wants the crowd to get into it but I am not sure that making one shot when they have been on a 12-2 run deserves us getting up and cheering. How about making 3 or 4 plays. We will get fired up when it's under 10. Until then. PLAY HARDER!!! Follow your shots, be out on the corner man so they don't score 50 from there and Juice...shoot the damn ball!!!!!

MURRY STATE CAN SHOOT FROM THE DAMN WING. WE SHOULD GAURD IT.

The talent gap here is HUGE. Just huge.

AAC was down this year fellas. Plain and simple.

Tulsa needs players.

You would think we could recruit one guy that could shoot the ball.

Shooting is overrated as a basketball skill. Forcing a drive in the lane and throwing up a prayer is the future of basketball..I guess

down 18 at the half.

FG%

MS - 60%
Tulsa - 31%

3pt

MS - 9/15 = 27 points
Tulsa - 1/7 = 3 points

FT

MS - 6/8
Tulsa - 2/4

This post was edited on 3/23 9:03 PM by jesterondirt

It is a talent gap. They are quicker stronger more athletic and shot well. Except for their star PG they all have great form and releases b

They can shoot from everywhere. Guard that and give up something else. Either Payne drives or they kick it in to bigs like they did early.

Worst matchup for TU is a really good offensive team that is hitting their shots. We just cant keep up with that. We gotten tons of easy shots, they arent good on D. We just started missing easy shots, as we're prone to do.

Tulsa free throw shooting: 50%

Murry State Three pointers: 60%

Holy hell! Has that ever happened?

The talent gap is HUGE.

Deny all you want.... but it's simple and clear.

We need about 6 new players.... won't happen. Oh well....

GO REDBIRDS!

Shooting is overrated as a basketball skill. Forcing a drive in the lane and throwing up a prayer is the future of basketball..I guess

I predicted we would lose by 5. May have to revise that. NBA scouts all around me to see Murray State.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Run them off the line. ALL OF THEM. THEY CAN ALL SHOOT.

Every single one of our guards + Smitty need to be taking 300+ 3pointers a day and keeping track of how many they make in the offseason. I sat their and watched Kim English doing 3 point drills in our gym earlier this season and the difference between his work ethic from outside and our guys' is stark.

Haith needs to sign some high school kids that can shoot. To date I haven't seen him sign a pure shooter out of high school. Birt (Juco) is the closest thing he's signed but he's so hot and cold.

We had 5 days to prepare and what we came up with was guard one of the best three point shooting teams in the country with a zone? And don't follow your shots, just shoot and get back so they don't beat us back down the court? We left at least 5 rebounds just sitting there.

So to make up for our defensive flaws we run our usual three guard weave in slow motion and run the clock down and have to put up a prayer or drive into the trees and pray for a miracle. Juice gets it at the top of the key and they immediately step out with their big to slow him down. Have we ever heard of pick and roll? Or do what Murray does and run juices defender off multiple screens? This is not rocket science.

There won't be 500 people here the last 5 minutes if we don't compete in this second half. Hell if rather see us play the backups if this continues so they can at least participate.

This game speaks volumes about how far we really have to go to be competitive. And no Birt won't solve all our problems. Although from what little I've seen of him he has little conscience and at least will jack it up.

We did have that one Canadian kid out of prep school that was in summer school and ended up leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT