ADVERTISEMENT

Los Lobos Game Thread

I'm disappointed that the coaches have decided that this week we're a passing team and aren't adjusting. TU is making over 4 yards per carry but we'll have 2nd and 6 then throw a pass and end up 3rd and 6. We're not fooling them so we need to just shove it down their throat.

Our D is probably the dumbest of any unit I have ever seen as my time as a TU fan. We’ve had bad teams, kids who weren’t athletic, but not generally just low football IQs. Our D can’t diagnose anything, is not disciplined and then commits ridiculous penalties. Defending the option, DE sets the edge, has the QB, OLB has the pitch man. Not sure how many times Suits has just chased where he thinks the ball is going to and just leaves a gap a Mack truck can get through. It’s ridiculous.

Maybe Monty needs to go. This game is the definition of insanity. Monty is in control of the offense right?

Why doesn't Chad keep it? lol. Dane wasn't the issue on these "read option" looking plays, it's Monty.

Our D is probably the dumbest of any unit I have ever seen as my time as a TU fan. We’ve had bad teams, kids who weren’t athletic, but not generally just low football IQs. Our D can’t diagnose anything, is not disciplined and then commits ridiculous penalties. Defending the option, DE sets the edge, has the QB, OLB has the pitch man. Not sure how many times Suits has just chased where he thinks the ball is going to and just leaves a gap a Mack truck can get through. It’s ridiculous.

Lot of truth in that statement.

Is it safe to say the Defence is better than the offense this game??? Is that possible??

Dodging so many bullets.

My gosh Chad. Chad has left 4 TDs on the field. Screw you Monty, this game is on you and not benching Chad.

The biggest problem for Tulsa isn't actually this game. Its the future games Tulsa plays this season. New Mexico figured out how to play this Tulsa offense. Man up outside, pack it in, rush a 7 man randomly and force Tulsa to throw over the defense, which Tulsa isn't that good at.

Reactions: TUGrad06
The biggest problem for Tulsa isn't actually this game. Its the future games Tulsa plays this season. New Mexico figured out how to play this Tulsa offense. Man up outside, pack it in, rush a 7 man randomly and force Tulsa to throw over the defense. Which Tulsa isn't that good at.
And opposing offenses can do anything they want because, well, we have the #129 ranked defense.

First time UNM was stopped without them fumbling. I don't think they've punted and that was their first turnover on downs.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Good things happen when you play Petera more. Should be out there every play on defense. Has been today and has had a monster game

Reactions: TU_BLA
LOL. Keep him in there Monty. He's doing great. Slips on a read option, can't throw a 30 yard pass, 1st INT when he could've had 3 today. Good lord, screw you Monty.

Now that non conference play is over, we’ll have some changes for next week. Don’t worry, Grad, you’ll get your wish.

This offense is back to being boring. I'm so bored watching the offense. Same thing every 1st down. We don't have a qb that can read defenses or throw so I get it but let's do different kinds of runs at least.

Now that non conference play is over, we’ll have some changes for next week. Don’t worry, Grad, you’ll get your wish.
Chad has been exposed this game. He can't throw the ball accurately over 25yds. I used to say 30yds but that has been cut down to 20yds, being generous at that. Chad you need to practice your throws over 20yds everyday. Maybe twice a day. ;-)

Last edited:
What makes you think Monty will make any changes?

He reads this board every week, just not during the games. You should try recommending the opposite of what you want to happen.

/sarcasm

That is disgusting...
What an atrocious game by Tulsa's offense. Monty has the play calling creativity of a retard today.

ESPN 3 failed me just as they were lining up for the FG, what happened?

It's almost like bill Blankenship not benching Cody green for Dane. This game is on Monty
Are we sure Bill wasn't on the sideline today? What a disgusting football team. I'd be perfectly fine if the entire coaching staff got fired tomorrow and replaced with a high school staff. Absolutely pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT