ADVERTISEMENT

Montgomery to Arkansas?

I don’t think he’s firing anyone... not that he may not want to, but because both defensive coordinators are under contract for another year. Hopefully we’ll see some moves that’ll help the defense though...

I don’t think he’s firing anyone... not that he may not want to, but because both defensive coordinators are under contract for another year. Hopefully we’ll see some moves that’ll help the defense though...
I'd be happy if he brought in a co-OC who coached WRs and could be another set of eyes on what tendencies they're seeing out of the defense. I think that is where Monty gets stuck sometimes in that he sees what he sees but isn't getting enough other input for whatever reason.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
TU Baseball... ah memories..

I wish we still had a baseball program. Now that NJ has abandoned basketball for full time baseball my dream of seeing him in Tulsa blue and gold is fading.

I had to look up more details last night. It was 1974 and we split a 4 game series with the Trojans at Oiler Park. USC had also lost both games of a 2 games series at OU earlier in the week making them 2-4 on their Oklahoma road trip.

USC went on to win the College World Series that year, their 5th straight.

Anthony Davis is the only athlete to win 2 national championships in football and 3 in baseball.

Like mentioned before good for contract situation, but not the one I was hoping would go.

If that's true, and Young is retiring a year or three early for the sake of TU football, rather than being forced out, then he has my admiration.

Has he ever said exactly why he was so angry? I don’t see how it can be that he was fired. Most universities would have fired a coach under those circumstances.

He really played up the "no one respects us" angle and it showed with his teams always playing with a chip on their shoulder. I think it's just who he was. I think once Nutt was hired and had a good first season people started supporting the football team a lot more and Nolan was a little annoyed that the football coach was getting paid so much more than him and getting more interest from fans than the coach that had actually won a national title.

But he's at almost every basketball game now. Even heard some people mention him for AD lol. It's past time we named the court after him. Gotta think they will eventually now that Broyles has passed.

Is this a Brennan Marion reference?

Also, I found this amusing:
It is sort of a reference to Brennan, but honestly, anyone who would be qualified to fill those roles. I know Monty wants to be in control of the offense and production but I think it may start taking a toll on his overall game management. Even Gundy brought someone in after a while and has become a really good HC at managing a game and letting his assistants do their jobs. He needs to be more involved in the defense in terms of giving feedback at what he is seeing out of the offenses. Being an offense guy he will have a different perspective coming from what he would do in that situation to gain the necessary yardage.

I think Marion is on his way to being a superstar OC and recruiter in the college game.

Like mentioned before good for contract situation, but not the one I was hoping would go.

Yes the wrong one is retiring according to most of the football experts on here and at Baylor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT