ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis

jesterondirt

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Sep 28, 2006
Impressive win today against Ole Miss! AAC is definitely better than advertised.

Unfortunately we don't contribute in any way towards ameliorating the competitiveness of the conference...

Loved Memphis style of play. I switched back and forth between us and them all day. Very impressive!

Hopefully Memphis and Houston break the top 20 and Temple comes in around 24-25.

I still remember being disappointed in Fuente going to OU instead of Tulsa and Murray State instead of Tulsa.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Man, I wish Memphis' first meeting with Temple was in the championship. I can just see one team winning during the regular season, and the other winning in the championship. Thus screwing either of them's chances of getting a bid over somebody like Toledo.(I'm not discounting Houston, just seeing ways we could get screwed.)

With Boise imploding against USU and Toledo's big wins @ Ark and v. Iowa State, I think the winner of the ACC title game is easily in the NY Day bowl. That is important for our league. With three solid contenders (and Navy could still be there), there are too many P5 wins by the AAC to knock our champion out. This will be big for the conference from a financial and prestige side.

And, I would kill to send BB and JF back to Union East with a loss Friday night. But, very unlikely.

Two things about Memphis:
1) I remember hoping that Fuente would be our coach when Graham left. Some aid he did't have enough experience but Memphis took him the very next year and look at them now.

2) His first two years were losing season so there is hope for us. It takes time to rebuild. I was in denial about the state of our program after four years of BB but it was bad. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

Reactions: RealTUTypical
2) His first two years were losing season so there is hope for us. It takes time to rebuild. I was in denial about the state of our program after four years of BB but it was bad. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

And just remember all the players playing this season were playing last year, except President yesterday. All of the others getting play time were part of BB's staff and many have improved. As a fan base we have to be patient and allow this coaching staff to recruit and rebuild. The players they've got committed for this season is a promising start. I think it'll still be another two seasons before we will have the talent needed on defense to be at the level we want to be, IMO.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT