ADVERTISEMENT

New coaching staff thread

Head Coach: Kevin Wilson

Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks: Steve Spurrier Jr.
Running Backs: Adrian Mayes
Wide Receivers: Ryan Switzer
Tight Ends: Greg Frey
Offensive Line: Ryan Stanchek

Defensive Coordinator/Safeties:
Defensive Line/Asst. HC: Ron Burton
Linebackers: Koy McFarland
Cornerbacks: Michael Hunter Jr.

Special Teams: Joe Bolden

Last edited:
Wonder who will do ST?
I have a sneaking suspicion they will offer it to Williams along with helping out the new DL position coach, otherwise known as low man on the totem pole. That's some kind of reward for sticking around. I'm being at least slightly facetious here. If so, I guess they are making him earn his respect on the staff.

Last edited:
Shows that he brings value, and that’s what any HC is looking for in his assistants.

Sources tell FootballScoop that Tulsa is finalizing a deal to add Ricky Brown to the Golden Hurricane staff as special teams coordinator.

A longtime NFL veteran, who logged time with the New England Patriots and Oakland Raiders after his collegiate career at Boston College, Brown also has been on staff at Ohio State, Boston College and the University of Southern California.

Brown spent the past season on staff at Cincinnati, helping the Bearcats to another postseason appearance in the Fenway Bowl. Bearcats head coach Luke Fickell departed after the season for the head coaching post at Wisconsin.

Wilson has nearly fully assembled his Golden Hurricane staff, filling his other coordinator spots with richly experienced coaching veterans. Steve Spurrier Jr. is Wilson’s new offensive coordinator after being with the late Mike Leach at Mississippi State while Matt Guerrieri is Wilson’s new defensive coordinator. Guerrieri had a long, distinguished run at Duke University under David Cutcliffe and Jim Knowles before spending last season on Ryan Day’s Ohio State.

Reactions: quincy101
missed this one earlier

Tulsa: Miami (OH) defensive line coach Ron Burton, who previously spent nearly a decade on staff at Michigan State, is expected to join the staff as defensive line coach / assistant head coach. Burton is the only defensive line coach to win the FootballScoop Defensive Line Coach of the Year award twice (2013 and 2018). Burton and Tulsa head coach Kevin Wilson played together at North Carolina.

And a huge "well done" to our beloved AD, Mr. Rick Dickson, who got this ball rolling. He's got to have extreme satisfaction over this brilliant hire. Now, let's sign some stud Johnnies & Jacks next month to get coached up by these guys.
What, no Jimmy's and Joe's?

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA and TU1NNJ
I like this staff. Experienced, lot of credibility with current players and recruits. Like what I am seeing with all the offers to some of the local recruits who I anticipate will be 3 and 4* kids once they get around to being rated.
I agree. Offering these local kids and hopefully getting into Texas and getting those 3* kids often overlooked. In the AAC the 3* with a couple 4* kids mixed in should be all we need to be at the top of this conference for years to come. UTSA, UAB, and NT are all programs pumping money into football so I think Wilson is the perfect start to ensuring we rule the conference.

Just an update on one of our former coaches/analysts/football people, Craig Suits is going to Texas State as a defensive analyst.
Will be interesting to compare records over the next two or three years.

And a huge "well done" to our beloved AD, Mr. Rick Dickson, who got this ball rolling. He's got to have extreme satisfaction over this brilliant hire. Now, let's sign some stud Johnnies & Jacks next month to get coached up by these guys.
Hold up, we're calling this a brilliant hire before we've played a single football game? I'd pump the brakes on this one for now.

Reactions: loca2874
Interesting. Line was definitely not good last year. Losing two NFL linemen does that I guess.
Dino Babers is a Briles tree coach. Syracuse runs a similar offense to what we ran under Monty so it's not a stretch if Syracuse had an opening for OL coach that Babers would look to someone is familiar with the offense and blocking schemes.

Reactions: TU 1978
Dino Babers is a Briles tree coach. Syracuse runs a similar offense to what we ran under Monty so it's not a stretch if Syracuse had an opening for OL coach that Babers would look to someone is familiar with the offense and blocking schemes.
And it’s a good thing we’re moving away from a Monty Moribund Offense™️ to a better scheme.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT