ADVERTISEMENT

Monty staying.

and then what? Another 2-3 years of 2-4 win seasons? Sorry but I’m not super excited about one 6-6 or 7-5 season every 4 years with off years being absolutely awful.
It's a little early to talk about any year except next don't you think? Nobody's coming out with 2022-2025 Way Too Early Rankings yet that I know of.

Gutless. Even Lamar fired their inept coach. Lamar, who no one cares about!111

Deeply disappointed.

But I don't have three million dollars in my checking account to pay off Montgomery, hire a new coach, and an Offensive Coordinator.

Poor schools have poor ways. [Poor in the money sense] If I did I wouldn't waste it on this administration.

I bet potential recruits will love coming to play here not knowing who their coach is going to be 2 years from now. You either give him an extension, or let him go.

North Texas and Sam Houston State should benefit greatly from this.

Last edited:
I bet potential recruits will love coming play here not knowing who their coach is going to be 2 years from now. You either give him an extension, or let him go.

North Texas and Sam Houston State should benefit greatly from this.

I'm not sure how this alone isn't evidence enough to the Admin of the damage being done by keeping Monty. Add in the declining fan support and it leaves one dumbfounded. The argument that by retaining him we are building for five years down the road has to be one of the most illogical arguments I've heard. The players below will be Seniors then btw.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2020/aac/football

Reactions: TulsaAM
I'm not sure how this alone isn't evidence enough to the Admin of the damage being done by keeping Monty. Add in the declining fan support and it leaves one dumbfounded. The argument that by retaining him we are building for five years down the road has to be one of the most illogical arguments I've heard. The players below will be Seniors then btw.

Thanks for the pick me up...

Reactions: TU Man
The difference in 4-8 and 8-4 is a razors edge. The parity in college football with most teams running the spread and enough skill players to go around makes this even more true.

That said, if you continue to find yourself on the wrong side of that edge year after year I believe that is telling. I believe we will at worst be bowl eligible next year. But I don’t feel good about sustainable success moving forward with the leadership that we have in place. I love this program and hope I’m wrong.

Because the admin did not insist on him bringing in a OC I'm out. They obviously dont care about my voice so I'll speak with my pocket book.

Hopefully out brilliant university will think about how to word contracts going forward.

If you win under 4 games and you are number 1 in having the the most penalties then the University should have say in how your salary is split up to compete

This administration (athletics and academics) believe the alumni and fans are idiots.

“We were competitive. The past couple of years we weren’t as competitive. This year, we were competitive. We were a team to be reckoned with, and I think everybody realized that and recognized that, especially within the conference.”

Here is the overall record for Monty by year, below each year is the record in games decided by seven points or less:

2015 record: 6-7 win%: .461
1-1 win%: .500

2016 record: 10-3 win%: .769
3-2 win%: .600

2017 record: 2-10 win%: .166
0-5 win%: .000

2018 record: 3-9 win%: .250
1-3 win%: .250

2019 record: 4-8 win%: .333
2-2 win%: .500

Total
Overall: 25-37 win%: .403
Games within seven points: 7-13 win%: .350

Every season but his first at least a third of our games have been one score or less. Had we won those one score games we could have been eligible for a bowl every year.

Gragg either is misinformed (should be fired) or does not think there is anyone who cares or will call him on a blatant misrepresentation of facts (should be fired).

Last edited:

Rivals has only rated 3 of our recruits in the 2020 class. I don't understand how you can make any logical comparison to other schools when the data is not even there?

Rivals has only rated 3 of our recruits in the 2020 class. I don't understand how you can make any logical comparison to other schools when the data is not even there?

How many of our other conference teams have that many not rated?

Might I suggest there's a reason why our recruits lack ratings while most of the recruits of other schools are rated...and it's not some sort of conspiracy against TU.

W H Y??????

How do we keep up and compete with our conference.

Dear admin, we Are not in the mo valley or cusa, we Are in the AAC, which Is trying to become a p6 conference. We are not helping

Deeply disappointed.

But I don't have three million dollars in my checking account to pay off Montgomery, hire a new coach, and an Offensive Coordinator.

Poor schools have poor ways. [Poor in the money sense] If I did I wouldn't waste it on this administration.

And we aren't a poor school. We are a trust fund school that can't seem to keep from spending our allowance before the year is up year in and year out.

Deeply disappointed.

We are not poor. We could absolutely pay his buyout BUT the academic powers that be within the University hierarchy don’t care. It’s a horrible reality for the student athletes that the academic liberal Powers that be on Campus hate their very existence on campus. I’m finally done! We have let them make the program irrelevant and I believe we are fighting a battle we will not win. Those current student athletes deserve way better. We as fans deserve better! If the financial investments will not be made to correct the issues that exist than we should end the program. On the flip side, if that were to occur, the academic Powers that be will officially be on notice. If they choose to sabotage the program and become a primarily academic University, they better finish in the top 25 in Business, Engineering, Nursing, and Law year. If they fail to achieve that outcome, the masses should converge on the University and Mount a protest on a scale like we have Never Seen to get rid of the dead weight academia underachievers. The political game works both ways only it’s a lot easier to get rid of a dead beat professor than a highly paid coach at a primarily academic University! We have been playing checkers while the academic haters have been playing chess. It’s time for us to wake up and take action!

Last edited:
Reactions: chito_and_leon

I remember reading that unrated recruits automatically receive a 2 star rating once they receive an FBS offer. I guess they haven't caught up with our unrated recruits. I have noticed that we have an unusually high hunger of recruits whose only other offers are FCS and DII schools. Apparently Monty can't recruit either.

We are not poor. We could absolutely pay his buyout BUT the academic powers that be within the University hierarchy don’t care. It’s a horrible reality for the student athletes that the academic liberal Powers that be on Campus hate their very existence on campus. I’m finally done! We have let them make the program irrelevant and I believe we are fighting a battle we will not win. Those current student athletes deserve way better. We as fans deserve better! If the financial investments will not be made to correct the issues that exist than we should end the program. On the flip side, if that were to occur, the academic Powers that be will officially be on notice. If they choose to sabotage the program and become a primarily academic University, they better finish in the top 25 in Business, Engineering, Nursing, and Law year. If they fail to achieve that outcome, the masses should converge on the University and Mount a protest on a scale like we have Never Seen to get rid of the dead weight academia underachievers. The political game works both ways only it’s a lot easier to get rid of a dead beat professor than a highly paid coach at a primarily academic University! We have been playing checkers while the academic haters have been playing chess. It’s time for us to wake up and take action!

Unfortunately our academic rating has been headed the same direction as our football program over the last three years.

Unfortunately our academic rating has been headed the same direction as our football program over the last three years.
And we have Levit and Clancy to thank for that as well. It’s a real :crap: show.

Without bending words too much, if there are limits on spending the billion dollars that are in the trust fund, either by rules or by academic management, then by default our sports program is poor or malnourished or deprived or S*** out of luck.

I remember reading that unrated recruits automatically receive a 2 star rating once they receive an FBS offer. I guess they haven't caught up with our unrated recruits. I have noticed that we have an unusually high hunger of recruits whose only other offers are FCS and DII schools. Apparently Monty can't recruit either.
Prospects get a rating/ranking once national and/or regional analysts have reviewed film or watched a prospect in person...it has nothing to do with receiving an FBS offer. Some kids get re-ranked several times during the recruiting cycle...some kids don't get a ranking until right before signing.

How many of our other conference teams have that many not rated?
Skimming through it looks like all the other teams combined (minus Navy) have less non-rated recruits than we do. They average about 1 non rated recruit, except Navy who literally has 74 recruits.

And by unrated I mean there's just zeros by their names. Not even the general base rating just for trying. There's literally no data that's been inserted.

If you look at another site they have all of our recruits rated and the team average is just slightly higher than last year's at this time. We're 8th in the AAC on that sight.

Also, take recruit ratings with a grain of salt. Some of the teams we nearly beat this year have recruited "way" above us in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT