ADVERTISEMENT

Kitty Elementary Game Thread

and i wouldn't blame them honestly. remember a few years ago, when shamari was being recruited? i said on this board he should not come here to be ruined by monty. he would have a brighter future with a good coach. i knew i would be correct.

Monty came up with the idea of having Shamari run through the rectum of the o-line, out their mouths and thereby pickup 3 or 4 yards--since running and bouncing off their asses results in zero yards per friggin carry

Can someone who went to the game estimate the attendance for us? ESPN wouldn't even show the stands during the game... That's usually emblematic of empty grandstands

I went to the first half of Tulsa/Houston and the 2nd half of Owasso/BA.

There were at least twice as many fans at the HS game.

You could have went to the East stands at Chapman, introduced yourself to everyone over there and probably remembered most of their names.

I went to the first half of Tulsa/Houston and the 2nd half of Owasso/BA.

There were at least twice as many fans at the HS game.

You could have went to the East stands at Chapman, introduced yourself to everyone over there and probably remembered most of their names.

Was it the smallest TU crowd you've seen in years? It sure looked like it when they had the opening ESPN preamble to the game. Maybe butts in seats will speak to Gragg more than common sense will at this point and light Monty's hut on fire after the last game of the season...

Was it the smallest TU crowd you've seen in years? It sure looked like it when they had the opening ESPN preamble to the game. Maybe butts in seats will speak to Gragg more than common sense will at this point and light Monty's hut on fire after the last game of the season...

What struck me most was the lack of interest by those who were in attendance. Definitely the quietest crowd in a long time, save for the 2 or 3 guys a few rows behind me that yelled about the lack of an offensive coordinator quite often.

There were a lot of recruits and their families at the game, although not nearly as many as expected. Those poor kids looked bored to tears.

How do we recruit kids with empty bleachers, a chronically losing team and fans booing the coach for his misfit play-calling? I was looking at the recruiting post and the highest ranked player we had was a couple of 3 star players. This program needs an enema

What struck me most was the lack of interest by those who were in attendance. Definitely the quietest crowd in a long time, save for the 2 or 3 guys a few rows behind me that yelled about the lack of an offensive coordinator quite often.

There were a lot of recruits and their families at the game, although not nearly as many as expected. Those poor kids looked bored to tears.
If you watched on TV, it was like watching tennis. Quietest game since that strange TU-Tulane Katrina makeup game in Reston with about 400 people there.

Seriously.. if we are keeping this guy.. then hire art briles to run the offense..
Couldn't be much more embarrassing than it is now, but I don't think we need the related crimes that accompany that type of hire.

Couldn't be much more embarrassing than it is now, but I don't think we need the related crimes that accompany that type of hire.

But his no talent henchman is no problem?... seriously.. montgomery was on Briles staff almost his whole career.. believing that he knew nothing about any of that stuff to me seems pretty naive.

But his no talent henchman is no problem?... seriously.. montgomery was on Briles staff almost his whole career.. believing that he knew nothing about any of that stuff to me seems pretty naive.
All of this. There were similar issues for Briles at the High school level that were covered by local media at the time. Montgomery must have known about those and stayed on staff. Briles excuse then, then at Baylor, and now, was that he was too good a Christian giving second chances to be an effective disciplinarian. Look at this team and tell me you see discipline.

TU, like most colleges, has had problems with sexual assault. An even bigger problem is that a not too distant past survey of the women on campus showed that only 2 out of 10 women considered TU trustworthy enough to help them through the aftermath of unwanted sexual contact. It’s up to about 8 out of 10 now. If there’s an argument to be made for him hitting the highway early, one of the most effective arguments would be that $1.4 million in buy out might save us $10 million, $100 million in settlements if the same lack of accountability rears it’s head during a lame duck year.

Last edited:
That comment was made in jest. No talent henchman are a problem. I’m not so foolish to think he was completely complicit in his knowledge of Briles shop of horrific deeds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT