ADVERTISEMENT

its sad how dead this board has become...

okie51

I.T.S. Junior
Dec 4, 2003
ranked, game day coming, locked a spot to "go to the ship" and its dead. really sucks have all the old rivals people left?

Reactions: hhjk25
ranked, game day coming, locked a spot to "go to the ship" and its dead. really sucks have all the old rivals people left?

There are several of us that have been here going on 20 years. It just becomes harder and harder to actively participate when so many are letting their hatred of the coach affect theirs and everybody else’s ability to enjoy the game.

We play to win and I couldn’t be happier for the guys.

For over 30 years, we’ve raised the hurricane warning flags over our house on game day. The flags stay up through the end of the day Sunday if we win. It’s been nice seeing those flags fly on Sundays lately.

yeah, im happy. i may not always agree with the coach but damn we are 6 and 0 everyone needs to get on board here and support the players. coach will be coach

Reactions: Glasscain
I've been around since the AZ board back when things were busy. I think basketball was always more lively than the football board, at least back when the team was winning consistently. But no matter what you have to have programs that play for championships consistently in a market like Tulsa.

Reactions: drboobay
Been here since AZ. I think we have more old timers than newbies. We've lost a bunch of folks. Seems like we had many, many more when Catbird was here. We've lost some pretty knowledgeable posters. I think it would put a lot of life into the board if we could get more students!!

:nukem: NUKE sinsinnatty

We lost a lot when Kragthorpe left and Louisville people made it unbearable. We had a lot of young alumni then too who grew up. Same to a lesser extent with Graham years.

Once upon a time, this was the only bar in town if you wanted a drink after a TU game. And, sure, there was an ORIGINAL TULSA FAN town drunk, but we all clowned on him and it was part of the charm. But slowly the bar got taken over by more town drunks who constantly yelled about the coach and the quarterback and Janet Levit. Win or lose. It really harshed the buzz. So when new bars opened that allowed you to block the noise and just post angry cat memes and Zaven Collins gifs like the good old days, many of the better posters bolted. And in the end, this is what we’re left with.

My generation ( mid 20s) really only wants to cheer for OU or OSU, none of them even know the history of Tulsa. I still remember in highschool when it was bedlam week and everyone was told to wear their favorite teams shirt that week. Needless to say, I wore my TU gear and had a 2 signs. One said “ Something is smelly in Stoolwater .”
And the other said “ Why does Bob Stoops eat cereal out of a plate? Because he will lose it in a bowl .”

Once upon a time, this was the only bar in town if you wanted a drink after a TU game. And, sure, there was an ORIGINAL TULSA FAN town drunk, but we all clowned on him and it was part of the charm. But slowly the bar got taken over by more town drunks who constantly yelled about the coach and the quarterback and Janet Levit. Win or lose. It really harshed the buzz. So when new bars opened that allowed you to block the noise and just post angry cat memes and Zaven Collins gifs like the good old days, many of the better posters bolted. And in the end, this is what we’re left with.
Ahh the cat memes were hilarious 😂 😂😂😂😂

I think an annoying few have run off a good amount of decent posters. If we continue to win, traffic will pick up... just like it did with kragthorpe and graham.

LOL - I believe he was banned about a year ago or so. He’s a good guy, just VERY passionate about TU athletics.

What do you have to do to get banned around here? It’s surprising that Pats was banned while the unholy trinity of negativity (they know who they are) keep firing away.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I've been around since the AZ board back when things were busy. I think basketball was always more lively than the football board, at least back when the team was winning consistently. But no matter what you have to have programs that play for championships consistently in a market like Tulsa.

Football was very lively on the AZ board. Things really dropped off when the Tulsa Sports Web took over. The guys that ran that had an open dislike for football and ran off several of the good posters, many of which moved over here to Rivals.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Football was very lively on the AZ board. Things really dropped off when the Tulsa Sports Web took over. The guys that ran that had an open dislike for football and ran off several of the good posters, many of which moved over here to Rivals.
I’m in that sub group. I lurked mostly, but anytime anybody really started talking football on a sustained basis, they were almost mocked.

So what does go on over there? Is it like flying first class. I’m not allowed to pay for internet.
It’s worth the money. More insight, less vitriol at the school and coach and less name calling from the posters. None really. It not like flying first class, but it’s like the conversation you’d get in a first class airport lounge at the bar.

Otis takes offense to being compared to Original Tulsa Fan

I still say Original Tulsa Fan is Ray Stanz reincarnated.
I’m positive each morning Original criticizes his bowel movement that “it”
isn’t perfect art
The overall strategy and formations of his bowel movements are clearly flawed and a mistake before he ever reached the toilet.

I saw on the TulsaWorld website this morning, the long time TU fan known as "Coach" passed away. I last saw him at the TU / UCF championship game in 2012 when Trey Watts picked up that punt and ran it back for a touchdown. On the run back, there was a blind side block where a UCF player got absolutely wrecked and Coach started hopping up and down as Trey ran it into the end zone. All these fans ran down and started high-fiving him and fist pumping. I'll miss seeing that guy around...

I still say Original Tulsa Fan is Ray Stanz reincarnated.
I’m positive each morning Original criticizes his bowel movement that “it”
isn’t perfect art
If you post about Ray Stanz three times in the same thread he will appear from the nether world, like Beetlejuice only for ignorant bastards...

I didn't say the footboard wasn't lively, just that the basketball board was more lively. We were still coming off the Nolan years, punting Barnett to the curb and getting into Tubby at that time. Burnes was there for football and Rader always seemed to win a game he shouldn't before the end of the year to keep extending him, so there was plenty to talk about for football as well.

I saw on the TulsaWorld website this morning, the long time TU fan known as "Coach" passed away. I last saw him at the TU / UCF championship game in 2012 when Trey Watts picked up that punt and ran it back for a touchdown. On the run back, there was a blind side block where a UCF player got absolutely wrecked and Coach started hopping up and down as Trey ran it into the end zone. All these fans ran down and started high-fiving him and fist pumping. I'll miss seeing that guy around...
Sad news about "coach". Need more like him at the games. Has anyone seen "Mad dog" lately?

Sad news about "coach". Need more like him at the games. Has anyone seen "Mad dog" lately?
I remember seeing him at Kilkenny's around the first of the year. I saw him a few month's back at a restaurant or bar, selling roses. Can't remember which restaurant/bar it was though.

Reactions: goldenhurricane2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT