ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis game thread

Well OSU had us down 23-3 a few years back with about 5 minutes left and that one turned out ok.

I doubt it happens again though.

If Monty has been warned about player discipline then he may not make the next game. Very poor look for the program and it happens too frequently

Terry hit and tackled a guy, and then laid on top of him and shoved him into the ground 3 or 4 times.
They just need to can Monty’s butt tonight , would send a message TU doesn’t tolerate thugs. Under him, we now have that reputation

Reactions: TU83
Brin has another year. After he's healthy, he has shown what he can do.(Especially if he has a decent offensive line.)
But would he want to come back?

Need to move quickly on a new coach so that guys like him can make informed decisions.

The system where QBs go to die
Beginning to agree with you. Actually, if you asked the players or even other coaches, there is another QB on the team. Would have liked to have seen him have a real shot at competing for the starting job. Although, the reigns would have to be taken off with play calling.

100 yards in one half is inexcusable.

Can we forfeit the rest of the season? The first 2 seasons under Montgomery were fine. Since then? It has been borderline unbearable.
Very predictable offense with no creativity and no o-line
Beginning to agree with you. Actually, if you asked the players or even other coaches, there is another QB on the team. Would have liked to have seen him have a real shot at competing for the starting job. Although, the reigns would have to be taken off with play calling.
Other teams know all of our play calls so there is that huge disadvantage.

After 8 years of relative futility, I too want a change. But....who knows how this season could have gone before the end of the 1st Q vs Ole Miss. Two TD passes & a seven point lead. I mean, the nation's leading QB gets hurt & has never been the same. He looked absolutely beat up yesterday, too. A true warrior who I hope comes back next year, if eligible.

Reactions: OKTornadoes
Well OSU had us down 23-3 a few years back with about 5 minutes left and that one turned out ok.

I doubt it happens again though.
We had a head coach who could actually coach and manage a clock back then. And it's still one of my all time favorite TU athletics memories.

3 1/2 games of offense wasn't a mirage. Our OL was ok, but thin, and our QB was phenomenal. Then injuries hit us in both places.

We can thank Ole Miss for refusing to lose, and playing dirty to keep from losing. We can thank our well earned rep for getting the tables turned on us. You know Ole Miss was expecting a dirty game from us., I imagine they watch bowl games against Miss St. They probably have a few local friends on each team that share stories.

But would he want to come back?

Need to move quickly on a new coach so that guys like him can make informed decisions.
After the abuse he has taken is it in his best interest, regarding his future health, to continue playing here or anywhere?

Reactions: drboobay
After the abuse he has taken is it in his best interest, regarding his future health, to continue playing here or anywhere?
A few months off, and maybe a surgery on his shoulder, and he should be back to normal. Get rid of the coach, and bring someone in with a better attitude. Everything could be all good for him. You just have to address that when it happens. Addressing it before he is healed up, or on the road to recovery, and we have a new coach?

That's just mental gymnastics with a low bar, for no reason.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT