ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Maria to threaten Puerto Rico Tournament ?

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
PR survived Irma but this one looks troublesome. There may be a US back-up location if worst case scenario occurs.

PR survived Irma but this one looks troublesome. There may be a US back-up
location if worst case scenario occurs.
Yes, the clean up, if they are hit directly, may well be lingering way past tourney
time....They are already in dire straits financially.....

PR may not be a fun place to go this year....

It usually isn't. 3.5 million people in an area the size of Northeastern Oklahoma, if that. They have serious issues. Unless you are getting on a boat there, I don't know why you'd go.

At one point I think Atlanta was a back up.. Not sure but we are going to need one it seems.

It usually isn't. 3.5 million people in an area the size of Northeastern Oklahoma, if that. They have serious issues. Unless you are getting on a boat there, I don't know why you'd go.

Golf courses and rum... why else does (did) anyone go to the Caribbean?

Any news on where and whether the tournament will be played? It's not that far away.

last year the tournament was moved to Orlando due to the Zika virus scare

Myrtle Beach or Orlando are possibilities but it will be held somewhere.

My son was just asking me about this. They need to decide on a location soon as it's Alessandro than two months away and people will need to make travel plans.

Myrtle Beach or Orlando are possibilities but it will be held somewhere.
Kelly Hines just reported it will be played in Myrtle Beach. Anyone want to go? We’ll throw in some rounds of golf for some TU fan foursomes

Yeah, Idaho, Iowa, Oklahoma, the Carolinas, Texas and Michigan should have been off the plate as far as relocation went.

Yeah, Idaho, Iowa, Oklahoma, the Carolinas, Texas and Michigan should have been off the plate as far as relocation went.

I mean, they could have just moved it to Florida. It's not like half of these tournaments are played in nice gyms anyway.

I think TU could only face SC in the finals. My beef is that Orlando is a cheap easy flight. Myrtle Beach I assume is not.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
You can get a good price if you (a) don't mind flying American and (b) if you bundle flight and hotel on a site like Expedia. My son and I are going through permutations now trying to make decisions. He lives in VA so he's going but my wife isn't sure if she wants to go yet. If my wife and I both go we found flight (from Reno which is uber expensive to go anywhere from) and 5 nights hotel for under $1200. It's probably cheaper from Tulsa. If I end up going by myself I'll probably fly Southwest to D.C. and ride down with my son.

Yeah, I looked at it yesterday, and it was $950-$975 for the same out of tulsa staying at some fairly decent hotels.

You can get a good price if you (a) don't mind flying American and (b) if you bundle flight and hotel on a site like Expedia. My son and I are going through permutations now trying to make decisions. He lives in VA so he's going but my wife isn't sure if she wants to go yet. If my wife and I both go we found flight (from Reno which is uber expensive to go anywhere from) and 5 nights hotel for under $1200. It's probably cheaper from Tulsa. If I end up going by myself I'll probably fly Southwest to D.C. and ride down with my son.
I just got off a flight from American, and they had a new plane that was the most impressive plane I have ever flown in. I'm talking coach gets their own TV and movies for free

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT