ADVERTISEMENT

Los Lobos Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Watching from STL, couldn’t make it to Tulsa today.

Ready to get back to .500 today

We have 3 weeks in a row playing against some form of option. Early into the 1st game it doesn’t look like the defense practiced against an option this year.

Also this attendance is, quite possibly, the worst I’ve seen in the last 10-15 years.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Theyre 3rd and 7 at our 27, id have called a timeout and hoped for a stop and made them kick into the wind.

Very bad. We have the lowest level of WR talent we've had in many many years. Hobbs has dropsies. johnson drops an easy TD that was actually a good throw. Chad has minimal pocket awareness. Outside of our RBs and a few Olineman, we haven't had this little talent since 2001.

Amen. Hobbs dropped an easy touchdown and tripped on his own feet. On the positive side, President isn't one to throw a pick when there's nothing there, and our O-line is solid.

Tulsa's defense does not know what to do or how to do it. I don't think the coaches have any idea on how to play the option.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Is it that hard to practice throwing a streak and getting the timing right? my gosh.

Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper!

“President! President! President! President! President! President! President! President! President! President” - TUGrad06 last year

Seriously though we just aren’t a good football team, except kicker, punter, RB, and O-Line.

I am fairly certain my local HS's Freshman QB could do as good a job as the NM's QB today...

“President! President! President! President! President! President! President! President! President! President” - TUGrad06 last year

Seriously though we just aren’t a good football team, except kicker, punter, RB, and O-Line.
Just because Chad is worse than Dane doesn't make Dane great. It means Dane was good, Chad is below average. 4 star bust.

Odd coaching decisions. Bad timeouts among them.

Either our defense is even worse than we thought, or New Mexico's 3rd string qb looks way better than our starter. Respect for that guy, but UMN #3 shouldn't look better than our starter.

We are not a good football team.

Also, turn down the PA and don't blare music over the band.

Finally, New Mexico is cocky enough on our field to start crap going into half. Weak that we can't just point at the scoreboard.

It’s time to give Skipper a series or two to sling it. I bet you roll him out the first series and have Skipper chucking it and Los Lobos will end up calling a time out.

Reactions: TUGrad06
It’s time to give Skipper a series or two to sling it. I bet you roll him out the first series and have Skipper chucking it and Los Lobos will end up calling a time out.
I think Monty is too stubborn or dumb to do that. Any decent coach sees the issue, and changes something to try to light a fire under the team.

It will also be the first person to tell you "the offense doesn't have problems."
No. Everyone was telling me last week that the defense was to blame for that loss. The offense had some responsibility too. Today it has most of the responsibility.

No. Everyone was telling me last week that the defense was to blame for that loss. The offense had some responsibility too. Today it has most of the responsibility.

I still stand by the offense was fine in Ohio. They shouldn’t take the blame for losing after scoring 51 points.

Today, you’re right the offense is the reason to be losing. Have to be able to make simple throws when a team is stacking box.

President was making quick outs to Johnson the last few weeks and that worked. Works even better against a defense like this but they haven’t gone to it and I don’t get that. Obviously a deep ball is preferred here but President hasn’t proven the ability to throw that nor the receivers to catch it.

I don’t think Skipper, although a better passer, fixes the problem today. WRs just aren’t very good either.

President has to be aware of the game in front of him. Lobo CB will at times leave his WR & move up beside DE & rush. If President would have a signal with the WR (Johnson), he could fake the handoff & Johnson would be wide open.

That would also help to open up our running game. .

So you really can't understand the difference between "the offense wasn't to blame for that loss" and "the offense is perfect?"

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Bench him.

“Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper! Skipper!” - cmullinsTU today

This isn’t a defense President can succeed against. Give Skipper a try before we lose to a 3rd/4th string QB. President can start against next team that doesn’t stack box if that’s what staff wants.

Bench him.
QB is really the main problem. Time for Skipper, move Chad to receive or a secondary. If he is too proud to do that, let him transfer because he obviously doesn't want what's best for the team. Everywhere else on offense is fine.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT