ADVERTISEMENT

Los Lobos Game Thread

We’ll be lucky to win another game this year...QB a major issue. If the D knows you can’t throw they can pack it and there’s only so many tackled Brewer and Brooks can elude.

Play calling was sorry. I don’t think there is any confidence in President and today he couldn’t even run the ball. New Mexico just showed everyone how to shut our office down.

This was pathetic.

Just a pathetic showing on offense. Davie out coached Monty imo. No complaints on defense, gave up 16 points.

Are we sure Bill wasn't on the sideline today? What a disgusting football team. I'd be perfectly fine if the entire coaching staff got fired tomorrow and replaced with a high school staff. Absolutely pathetic.
Thing is, he had 2 years to recruit a QB. Can't win football games when all you can do is run.

In short, we lost
We lost to a 3rd/4th string QB that went 9/14 for 108 yards and an INT, but ran for 156 and a TD.

Meanwhile, our "4 star" scrambling QB went 13/27 for 131 yards, 1 INT, and -4 rushing yards. Effing amazing.

We lost the total yards battle 286 to 446.

We won the TO battle 3-1.

We lost TOP 42 minutes to 18.

We lost the first down battle 25-15.

We are a terrible football team coached by an increasingly stubborn bad coach.

We’ve become one dimensional on offense. Time to move Chad and try something else.

I am trying to figure out how New Mexico had over 400 yards in offense and only 16 pts to show for it.

We were anemic all over the place. Except our punter. He’s a stud.

No they won’t. The game is not long enough for them to do that.
Fair point. It'll be 35 - 17, they'll have 50 minutes T.O.P. Or it'll be 50/50 TOP because we'll let them score on 50 yard runs. NM wasn't athletic enough to break the long one, Navy will be though.

I am trying to figure out how New Mexico had over 400 yards in offense and only 16 pts to show for it.

We were anemic all over the place. Except our punter. He’s a stud.
They fumbled 2 times in our red zone, didn't they? Then that INT. We won the turnover battle and still found a way to lose b/c Chad sucks and Monty is stupid.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
Should have opened up the playbook a bit more. President overthrew too many passes, but we didn't utilize his running abilities enough.

I went to the game and noticed the same thing I noticed in the spring game and every game since, CP doesn't have an arm strong enough to become a good college quarterback in an offense with a passing game. Even his completions arrive so late that the receivers have no time to make a move to get downfield. The weak arm is just going to be too much of a liability to ever have a passing attack that anyone respects. Monty needs to get objective about this and start developing a QB with the arm strength of a D1 talent.

I went to the game and noticed the same thing I noticed in the spring game and every game since, CP doesn't have an arm strong enough to become a good college quarterback in an offense with a passing game. Even his completions arrive so late that the receivers have no time to make a move to get downfield. The weak arm is just going to be too much of a liability to ever have a passing attack that anyone respects. Monty needs to get objective about this and start developing a QB with the arm strength of a D1 talent.

Agreed. This is why I was surprised Montgomery ended up sticking with President as the starter. He's extremely athletic, but he can't throw the ball with accuracy beyond 10 yards or so. I really thought skipper would start simply based on his ability to give us both a run and pass option.

Agreed. This is why I was surprised Montgomery ended up sticking with President as the starter. He's extremely athletic, but he can't throw the ball with accuracy beyond 10 yards or so. I really thought skipper would start simply based on his ability to give us both a run and pass option.

Let's hope he (Skipper) gets a start next game. He's (Prez) been given 33% of the schedule and he's 1 and 3. The defence only played good in 1 of those 4 games, but today he was completely stymied and ineffectual. Tripped on 3rd and 1 like a friggin putz.

He’s not going to change quarterbacks going into conference play and a grudge game.

Offensive coaching was very one dimensional today.

We looked poorly coached and out recruited..

Our talent level does not appear to be improved.

He’s not going to change quarterbacks going into conference play and a grudge game.
Which means we will have to watch President until we finally face a team that can stop our run and score points. Navy might be that team. But we wouldn't possibly see a QB change until the second half.

Tulsa's talent is not up to where Graham had it...

Monty has warts.

Crap defense. Poorly coached.

Offense is fine - better than average. But a :crap: defense w a slightly better than "ok" offense won't win D1 games.

We substitute players at every position except QB it seems. I am a basketball guy but when a starter is struggling like a Pat Birt, you try someone else. No one on this board or in the stands is going to berate the coaching staff for using the back-up QB for a few series and see if there is potential there. Heck, New Mexico used their 3rd string QB today and he could stay a starter if they keep winning.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
If Coach Monty doesn't wake quick in regards to getting a QB in that can actually throw balls accurately. It will be blood bath in conference games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT