ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis v Cinn

Both teams seem a bit out of control with late hits, unsportsmanlike penalties and head to head hits. Especially Memphis

Lynch is far better than anything we had under BB's tutelage. He's made several plays where he works through a 3-4 receiver progression pretty quickly. He's going to make some NFL team pretty happy.

These defenses tho.
I'm not sure anyone outside of Temple plays any defense and they gave up a ton to Cincinnati too.

As it stands the conference champion favorite would fall to 0-2 in conference and would all but be eliminated from the conference title chase in September. Yeah, this should be fun.

I may have spoken too soon. This FR QB from Cincinnati...he might be just a little good

Lynch is far better than anything we had under BB's tutelage. He's made several plays where he works through a 3-4 receiver progression pretty quickly. He's going to make some NFL team pretty happy.

Makes me wonder if PM could have done anything with Green.

The system would have worked for Green and I think he would have run just a little bit more on some read-option stuff. Kinne would have flourished in Monty's system.

Rubbing the AAC Crystal Ball for the AAC West teams:
Houston has the easiest path 2 an undefeated season,
AAC title, & possible BcS Bowl

Houston
--Tex St & Vanderbilt left on OOC game
--They get SMU, Memphis, Cinn, & Navy @ home & do not play Temple
--Most difficult test left on the road: Here, Oct 3rd, 11AM or @ U Conn

Memphis
Has HUGE P5 game @ home vs. Univ of Mississippi 10/17
TU catches them @ home the following week on a Friday night game
Tuff November slate:
Navy @ home then @ Houston & @ Temple back 2 back
then closes w/ SMU @ home.

SMU
Gets Temple & Tulsa @ home
But plays @ Houston, @ Navy, & @ Memphis

TU
We get Houston, Memphis, & Navy @ home
Play @ (spoiler) Cinn, @ SMU, & @ ECU (Seems 2 B missing OC Lincoln Riley?)

Sorry, forgot about our New Shipmates
It’s an honor having Navy as a conference mate

Because of Navy, Big 10 is counting
Navy, U Conn, & Cincinnati as P5 opponents in their OOC scheduling;
Univ of Indiana had asked 4 that waiver because they play
these schools in OOC play in the next 5-6 yrs

Navy (IMHO has the most difficult road of the teams mentioned to win the AAC West)
Tuff Road slate
@ U Conn, Memphis, TU, & Houston
SMU only tuff AAC opponent @ home
Already has one AAC win over ECU

Still has 2 play their yrly matches w/
@ Notre Dame & Air Force @ home & the annual game w/ Army in Philly.

Last edited:
Rubbing the AAC Crystal Ball for the AAC West teams:
Houston has the easiest path 2 an undefeated season,
AAC title, & possible BcS Bowl

Houston
--Tex St & Vanderbilt left on OOC game
--They get SMU, Memphis, Cinn, & Navy @ home & do not play Temple

Memphis
Has HUGE P5 game @ home vs. Univ of Mississippi 10/17
TU catches them @ home the following week on a Friday night game
Tuff November slate:
Navy @ home then @ Houston & @ Temple back 2 back
then closes w/ SMU @ home.

SMU
Gets Temple & Tulsa @ home
But plays @ Houston, @ Navy, & @ Memphis

TU
We get Houston, Memphis, & Navy @ home
Play @ (spoiler) Cinn, @ SMU, & @ ECU (Seems 2 B missing OC Lincoln Riley?)

Who are our other 2 conference games? We play at Tulane and have UCF at home. Honestly, we have some tough games but I am sure glad we are playing Houston and Memphis in the friendly confines of Chapman...at least this year. By the time we get to the Cincinnati game, they may be so far out of the race they may just not care any more. @ SMU is going to be a little tougher than anyone would have guessed. Outside of Tulane, I think any of the other 5 teams in the AAC west have a chance to win the division. SMU and Tulsa will need to get stronger on defense, BUT their offenses will keep them in many games and give them a chance. This season is going to be fun!

Yes, the daunting schedule with the east crossovers doesn't look nearly as daunting after week 3...

Yes, the daunting schedule with the east crossovers doesn't look nearly as daunting after week 3...
I don't know if I mentioned it on this board or the AAC one, but I've always thought we got a pretty favorable schedule as far as who we played at home. Then with the East teams (Cincy, ECU, UCF) all looking weaker than previously thought, we have a good chance to steal some that we weren't supposed to in August.

I don't know if I mentioned it on this board or the AAC one, but I've always thought we got a pretty favorable schedule as far as who we played at home. Then with the East teams (Cincy, ECU, UCF) all looking weaker than previously thought, we have a good chance to steal some that we weren't supposed to in August.

When the schedule was initially released our crossover games were the most difficult of any other team in the west based on the fact that those 3 schools were all considered 1-2-3 in the east. I know I felt TU got screwed in that dept. Seems we caught the break with UCF being horrible, ECU is struggling to find an identity on both sides of the ball, and Cincinnati is playing a FR at QB after their POY candidate gets obliterated last night (BTW, other than the fact that Kiel was going into a give up slide, the hit, while punishing and hard seemed to be shoulder to shoulder. I think Kiel's head bounced off the turf in addition to his shoulder just being driven into the ground. My guess right now is a stinger and I'm hoping he doesn't have any long term effects from this). In hindsight, we caught a break this year.

Makes me wonder if PM could have done anything with Green.
giphy.gif

I think definitely. In addition to system there's been strides in mechanics also.
Uhhh ... CG couldn't complete more than 55% of his passes against air. He was NOT an accurate passer at all. No amount of system changes, mechanics, etc could help him be substantially more accurate. The difference between Dane & CG is Dane (while raw) still had a base line accuracy that CG would never have. Nevertheless, I am so grateful that I don't have to sit through another season of proving all of you numpties wrong .... again.

Every QB we've had in the last decade would likely have benefitted.

Shavodrick Beaver could have been a Heisman.

Reactions: TU_BLA
PM would have benched him and had DE ready to play is what would have happened...IMHO!
Exactly!!! I took my son to Iowa St to watch CG's first game. I was shocked watching warm ups. No joke, CG couldn't hit our receivers just doing the drills with no defenders. Most of his passes either hit the ground at the receivers' feet, were badly behind them or sailed over their heads. Again, these were passes with only air defending. His passes were so off-target I thought he was goofing around. However right beside CG was a skinny little freshman (Evans) who was drilling the receivers right between the numbers. The difference in accuracy was so apparent and shocking. Yes, Evans was raw and lacked touch. But at least he could throw the damn ball to the receivers most of the time. As I documented immediately after the game, CG was a terrible throwing QB. Even back then, I began advocating that IF we were going to keep CG as our starting QB then our only chance was to just run the ball. Otherwise, we needed to make an immediate change to the freshman if we were going to try and throw it. BB choose option #1 and we became a power rushing team. Once Graham's superior o-line players graduated, BB no longer had the horses to play power ball anymore. BB stubbornly refused to change his system and got his a$$ fired.

Why even argue with Barrister, according to him, he already has ALL the answers. Also according to him he already has all the answers way before anybody else on this board. I think when he made so many posts, and the rivals site qualified him as Athletic Director, he took it seriously, and thought he was special. I just let all his empty words go in one ear and out the other. I'm sure this will incite him to say smugface and all that. I'll just watch and laugh.

Green was injured during the first part of his playing time, and nobody on this board can say absolutely what PM could have done with his mechanics.

But I would listen to somebody who knew and played the game, and had a decent mind, like FmrCane, way before somebody like me or Barrister. And by the way, I miss FmrCane, please come back!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT