ADVERTISEMENT

Journalist from Saudi Arabia

When right wing mobs start chasing liberal politicians and their families down in public and verbally and/or physically assaulted them we can talk. I don’t agree with Trump here btw. However, I seriously doubt we’re going to see a rash of Pub policians tracking down and assaulting reporters and their families in the coming weeks. That can’t be said for those taking the lead from the likes of Ms Waters and crew
No they just chase women away from abortion clinics and gay people away from chapels. They just beat the hell out of people in Charlotte, run people over and murder them... Don't tell me the right wing doesn't incite violence.

If I were a republican leader, I would be pretty giddy that all that was happening to me in retribution was that I was getting shouted out of a restaurant. Small price to pay for my millions of dollars in savings for my tax cuts.

Last edited:
24vjlg8.jpg

No they just chase women away from abortion clinics and gay people away from chapels. They just beat the hell out of people in Charlotte, run people over and murder them... Don't tell me the right wing doesn't incite violence.

If I were a republican leader, I would be pretty giddy that all that was happening to me in retribution was that I was getting shouted out of a restaurant. Small price to pay for my millions of dollars in savings for my tax cuts.

Never said the right didn’t incite violence as well. What I said is that neither Senators or the President should be encouraging violence. People obviously listen. Whether it’s the ult left Antifa or the ult right. What just happened in Charlotte?

Yes I'm sure Corey Gardner is absolutely giddy that his wife is being sent videos of beheadings and death threats, Steve Scalise is giddy that he was nearly murdered on a baseball field, and several others are giddy they're getting ricin in the mail.

Yes I'm sure Corey Gardner is absolutely giddy that his wife is being sent videos of beheadings and death threats, Steve Scalise is giddy that he was nearly murdered on a baseball field, and several others are giddy they're getting ricin in the mail.
Happens to both sides see Gabby Giffords. Only one side is openly advocating actual physical violence though.

It’s pretty rich to accuse the side trying to legislate gun control of seeking to insight an M16 attack on a Congressman.

Happens to both sides see Gabby Giffords. Only one side is openly advocating actual physical violence though.

It’s pretty rich to accuse the side trying to legislate gun control of seeking to insight an M16 attack on a Congressman.

You were dishonest here in both of your points. Gabby Giffords' attack had zero to do with political ideology (the New York Times even had to issue an embarrassing retraction on this). And I made no attempt to accuse anyone of seeking to insight an attack on anyone. I also made no attempt to insinuate that it only happens on one side, or more on one side than the other. You did, however.

You were dishonest here in both of your points. Gabby Giffords' attack had zero to do with political ideology (the New York Times even had to issue an embarrassing retraction on this). And I made no attempt to accuse anyone of seeking to insight an attack on anyone. I also made no attempt to insinuate that it only happens on one side, or more on one side than the other. You did, however.

Look at the history on the guy who shot Giffords. He wasn’t your run on the mill right winger, but he did drift that way quite often.

Look at the history on the guy who shot Giffords. He wasn’t your run on the mill right winger, but he did drift that way quite often.

He had a bunch of crazy views, some left wing some right wing, but mostly just insane and apolitical. He was known to hate all religion and Christians in particular, but I’m hesitant to even say there’s any consistency there. The guy was just a nut who became obsessed with Gabby Giffords, and none of the reasons were political. Just stop dude. Take the L

Even the documentary about the Gifford shooting, from a very left-wing source (either Vice or Vox), states that the shooter was apolitical and hated all politicians and news. He was convinced Gifford was fake and hated her in particular.

All evidence suggests the shooting was not politically motivated.

How is hating all politicians not political motivation?

It may not be partisan, but it would certainly be political. Still doesn’t excuse equating Maxine Waters to someone who was actually encouraging physical violence. She has repeatedly said she doesn’t support such violence.

Maxine waters and many of her friends just want to silence the opposition.

The kind of thing they do in third world ans communist countries.

How is hating all politicians not political motivation?

It may not be partisan, but it would certainly be political. Still doesn’t excuse equating Maxine Waters to someone who was actually encouraging physical violence. She has repeatedly said she doesn’t support such violence.

Waters knows her rhetoric is resulting in violence. Knowing that, you can't continue the same call to action then cling to the high ground saying you don't support the violence which your actions are causing.

Maxine waters and many of her friends just want to silence the opposition.

The kind of thing they do in third world ans communist countries.
No. They want to protest the injustice of the opposition. The kind of thing they do in democratic republics.

Waters knows her rhetoric is resulting in violence. Knowing that, you can't continue the same call to action then cling to the high ground saying you don't support the violence which your actions are causing.
What violence has resulted from the voice of Maxine Waters? If you're insinuating that her rhetoric of saying, "I don't support violence" is causing violence... then imagine what the rhetoric ACTUALLY PROMOTING physical violence is doing.

The two sides are not equal, nor are they nearly equal.

One side says, I'm going to shout until you listen... the other side says I'm going to literally beat you into submission. How are those things equal? Adults use words not fists.

Reactions: Watu3
Do you really believe that conservative groups (mobs) are involved in more violent actions in the last six months than liberal groups (mobs). Antifa alone is the largest and most violent group out there currently imo. I'm not saying this doesn't occur on both sides and I've condemned Trump for his words. I find it unsettling that you support Waters here considering the current political climate and the violence against candidates currently occurring.

Incidents in the last few weeks since you asked.

We are less than 20 days out from Election Day and the shocking reports of attacks against Republican candidates and volunteers keep getting worse.

In Minnesota, two Republican candidates for state office were punched.

Shane Mekeland is a first-time candidate who is unfortunately entering politics at a time when violence seems to be condoned or shrugged off by leading voices on the left.

Mekeland became a victim of this violent hysteria while at a restaurant speaking with local voters. He is now recovering from a concussion that resulted from a completely unprovoked sucker-punch to his head.

Minnesota state Rep. Sarah Anderson was punched by a man for having the courage to confront him as he committed the criminal act of destroying campaign yard signs. As she took action to defend her fellow Americans’ freedom of speech, she was violently assaulted in a gross intimidation attempt.

Late Wednesday, we learned of yet another alleged assault, this time against Nevada Republican gubernatorial candidate Adam Laxalt’s campaign manager, Kristin Davidson. Mike Stark, an employee of a liberal, George Soros-backed campaign group, has been accused of violently holding Davidson against her will while she was at work campaigning for Attorney General Adam Laxalt, who is the GOP candidate for governor.

Reactions: maverickfp
Do you really believe that conservative groups (mobs) are involved in more violent actions in the last six months than liberal groups (mobs). Antifa alone is the largest and most violent group out there currently imo. I'm not saying this doesn't occur on both sides and I've condemned Trump for his words. I find it unsettling that you support Waters here considering the current political climate and the violence against candidates currently occurring.

We are less than 20 days out from Election Day and the shocking reports of attacks against Republican candidates and volunteers keep getting worse.

Shane Mekeland is a first-time candidate who is unfortunately entering politics at a time when violence seems to be condoned or shrugged off by leading voices on the left.

Mekeland became a victim of this violent hysteria while at a restaurant speaking with local voters. He is now recovering from a concussion that resulted from a completely unprovoked sucker-punch to his head.

Minnesota state Rep. Sarah Anderson was punched by a man for having the courage to confront him as he committed the criminal act of destroying campaign yard signs. As she took action to defend her fellow Americans’ freedom of speech, she was violently assaulted in a gross intimidation attempt.

Late Wednesday, we learned of yet another alleged assault, this time against Nevada Republican gubernatorial candidate Adam Laxalt’s campaign manager, Kristin Davidson. Mike Stark, an employee of a liberal, George Soros-backed campaign group, has been accused of violently holding Davidson against her will while she was at work campaigning for Attorney General Adam Laxalt, who is the GOP candidate for governor.

Antifa is way overblown. And they are not the biggest violent group in America. Did you see what happened in Charlotte? That wasn't Antifa.

In response to the claims against dems... I don't condone any of the above actions and the above perpetrators should be prosecuted to the fullest effect of the law. That's what I think, and that's what Trump should be saying. Instead he's encouraging it.

That probably has to do with the bombs that were sent to the Clintons, the Obamas, Soros, Holder, CNN, etc.. today.

Antifa is way overblown. And they are not the biggest violent group in America. Did you see what happened in Charlotte? That wasn't Antifa.

In response to the claims against dems... I don't condone any of the above actions and the above perpetrators should be prosecuted to the fullest effect of the law. That's what I think, and that's what Trump should be saying. Instead he's encouraging it.

That probably has to do with the bombs that were sent to the Clintons, the Obamas, Soros, Holder, CNN, etc.. today.

Yes and who was it that encouraged ricin to be sent to the white house, the secretary of defense, and numerous other current government officials? Using these events to score political points is pretty messed up.

No one is encouraging people to send bombs or ricin. Things are heated and nutjobs will be nutjobs.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Yes and who was it that encouraged ricin to be sent to the white house, the secretary of defense, and numerous other current government officials? Using these events to score political points is pretty messed up.

No one is encouraging people to send bombs or ricin. Things are heated and nutjobs will be nutjobs.
NO ONE. No one (of consequence) on the Democratic side said, "harm the Republicans" or any idea related to that notion.

By comparison, there are quite a few Republicans of consequence (including the President of the United States) who have mentioned if not outright supported the physical harm of Democrats.

Actually, I take that back. Biden said he would beat up Trump... and later he said, "I shouldn't have said that." https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics/biden-trump-fight/index.html

NO ONE. No one (of consequence) on the Democratic side said, "harm the Republicans" or any idea related to that notion.
l

Again...when your a U.S. Senator and you tell people to confront those on the other side of the aisle and you know such confrontations are leading to violence. You can't escape responsibility for said violence by saying you didn't say....go assault them or go through rocks through windows, etc... You know the current political climate. Both sides need to stop inciting it.

Have the Dems officially denounced ANTIFA and asked they stop their current actions?

Does anybody know where Bill Ayers and Bernadette Dorn are?

This looks like the work of the Weather Underground.

Maxine waters, not exactly.

You kinda have a small obsession with Antifa. Careful, u might become Trumplike, with his small obsession over MS-13. The actions of Antifa are a drop in the bucket and don't really have a wide ranging effect on the masses. I think if everyone had that small obsession they might become something serious, due to the press and the recruitment that came with that press.

You kinda have a small obsession with Antifa. Careful, u might become Trumplike, with his small obsession over MS-13. The actions of Antifa are a drop in the bucket and don't really have a wide ranging effect on the masses. I think if everyone had that small obsession they might become something serious, due to the press and the recruitment that came with that press.

Have I mentioned them in other threads? They are currently by far the most visible fringe group imo. You have other candidates?

Have I mentioned them in other threads? They are currently by far the most visible fringe group imo. You have other candidates?
Anytime the subject or subject matter comes up, yeah you have mentioned them more than most any other poster on here. That was the point I was trying to make. And yes they are fringe. That usually means they are not as effective and/or they don't affect as many people as a non fringe group.

Anytime the subject or subject matter comes up, yeah you have mentioned them more than most any other poster on here. That was the point I was trying to make. And yes they are fringe. That usually means they are not as effective and/or they don't affect as many people as a non fringe group.

I will attempt to curtail my ANTIFA references. I do contend they are the most visible (certainly vocal) fringe group currently out there in the U.S. If you have other candidates please reference.

I will attempt to curtail my ANTIFA references. I do contend they are the most visible (certainly vocal) fringe group currently out there in the U.S. If you have other candidates please reference.
Was not saying they are not the most violent, they are. Was simply referencing the fact that you seem to give them more credence than a fringe group deserves. Don't think you mean to come across this way, but on first impression you give the contextual sentiment that you think they are a big problem in the US. It looks similar to Trumps push of MS-13 as the boogey man. It ain't a big deal, it's just my impression over the past year or two.

Reactions: lawpoke87

By comparison, there are quite a few Republicans of consequence (including the President of the United States) who have mentioned if not outright supported the physical harm of Democrats.

Actually, I take that back. Biden said he would beat up Trump... and later he said, "I shouldn't have said that." https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/28/politics/biden-trump-fight/index.html

Idk kinda seems like repeatedly saying someone is literally Hitler might make some people think it's a moral necessity to go to extreme lengths to get rid of the guy who is literally Hitler.

See how dumb this gets? The only people to blame are the people who did it.

It should also be noted that at this point there is not a single bit of evidence that links these acts to anyone's rhetoric. It seems to me like we should actually have evidence that a person was inspired by someone's words before we go blaming that person.

Last edited:
Occupy wall street.
groups that will not allow invited, non-left leaning speakers on campus

Does anybody know where Bill Ayers and Bernadette Dorn are?

This looks like the work of the Weather Underground.
A right wing weather underground this time though.

Whoever it is, they’re not doing it because of Laos this time.

Idk kinda seems like repeatedly saying someone is literally Hitler might make some people think it's a moral necessity to go to extreme lengths to get rid of the guy who is literally Hitler.

See how dumb this gets? The only people to blame are the people who did it.

It should also be noted that at this point there is not a single bit of evidence that links these acts to anyone's rhetoric. It seems to me like we should actually have evidence that a person was inspired by someone's words before we go blaming that person.
So I’m just supposed to be ok with a president who says it’s ok for someone to hit me because I disagree with them? Imagine Fox News the next day if Obama had done that.

As far as the hitler comparison goes, that’s why I don’t compare him to hitler. He’s somewhere between Mussolini and Chavez.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT