ADVERTISEMENT

Monty staying.

Why should they even drive across town. Hell if they are as lazy as he says they are, why would they even want to get up and walk to the car much less drive there, and then have to park? The customers he imagines will never go to a TU sporting event no matter the ease or lack of it. Yes he uses logic.
Next time we have 10 wins and the stadium isn't filled to end the season, I'll remember this conversation.

You go right ahead I will remember it as well. I will not be responding to you very much anymore, considering my respect for you disappeared during this thread. You don't comment on a game or article without having seen it. I'll always suspect you now.

I came to work this morning, praying to Raptor Jesus himself that you people were done talking about f***ing parking. And I ain't the prayin' kind.
Three times I've talked about a parking garage in this thread and each time I was being sarcastic because we dont have enough butts in the seats to have a parking problem. Competing for Championships will change that

Oh, I see. You're saying that to decide if Manning is a good coach and thus was a good hire, we can only look at TU performance and have to ignore anything after? That seems like a pretty silly rule but yes, I agree, from that perspective I am extrapolating from his Wake years to say that he is not a very good coach and thus was not a good hire. That, of course, is based on cold, hard facts and is pretty much irrefutable, I believe. Your view is that, notwithstanding what he's done at Wake, if he had stayed at TU, he would have been rolling in the tournament bids? If so, then he's really dumb to have left because he's sucking it big time at Wake.

Again nothing but hypotheticals out of you.

Whether a coach was a good choice to hire for Tulsa is totally dependent on what they did at Tulsa, full stop. Those are the facts.

Again nothing but hypotheticals out of you.

Whether a coach was a good choice to hire for Tulsa is totally dependent on what they did at Tulsa, full stop. Those are the facts.
Well Manning should be back on the market soon and you can advocate for him coming back. I'm sure your argument will be given all the consideration that it deserves.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. I already said, you can have Manning since you're obviously enamored with him and I'll take Haith, so 3/10 good hires, 30%, still as I said - we're not good at hiring! That's a big part of the problerm!

Last edited:
Priorities-
1) get a new FB coach
2) get a new AD
3) get a new BB coach
4) IPF
5) Refurb stadium (the piss troughs need to go)
6) have one GHC lot, all others $5/10 to park close, North lots free

First three at the same time.
The others start one year after the first three.
???
Profit.
President Steve largent
AD. Drew Pearson
Football hc justin Fuentes
Basket ball hc.

Well Manning should be back on the market soon and you can advocate for him coming back. I'm sure your argument will be given all the consideration that it deserves.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. I already said, you can have Manning since you're obviously enamored with him and I'll take Haith, so 3/10 good hires, 30%, still as I said - we're not good at hiring! That's a big part of the problerm!

Almost 100% hypothetical, nice I'm impressed.

Your strawmen need some dressing up though, they look kind of obvious, maybe take them to a talk show for a make over? Something a little more subtle and with out all the hay sticking out?

You took 6 posts and a couple of wasted minutes talking at Chito & Leon.

You hypothetically didn't add anything, so I thought I'd hypothetically return the favor.

I will give you one nugget. I was longing for them to keep talking bout parking garages, over Manning's wonderful stay here.

He was better than Wojick, but setting the bar at 4 foot 2.0 inches just gets you so high. And that's the meaning to life, the universe, and everything. Don't say I never gave you anything.

Last edited:
By 3030, there should be individual hover crafts, so traffic shouldn’t be much of an issue.
Or just Star-Trek like teleportation tubes. Or maybe we can just travel via flue a la Harry Potter. We can come out in Lafortune lobby's fireplace and just amble over to the game.

Anybody else miss the days when we'd be debating how bad we'd blow out a MAC team and whine about not getting to play a Power 5 opponent in a bowl?

Now we just bicker about arbitrary things in bowl season. Gawd I dislike what Blankenship and Monty have done to our TU football fandom.

Anybody else miss the days when we'd be debating how bad we'd blow out a MAC team and whine about not getting to play a Power 5 opponent in a bowl?

Now we just bicker about arbitrary things in bowl season. Gawd I dislike what Blankenship and Monty have done to our TU football fandom.

I would gladly take a MAC team in a minor bowl as long as we ran up the score as far as we could!!! 2007-2008 had crappy bowls but fun results.

You took 6 posts and a couple of wasted minutes talking at Chito & Leon.

You hypothetically didn't add anything, so I thought I'd hypothetically return the favor.

I will give you one nugget. I was longing for them to keep talking bout parking garages, over Manning's wonderful stay here.

He was better than Wojick, but setting the bar at 4 foot 2.0 inches just gets you so high. And that's the meaning to life, the universe, and everything. Don't say I never gave you anything.

Oh you give me laughs all the time and bad advice. I'll take the former and leave you the latter.

You're reading comprehension and egocentric view could use some work. You still haven't added anything to this factual conversation and last I checked I didn't ask you to read my posts, for your opinion on my posting habits, or to get involved in a discussion between me and chito.

I get you're little more than a hype man tagging along but the problem is you don't.

Manning was here for two years, had a winning record both years, got us a conference championship regular and tournament (who was the last coach to do that before him?) and an NCAA bid.

Record 38-29 (21-11) NCAA bid and CBI.

Yeah that's terrible.

Oh you give me laughs all the time and bad advice. I'll take the former and leave you the latter.

You're reading comprehension and egocentric view could use some work. You still haven't added anything to this factual conversation and last I checked I didn't ask you to read my posts, for your opinion on my posting habits, or to get involved in a discussion between me and chito.

I get you're little more than a hype man tagging along but the problem is you don't.

Manning was here for two years, had a winning record both years, got us a conference championship regular and tournament (who was the last coach to do that before him?) and an NCAA bid.

Record 38-29 (21-11) NCAA bid and CBI.

Yeah that's terrible.
You post, you ask everyone.

This thread has officially jumped the shark
DishonestIndolentHoneybee-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: TulsaAM
Good point, let's get back on track...

Do y'all think Bob Stoops would coach here if we had a parking garage? (I'm doing this until kickoff next year since there's nothing to talk about anymore)
Dylan would probably fit in well in Tulsa speaking in crazy tongues and all. Is there anyone out there who could translate though?

Reactions: TU Pilot
You go right ahead I will remember it as well. I will not be responding to you very much anymore, considering my respect for you disappeared during this thread. You don't comment on a game or article without having seen it. I'll always suspect you now.
LMAO, you know how many backseat quarterbacks we have on these threads? Everyone is commenting without firsthand knowledge most of the time. Get over it.

we rank 91 in recruiting.
behind these powers fiu, rice, army, umass, Georgia st, toledo, miami ohio, north texas.

we are ahead of Arkansas.

Reactions: eastcane
we rank 91 in recruiting.
behind these powers fiu, rice, army, umass, Georgia st, toledo, miami ohio, north texas.

we are ahead of Arkansas.
Recruiting rankings don’t matter if you move recruits to a different position than the one they were evaluated for.

LMAO, you know how many backseat quarterbacks we have on these threads? Everyone is commenting without firsthand knowledge most of the time. Get over it.
Just an fyi, that's pretty much one of the main things that distinguishes crappy posters from good ones.....
monkimage.php

Just an fyi, that's pretty much one of the main things that distinguishes crappy posters from good ones.....
monkimage.php
Well show me a good poster then, because no one here knows about running a FBS football program and everyone has weighed in. (Unless Bill is out there somewhere)

Well show me a good poster then, because no one here knows about running a FBS football program and everyone has weighed in. (Unless Bill is out there somewhere)
I took the post to be about bad posters posting about articles without reading them or criticizing a player's play without watching the game. And good posters read articles they comment on and watch the games (and have some knowledge). I think a lot satisfy those requirements. Honestly as much as anything I just wanted to post the Barney Fife picture.

I took the post to be about bad posters posting about articles without reading them or criticizing a player's play without watching the game. And good posters read articles they comment on and watch the games (and have some knowledge). I think a lot satisfy those requirements. Honestly as much as anything I just wanted to post the Barney Fife picture.
I read his article and only posted about it after I had. Also, posting about a game with such a clear stat disparity is hardly rocket science.

That is a very realistic option and the number 1 option they'll consider unless they feel they have absolutely no choice. The guy took a pay cut and the admin has basically no money to buy him out, much less bring in a reputable up-and-coming Div 1 head coach prospect.

I'd expect the most likely options are either Monty back or promoting from within (e.g. current DC Gillespie). The fan base would be irate with one of those options and maybe just a bit disappointed at the other (some fans would be happy with it though and at least it would be a fresh face at the top). TU admin is probably looking to hold off on buyouts or really big pay days until the $7 million TV money comes in.

Babe the Blue Ox and I called it. It angered a lot of people on here, but it was the most likely scenario considering TU's financial state. Why would anyone on here trust the current admin to find a head coach capable of turning the program around, especially with budgetary restraints? It's probably the best situation rather than bring in some new guy (picked by this admin) who will likely fail just the same, but 3/4 years down the line.

They'll either let Montgomery stay through his contract expiration or at least wait til the $7 million comes in. Hopefully a new admin or at least AD will be there to hire the next coach and make the necessary investments to compete within the AAC. Without those investments, keeping Montgomery long term is as good as hiring a new guy to also win a few games each year.

As far as "attendance woes" and people claiming parking is an issue, I and many others parked nearly a mile away for an @OU game and it was packed. I've never parked more than 3 blocks away from a TU game.

Remember when Todd Graham voiced frustration that TU beat Notre Dame then came home to an empty stadium? And that was one of the best/most talented TU teams in the last 30 years. 10-3, blew out ranked Hawaii and lost to ECU on a last minute hail mary. TU stands were pretty sparse after that one early loss - 19,000 announced attendance and it didn't recover much that season as crowds ranged from 16k to 23k.

Even when Kragthorpe turned the program around in 2005 & 2006, there were a lot of games with only 15k-17k attendance. This is just a very small university with a small fan base that has probably diminished a bit with the prominence of OU/OSU. There are ~31,000 living TU alumnus vs ~200,000+ each for OU/OSU. Being an academic/private/international oriented school doesn't help either as most students don't care much about football. But even if they were all 100% engaged, that's maximum 3-4k students which won't make a dent on a half empty stadium. CFB attendance has been on a downward slope for decades since DVR and HD TV has taken its place for many CFB fans.

In 2008, TU was 6-0 and went 7-0 in front of 22k fans. After losing, attendance didn't go over 23k again. Then in the CCG at Skelly, 10-2 TU played in front of "23k" announced fans (but looked more like 17k if you were there). It was quiet and really was not a home field advantage. If you can't at least get 25k-30k for a home championship game or to celebrate an undefeated team, what could possibly make people show up?

As far as "attendance woes" and people claiming parking is an issue, I and many others parked nearly a mile away for an @OU game and it was packed. I've never parked more than 3 blocks away from a TU game.

Remember when Todd Graham voiced frustration that TU beat Notre Dame then came home to an empty stadium? And that was one of the best/most talented TU teams in the last 30 years. 10-3, blew out ranked Hawaii and lost to ECU on a last minute hail mary. TU stands were pretty sparse after that one early loss - 19,000 announced attendance and it didn't recover much that season as crowds ranged from 16k to 23k.

Even when Kragthorpe turned the program around in 2005 & 2006, there were a lot of games with only 15k-17k attendance. This is just a very small university with a small fan base that has probably diminished a bit with the prominence of OU/OSU. There are ~31,000 living TU alumnus vs ~200,000+ each for OU/OSU. Being an academic/private/international oriented school doesn't help either as most students don't care much about football. But even if they were all 100% engaged, that's maximum 3-4k students which won't make a dent on a half empty stadium. CFB attendance has been on a downward slope for decades since DVR and HD TV has taken its place for many CFB fans.

In 2008, TU was 6-0 and went 7-0 in front of 22k fans. After losing, attendance didn't go over 23k again. Then in the CCG at Skelly, 10-2 TU played in front of "23k" announced fans (but looked more like 17k if you were there). It was quiet and really was not a home field advantage. If you can't at least get 25k-30k for a home championship game or to celebrate an undefeated team, what could possibly make people show up?
Beating OSU.

Also the small sized local fan base is getting smaller because they are dying. We didn't take up policies to even maintain that local fan base at current levels in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.

Also the small sized local fan base is getting smaller because they are dying. We didn't take up policies to even maintain that local fan base at current levels in the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.
Nor did we on the academic side either. We shifted from a school primarily for kids from within 200 miles of campus to learn oilfield tech and accounting to work in OK and Texas to a school recruiting kids from MO and Kansas City to get a liberal arts degree and go to graduate school elsewhere. Most of those students left TU and have never returned. But boy did the faculty get a lot of free labor. I would love to a see a twenty year statistical breakdown of political science alumni between 1985 and 2005 broken down by career choice. Then a look at how many have donated and how many have bought even a single football or basketball ticket. I bet the giving and visit numbers for those In business, law, government, and the military look favorable or at least acceptable. There are exceptions like Dr. Carnes at Duke but everyone I went to school with that got a liberal arts degree and went into teaching that I’ve stayed in touch with could care less about TU or still holds a grudge over poor student services back in the day. Our giving alumni in their 70’s still going to games is starting to dwindle and they are not being replaced by alumni in their 50’s and regrettably that was by design back in the day by the faculty. In a quest for short term academic relevance and personal career boosts, we mortgaged an entire generation of alumni.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT