ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting on coaches and timing

What if somebody got switched from assistant to DOBO to open a spot for somebody else? Would that keep the rabble raising crowd at bay?

What if somebody got switched from assistant to DOBO to open a spot for somebody else? Would that keep the rabble raising crowd at bay?

I'll still be sharpening the pitchforks but in wait and see mode until the somebody else is revealed. And after the way this thread has turned, that somebody else better be Nicolas!

I'll still be sharpening the pitchforks but in wait and see mode until the somebody else is revealed. And after the way this thread has turned, that somebody else better be Nicolas!
Well I'm assuming part one was the move/you're fired, and part two was the hiring.

If it happens I would expect it will take a week or so, seeing as how TU moves like molasses. Sorry GoldenCane, can't buy that we'll know it all tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
We're hiring Larry Brown?
Shoot. We've had plenty of people rag on Gragg and Co. for hiring Haith despite the compliance issues in the past. I don't think Gragg would ever be taken seriously again if he even brought Brown on campus just to have a conversation and catch up.

I hear Kevin Ollie needs a job. Bet he could be a dynamic recruiter for us...just as long as he doesn't have to teach any actual x's and o's

Well I'm assuming part one was the move/you're fired, and part two was the hiring.

If it happens I would expect it will take a week or so, seeing as how TU moves like molasses. Sorry GoldenCane, can't buy that we'll know it all tomorrow afternoon.

You could very well be right - it’s hard to tell when the official word will make it out.

Look, if there isn’t some news regarding our coaching staff that comes out soon, I will purchase a full case of natty light for the board.

And I would NEVER waste natty light.
Make it a nice Belgian white with some high end orange slices and I might go in on it

Reactions: TU72N76
You've piqued my interest, what makes an orange slice high-end?
A better orange, fresh. My in laws brought some back from Florida in January from a roadside grove stand...and these things were sweet and juicy and nothing like you get in a regular grocery store. 1/2 inch slice in the top of a pint glass sitting on top of the above mentioned Belgian white...<drool>

Look, if there isn’t some news regarding our coaching staff that comes out soon, I will purchase a full case of natty light for the board.

And I would NEVER waste natty light.

Does the coach in question have the initials DG?

A better orange, fresh. My in laws brought some back from Florida in January from a roadside grove stand...and these things were sweet and juicy and nothing like you get in a regular grocery store. 1/2 inch slice in the top of a pint glass sitting on top of the above mentioned Belgian white...<drool>
I thought it was because they sat on the high end of the glass instead of sinking to the bottom.

Any fruit that is picked and consumed when ripe as always better than one picked green and allowed to ripen during transport. Ripening on the plant allows the natural sugars to develop. When we went to Hawaii I thought my wife was going to swoon when she had freshly picked, ripe pineapple. Of course example number one is home grown tomatoes.

Any fruit that is picked and consumed when ripe as always better than one picked green and allowed to ripen during transport. Ripening on the plant allows the natural sugars to develop. When we went to Hawaii I thought my wife was going to swoon when she had freshly picked, ripe pineapple. Of course example number one is home grown tomatoes.
I can personally attest that the fresh picked Hawai'ian pineapple that is properly ripe when picked is one of the glorious food experiences I have had. We also learned that pineapples do not ripen further after they are picked (they do begin to break down but not ripen). We are actually trying to grow our own pineapple plant right now from one of the Hawai'ian ones we brought back with us. Amazingly takes 23 months before producing it's first fruit, then another 18 months before producing another set and then the plant is done producing.

Home grown tomatoes are also a great thing. We've grown cherry tomatoes the last couple of years and if I don't get them picked on time my 6 year old will eat them off the plant directly.

giphy.gif

Someday we'all actually retain a coach for more than a year. KInd of hard to develop relationships with recruits when we can't keep three staff members consistently.

Many English and history programs lose money too. Should we shut them down? The Collegian article has been written a million times. If that kind of shallow, rewarmed thinking is what the journalism department is producing, perhaps we should consider shutting it down.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news...ciences-struggle-deficits-enrollment-declines

It’s not a secret that Danny Henderson has been telling people for a few weeks that he was ‘not retained’ by Hiath........as to who the new ast coach is, no clue.

Technically he “resigned” :) but yes, that’s part of what I was referring to.

Reactions: Gold*
Aston is just acting like we can’t retain coaches because he’s a turd. He enjoys negativity and talking about things blindly.

Does Haith just feel he can teach the defense now...or one of the other coaches? Or is there a proven assistant coming available that Haith knows will helps us pick up some recruits?

Well, that was annoying.

"Something big is going to happen..."
nothing.
nothing.
nothing.
nothing.
Something unexciting happens.
"Told ya!"

I can't get the 2 minutes of my life it took to read this thread back. And I'm blaming the OP for all the Nicolus Cage memes. :)

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Well, that was annoying.

"Something big is going to happen..."
nothing.
nothing.
nothing.
nothing.
Something unexciting happens.
"Told ya!"

I can't get the 2 minutes of my life it took to read this thread back. And I'm blaming the OP for all the Nicolus Cage memes. :)

LOL you guys are a tough crowd. I’ll keep things to myself from now on. Or maybe you could get the inside scoop from the collegian.

Reactions: Gold*
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT