ADVERTISEMENT

How can home attendance be increased?

#2 happens once every season. Our band has hosted high school bands at the games once a season for about the last 5 years now. They play with our band in the stands and then they also incorporate them into part of the halftime show.

This will happen during the Wyoming game this season.

Watching Wake Forest at Rice on Friday night. Holy guacamole I thought our attendance issues were difficult. Don’t care what the announced attendance will be, there cannot be more than a couple of thousand actual Rice fan in attendance for a “name” opponent.

I think the starting point would be marketing with TCC students, NSU Students, NEO, Langston, Bacone etc. Making it an cool/fun experience for them and getting student age attendance numbers up first then working on the older fans. Having such a small student body, and alum is always going to be an uphill battle for attendance battling OU, and OSU for butts in the seats.

Something is not working in the marketing department though. My wife is a TU, and OU alum. TU only hit us up for donations. We never hear a word about tickets for any sporting event.

We always hear from OSU (where I went), and OU about tickets, and specials etc.

Reactions: t-townpod
Have the BA band perform their full show... see what a national championship HS band looks like !!

at 15 minutes before kickoff... any open parking space in any lot $15

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT