ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Mixon

She certainly got physical first inside but he certainly over reacted.
I haven't seen where he is suspended for the bowl game though.

I am no Mixon apologist and I think Stoops/Castiglione/Brown should all pay for this the way Briles/McCaw/Starr paid at Baylor.

Did anyone really expect to see anything new on that video we didn't already know? We knew from day 1 he punched her hard enough to break her face. Video isn't shocking. Exactly what I expected to see

Reactions: scotty0912
Not going to defend Mixon as I would have handled it differently but too many young women these days feel they can physically assault others with no repercussions.

No reason for a punch that would've knock out most men.
The guy she looked like she was yelling at stayed and was like WTF just happened and stayed around then appeared to be telling others that came in looking WTF what happened.

You, me, or any average Joe is in jail for that.

He was eventually charged. Amazingly, a lot of times that happens, they never find the guy. People knew who Mixon was. He was punished.

He was eventually charged. Amazingly, a lot of times that happens, they never find the guy. People knew who Mixon was. He was punished.
He was charged with a misdemeanor for some sort of negligence with some community service. And he got to stay on at OU.

Evidently Bobby Stoops is a bit irritated about people questioning whether or not he needs to stay the head football coach in Soonerville. Whoever is running his Twitter account has been blocking anyone who tweets at him and mentions Mixon at all. OU admin is in full fledged damage control right now.

If he is suspended for next season, can he still be on a football scholarship?
He's going to the NFL...only reason to explain why he asked his lawyer to release it. It's easy for him now because the NFL doesn't care as long a you can play football well (see Tyreke Hill). OU and Mixon wouldn't have fought so long to keep it out of public view to just give up now. Releasing it niw, knowing your declaring for the draft has no real consequences for him whatsoever. Stoops, Castiglione, and Boren however...

Odds on favorite to be OU's coach in 2017?

Stoops wins football games. You're mistaken if you believe any of this matters as long as he keeps posting "W"s.

It was going to be released by the city attorney's office on 12/26 either way.
The fact that the original was suppressed by the DAs office in Cleveland County for so long is shady and smacks of favors for the OU athletic dept. Judge in Cleveland Co. denies its part of the public record because no charges were ever filed...really? That judge needs to be removed and then disbarred. It took 2 years for it to be released because basically Mixon's attorney just kept filing motion after motion etc. that forced the ultimate hearing all the way until just recently. The DA, the district judge, and Mixon's attorney all knew how long they needed to keep up this charade until it didn't matter any longer. My guess is Mixon ends up a Seattle Seahawk...they're pretty complicit with enabling this type of behavior.

The NFL's added a face saving policy a few years ago about football players playing in the NFL who commit domestic violence or rape. I wonder if that changes their let it slide policy with incoming players. I doubt it does, but one can still hope.

The fact that the original was suppressed by the DAs office in Cleveland County for so long is shady and smacks of favors for the OU athletic dept. Judge in Cleveland Co. denies its part of the public record because no charges were ever filed...really? That judge needs to be removed and then disbarred. It took 2 years for it to be released because basically Mixon's attorney just kept filing motion after motion etc. that forced the ultimate hearing all the way until just recently. The DA, the district judge, and Mixon's attorney all knew how long they needed to keep up this charade until it didn't matter any longer. My guess is Mixon ends up a Seattle Seahawk...they're pretty complicit with enabling this type of behavior.

What's the standard for removing a judge and disbarment? You realize judges have this thing called discretion, right? It's what makes the system work. If they just applied things from a matrix, there wouldn't be a reason to have a court system.

I won't pretend that good ole boy things don't happen, especially over in that part of the world. But these things are often WAY more complicated than people who deal with courts will understand.

What's the standard for removing a judge and disbarment? You realize judges have this thing called discretion, right? It's what makes the system work. If they just applied things from a matrix, there wouldn't be a reason to have a court system.

I won't pretend that good ole boy things don't happen, especially over in that part of the world. But these things are often WAY more complicated than people who deal with courts will understand.
I don't advocate for removing judges for having a different interpretation of things than I do. I would only advocate it in this instance if he is connected to OU, say as a booster, and his clear conflict in interest in keeping said video out of the public view.

Reactions: scotty0912
I think you guys forget the how lenient our own law enforcement and judicial system has been to the Tulsa program over the years. Talking about what Mixon did and saying it was deplorable and he should be kicked out is part of your right to express your displeasure but I believe it is hypocritical bc some of our players have gotten away with way worse!

Reactions: RealTUTypical
I think you guys forget the how lenient our own law enforcement and judicial system has been to the Tulsa program over the years. Talking about what Mixon did and saying it was deplorable and he should be kicked out is part of your right to express your displeasure but I believe it is hypocritical bc some of our players have gotten away with way worse!

Are there any instances of bringing on guys that we knew broke a woman's face? It's definitely not hypocritical if we would have been in favor of the school getting rid of them when it happened. I'm fairly certain I'd be in favor of kicking people off the team that did worse than he did. I'm not saying there are no second chances, but come on. The guy in that video is a psychopath

Last edited:
Reactions: TUBballJunkie
I certainly wouldn't call the University's handling of Pat Swilling while under investigation lenient.

Reactions: TU_BLA
I'm guessing Shon isn't talking about Swilling. The incident when Blankenship was here with a QB who later left the program was the first thing that came to mind.

I'm guessing Shon isn't talking about Swilling. The incident when Blankenship was here with a QB who later left the program was the first thing that came to mind.

If we're talking about Burgess I'm pretty sure that guy didn't beat any women

I won't discuss the details on a public message board. We're not talking about the kid who trashed the room.

I don't recall any specific instances under Rader and I was suitemates with a few of those guys. Burns...there were some bad dudes at TU that were brought in by Burns and I know a specific instance where a DUI was covered up where a player damages several cars in a parking lot and then had TPD and Campo on a chase around campus...so DUI, hit and run, and eluding police. Burns somehow got TPD not to arrest him and released to campo. Kid had no insurance so the students who had cars damaged had to sue his parents who had good enough lawyers to say he took their car without permission. One student finally got a finding in her favor and had to go back to court to have his NFL paycheck garnished. In the meantime the player continued to threaten the student and several witnesses regarding the lawsuit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT