ADVERTISEMENT

Jacksonville St Game Thread

Feel sorry for Henderson. Defense must have left him in the layoff. Taplin is no Shaq on driving.

Henderson's teammates keep complaining to him on where he's supposed to be defensively.

It is surprising how much quicker the JSU guards are than the TU guards. Big difference. Hard to comprehend.

We have good offensive big men, except for Edogi. His minutes should significantly dwindle throughout the year.

Wheeler is our 2nd or 3rd best player. Him sitting out is noticeable in the guard play. Absolutely no depth there.

Yeah free throws are a significant problem in this game. Difference in the game, well that and the fact that they lit us up from everywhere.

This team looks like a team that hasn't played together very long at all. Which they are. The last team when they were freshmen looked about the same. You can only hope when they get some experience that they play better together. Or not.

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
Have to look hard to find positives tonight. Etou can play, he just needs more help. Igbanu played well for his first game. His potential is encouraging. Henderson hit some late 3s to offset a horrible 1st half. Artison hit a few shots, but had zero rebounds. Taplin had nice drives, but rarely finished. Several others had bad nights.

The big men produced offensively Etou, Edogi, Igbanu, and Artisen combined for almost 45 points. The guards not so much! We are short and their 7' gave us problems in the first half. Second half we attacked him and fouled him out.

Wright State was my memory of the last home opening loss that was so terribly deflating. My hope is that a young team will develop more chemistry and that this was an outlier for Birt (who looked like a D-II player after stunning SMU and nearly beating UConn single-handlely in Storrs). However, a bit of perspective, UConn in the top 25 lost at home to Wagner.
i do not have high expectations for this year, but I reserve judgment on this team until I see how we perform in the next few games. But I decided tonight not to purchase tickets to the Mabee Center. Sorry, ORU Athletic Department, your ridiculous attempt to entice TU fans to buy tickets by sponsoring a flyer in the season ticket package will fail.
And ORU will, I suspect, have about the same season that TU has, a losing season for both teams.
I cringe at playing OSU here (both OK and Ore) with lots of orange in both games.
The seat underneath Haith just got HOT.

No hot seat yet.

Is this going to be a crappy TU team or an inconsistent team that just needs to find its way?

Will we see unexpected wins along with these inexpicable losses? That my friends is the question of the night.

People please calm down!! This was the first game, it may take 5-8 games for this team to come together. Now if we are 0-8 or 1-7 after the first 8 games then it will be time to panic.

But I decided tonight not to purchase tickets to the Mabee Center. Sorry, ORU Athletic Department, your ridiculous attempt to entice TU fans to buy tickets by sponsoring a flyer in the season ticket package will fail.
And ORU will, I suspect, have about the same season that TU has, a losing season for both teams.

I bet a decent number of TU fans respond to the flyer for the Mayor's Cup in your season ticket package. Any time you can watch/cheer for your team on a road game, that is within driving distance, you should take advantage of it.

Come on over in 2 weeks and enjoy the good parking, rocking band, and who knows TU might even pull out a W. This series has proved in the past to be very unpredictable. You wouldn't want to miss out on your squad ending the 3 year streak to the hated Bible Boys.

No way, Jose. Enjoy the Mayor's Cup before actual attendance of 1,500

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT