ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Scrimmage 10-22

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Assessment

1. Our top three bigs are better than any we had last year.
2. The opposite is true of the guards.
3. TK, Martins, and Junior were superb today. TK was 5-5 from the field and 8-9 from the line Martins was 7-8 from the field and 5-5 from the line. Etoh was 6-11 from the field with one three.

4. Will Magnay was 3-4 from the field but looks really young. Good redshirt candidate.
5. Pat Birt was super at 7-11 from the field with 4 threes.
6 . Artison shoots a lot from everywhere but was only 2-8 and stays mostly on the perimeter.
7. Henderson 3-9 , not his best shooting day.
8. Wheeler can really take it to the hole 4-5 and 5-6 FT
9. Korita 2-5 both threes
10. Atson and Battle have yet to respond in the two public scrimmages. Battle could be a redshirt candidate.
11. Taplin seemed off today 3-9 or so from the field

12. So I left very impressed with our Bigs. The best group in a while and came away impressed with our free throw shooting. I have no doubt that will be better. But no answer for the loss of Harrison and Woodard, but we knew they would be hard to replace.

Last edited:
Assessment

1. Our top three bigs are better than any we had last year.
2. The opposite is true of the guards.
3. TK, Martins, and Junior were superb today. TK was 5-5 from the field and 8-9 from the line Martins was 7-8 from the field and 5-5 from the line. Etoh was 6-11 from the field with one three.

4. Will Magnay was 3-4 from the field but looks really young. Good redshirt candidate.
5. Pat Burt was super at 7-11 from the field with 4 threes.
6 . Artison shoots a lot from everywhere but was only 2-8 and stays mostly on the perimeter.
7. Henderson 3-9 , not his best shooting day.
8. Wheeler can really take it to the hole 4-5 and 5-6 FT
9. Korita 2-5 both threes
10. Atson and Battle have yet to respond in the two public scrimmages. Battle could be a redshirt candidate.
11. Taplin seemed off today 3-9 or so from the field

12. So I left very impressed with our Bigs. The best group in a while and came away impressed with our free throw shooting. I have no doubt that will be better. But no answer for the loss of Harrison and Woodard, but we knew they would be hard to replace.
Missed the scrimmage but if your shooting numbers are correct the offense is much improved. Even korita 2-5 from the 3 is outstanding. I'll take 40% from the 3 any day

We shot a lot better than the first scrimmage. Our free throw percentage looks night and day better than last year. Guards are the concern, unusual for a Tulsa team. Our bigs looked really good, but they were not scrimmaging against Cincy or UConn.

I truly believe this will be FH best team hands down they are so deep, so athletic and can shoot the basketball its really scary! I would have to say that free throw shooting was the most impressive improvement from a year ago.... TK,JE and MI are absolute animals on the interior!

Reactions: Bill Lowery
Offense will be fine. Defense scares the hell out of me at the moment.

Thanks I.I. i was at KU this weekend so I missed the scrimmage. It sounds like Wheeler and Martins had another good scrimmage. Looking forward to them playing well this season. Edogi was a jumping jack at the first scrimmage he looks very improved.

No question guard play has a ways to go, but I think this team surprises people in the AAC.

GO TU!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT