ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville St Game Thread

cmullinsTU

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 20, 2006
Still no word on if Henderson is available but he is suited up. He wasn't for the exhibition games.

Reactions: texcane1982
There were more people at the exhibition games than here, excluding student section. Decent turnout for the students for a no name in the middle of football season

Bad defense and box outs. Offense is playing fine. Etou is playing very well.

Etoh playing well. Need more defense.

#1 and #0 ... the binary brothers, are pretty good together.

Defense allowing open 3s and their big is scoring at will.

What's up with the Jacksonville coach? I've heard people called blue noses but this is the first time I've seen one.

Need defensive adjustments.

Who punched the Jacksonville State coach in the nose?

Decent rebounding, poor shooting, not great at the line and giving up tons from outside. Looks familiar. I'm impressed by the athleticism of our team though, not a plodder in the bunch. Hopefully we can make some adjustments at halftime.

Terrible 1st half. Other than Taplin, our guards look slow. Etou & Igbanu looked good. Birt & Taplin were OK. The others looked bad. We really miss Wheeler. Down 10 at the half to a 250-300 RPI level team is a shock.

I will remember how bad our old team looked vs SEOSU to remind me that one game/half doesn't mean too much.

Igbanu by far the best Freshman. TK looked like our post men last year with 2 unnecessary fouls early. JS is throwing them in with bank shots wild roll In's etc. Don't think that can continue. Birt no confidence. Henderson terrible first half. Etou leading scorer but missed a ton of free throws. We should still win with better defense.

Last edited:
Etou has definitely looked the part...he looks like he's a notch better the everyone else on the court.

Igbanu has a ton of energy.

Henderson resembles the description provided by WSU fans...erratic scorer who can't play D.

I'm sure the guards will improve as they mature in their career, but their lack of defensive quickness is a big problem.

I expect better recruiting from Haith. The team he's put together reminds me of the squad he left Mizzou with when he left for Tulsa. Miserable.

Reactions: eastcane
Harrison and Woodard are sorely missed. About 15 points a half.

Apparently the adjustments at halftime were "play even worse than you were in the 1st half."

Defense pathetic. Igbanu much better than TK at this point. Guard play is killing us. Birt no factor but I think we still make a run.

We're going to be lucky to win 10 games this season. Talk about Haith failing to capitalize on success that we were building.

Having to play too many freshmen, it is what it is. Players thinking too much, slow to defense. Tulsa really needs experience playing badly. This maybe a throw away year.

Reactions: eastcane
No defense. No pressure on defense. No box outs.

If the above isn't fixed quickly will struggle to win many games.

To be blunt - This is Deion James level bad. Terrible guards. Terrible.

Luckily, the big men can make threes.

They are unconscious tonight. Each of those last three shots were what you want the opponent to take and they all went in.

Throw away year for sure.... just try and win a few and try and stay competitive. Kids need to know that DEFENSE wins games at this level. I would also not play anyone who doesn't give 100% effort on D and recruit over them.

Is this worse than the Lamar home blowout? Other than the SEOSU issue, that's the worst home loss I can think of...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT