ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis v Cinn

Glad to see a post from u! U as excited as the rest of us are bout PM?

Not exactly sure how you expect me to answer that if your even asking for real. Obviously an awkward position. I bleed blue and love my family at the same time. I try not to read most of this sh*t but old habits I guess. Love our guys. They are playing their asses off.

"Waldo"

I have obviously misunderstood how close and familial your ties to BB were. I'm going to embarrassingly apologize to u, and extricate myself from this thread. Should have seen it, but did not.

Last edited:
No apologies necessary, I thought you might be a former union player, were a former hurricane, and that no disloyalty would be taken by your dad if u made comments bout the new staff. Course that was before I knew he was your dad! Once again, my apologies.

I went to youth group with the Blankenship clan growing up in Tulsa, and got my MBA alongside Caleb back in '07. His brothers and dad were a class act long before you guys saw them pull on TU uniforms. BB got us our last liberty bowl win and did good things with the program under his tenure. Did you guys ever watch his interview upon termination? It was encomium regarding the university and challenges facing the football program, not sour grapes. CLASS

I've said before, I saw BB at every press conference after the home losses in the last season. You could tell he wanted the absolute best for the program, the school, and most of all his players individually.

Really I would have liked to see him moved into another position at the university just so we could still have him as an ambassador and positive face in the public and behind the scenes. Hopefully he'll come back in the not too distant future and be a positive figure at TU again. I think he could help a lot with getting us that practice facility funded.

I've said before, I saw BB at every press conference after the home losses in the last season. You could tell he wanted the absolute best for the program, the school, and most of all his players individually.

Really I would have liked to see him moved into another position at the university just so we could still have him as an ambassador and positive face in the public and behind the scenes. Hopefully he'll come back in the not too distant future and be a positive figure at TU again. I think he could help a lot with getting us that practice facility funded.
As a man, unsurpassed-as a head coach, surpassed. Don't forget that Coach Monty is winning so far with Coach Blank's recruits-so that often quoted slam about "can't recruit worth a bleep" is bull pucky. Looking forward to Coach Monty's & crew's recruiting ability. TU Football: 1st,last,always!

As a man, unsurpassed-as a head coach, surpassed. Don't forget that Coach Monty is winning so far with Coach Blank's recruits-so that often quoted slam about "can't recruit worth a bleep" is bull pucky. Looking forward to Coach Monty's & crew's recruiting ability. TU Football: 1st,last,always!
Talk about new recruits; I met Rowdy Frederick at the FAU game, he sat behind me. That guy is huge! Said he can't wait to play the likes of Ohio State next year as a freshman and turned down offers to Arkansas and Texas Tech to come play for Tulsa.

Hope ya'll like my new avatar. We all know that Goldie has learning issues, now this pathetic dog has bird issues. However, I have it on good authority that the parakeets are being trained to buzz opposing QB's on 3rd & long and are doing well. Might see them this Sat!

Talk about new recruits; I met Rowdy Frederick at the FAU game, he sat behind me. That guy is huge! Said he can't wait to play the likes of Ohio State next year as a freshman and turned down offers to Arkansas and Texas Tech to come play for Tulsa.

They had a picture of Rowdy and Bucktrot before the game. Bucktrot is no small guy either.

Reactions: TulsaGrad07
Yes sir! He was sitting next to Rowdy. A huge guy as well, but Rowdy had a few inches and 40 pounds on him. They'll both make great additions to our O-Line from their first snap.

I think TU will torch both of these teams. Our big roadblock is Houston...
And Memphis will not torch TU? You are hardly defensive juggernauts. You are also banking that Fuente and staff will not have the issues fixed in the next 4 weeks. It is a young talented unit. There will be a game when it all comes together for those players and we become really dangerous. I am hoping it comes during Ole Miss.

You also shouldn't be thinking we have a let down if we lose to Ole Miss. Fuente has installed a culture of 1-0 each week with this team. His teams usually are focused on the opponent of that week.

Till then good luck and beat Houston for us

No. We aren't defensive juggernauts. However, with key defensive players returning and Bill Young's ability to make adjustments during the game, we should improve enough to slow/stop Memphis enough to allow our offense to run away with the game. There is also a slight chance that my opinion will prove to be wrong.

Fuente has installed a culture, blah, blah, blah. How is the "offensive analyst" doing for you guys? Fur realz.

LOL, the job of that offensive analyst is to sit at home, collect his 50k paycheck, and massage Fuente's shoulders.

No. We aren't defensive juggernauts. However, with key defensive players returning and Bill Young's ability to make adjustments during the game, we should improve enough to slow/stop Memphis enough to allow our offense to run away with the game. There is also a slight chance that my opinion will prove to be wrong.
Who have you beaten with a pulse? Moral victories don't count since it didn't with Ole Miss and UCLA last year with us. We have least beaten 2 teams that will be bowling this year.

Not going to blast Memphis because Paxton Lynch is the real deal at QB. Unfortunately for him, the Jets are probably going to draft yet another QB this season and it will probably be him. Memphis' D, especially the secondary is susceptible to all sorts of passes...and running...and yardage. We all watched the game against Cincinnati where a kid carrying a clip board came in and torched you all for almost 500 yds. And if you for one second think that TU's corps of WRs is not one of the top 3 in the conference (personally, my biased opinion is that they are the best), you're crazy. Add to that the confidence this team has built up in just the first 3 games...this year's game will be nothing like last year's game. Memphis be warned.

Not going to blast Memphis because Paxton Lynch is the real deal at QB. Unfortunately for him, the Jets are probably going to draft yet another QB this season and it will probably be him. Memphis' D, especially the secondary is susceptible to all sorts of passes...and running...and yardage. We all watched the game against Cincinnati where a kid carrying a clip board came in and torched you all for almost 500 yds. And if you for one second think that TU's corps of WRs is not one of the top 3 in the conference (personally, my biased opinion is that they are the best), you're crazy. Add to that the confidence this team has built up in just the first 3 games...this year's game will be nothing like last year's game. Memphis be warned.
Defense is suspectible because they are young and out of position. Tulsa would mostly be catching them when they start to come into their own.

I am just trying to understand how you guys will run away with this game when you haven't done it in any of your other games against crappy teams.

I fully expect to be in a dog fight because the West is good. You talk about confidence but you think our team doesn't have confidence after beating BG and Cincy already. Games that we were predicted to actually lose by most fans and media.

Did you read my posts? I only ask because it seems like you are quoting me in order to make random statements that really have nothing to do with what I said. As far as torching you guys, I stand by my opinion. Also, this is our board, so stop asking me to justify myself as if I went onto the Memphis board and started challenging the posters over there...

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
We're lucky that Memphis has a solid football program again. It makes the conference a helluva lot stronger and makes our conference games actually interesting again. When we were in C-USA, several of the teams we played against (i.e. UTEP, Tulane, Rice, Southern Miss) couldn't generate enough interest to sell tickets. Now that we're back playing against teams like Memphis, Houston, Navy, we might actually generate some interest / buzz around town with our opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT