ADVERTISEMENT

Houston Chronicle reports UH halts practice

Harris County is experiencing a renewed surge in COVID cases....much like Tulsa is. Harris County has 9x the population of Tulsa County (roughly 4.5M vs 646k). Everywhere has essentially reopened too soon and/or people are too ignorant to understand there are simple things, like wearing a mask, that will help mitigate spread and see us to the other side sooner rather than later. Combine the ignorance of people who'd rather listen to fly by night "doctors" who are simply looking for YouTube views than real doctors like Fauci.

The only good news about the current spread is 90% of it seems to be linked to large indoor gatherings (at least in Tulsa Co.). So maybe church in person might not be the best thing if your church offers an online service. And if your church doesn't, there are plenty who do who would love to have you join them for such (anyone looking for one can DM me and I can give you the hook up). But maybe Joel Osteen and his mega church in Houston might want to stick to the online/TV option right now. Shop at places like Costco (still requiring a mask) and Sprouts (most people wearing masks, limited # of shoppers at a time to ensure safe distancing).

And you can think it's all overkill. But I am now in the process of praying for/consoling someone over what will seemingly be the death of her brother from COVID. It's not a hoax, it's not going away anytime soon unless we can be diligent about the safety guidelines.

I must admit, I had started to relax a little on this. I’m now back to wearing a mask and washing my hands constantly. We’ve al had too much tragedy lately. I just don’t think the majority of “don’t tread on me” Okies will ever listen. Sometimes that’s admirable, but it’s going to get some people needlessly killed.

I also went to church last weekend and it felt really good. But we make people sit more than six feet apart and I had no interaction with anyone, other than taking communion (which was administered safely) and talking to my pastor in person for the first time in several months (six feet apart).

I must admit, I had started to relax a little on this. I’m now back to wearing a mask and washing my hands constantly. We’ve al had too much tragedy lately. I just don’t think the majority of “don’t tread on me” Okies will ever listen. Sometimes that’s admirable, but it’s going to get some people needlessly killed.

I also went to church last weekend and it felt really good. But we make people sit more than six feet apart and I had no interaction with anyone, other than taking communion (which was administered safely) and talking to my pastor in person for the first time in several months (six feet apart).
Our church is set to open in July for real in person services. The admin council and pastor have been about 4 weeks behind in moving to the next phase than the city and state guidelines out of precaution...and I applaud them for that. My wife is on the trustees council at church. I, for one, am hoping we delay it further. As with most churches we do have a significant population of at risk individuals in the 50-64 and 65+ age groups. I know they are asking for ushers who will actually seat people when they do reopen to ensure distancing. They are asking for volunteer disinfecting crews who will basically sanitize the sanctuary between services. And masks will be required.

I haven't stopped wearing a mask when I go to an indoor location. We have yet to resume our normal Friday night family meal at a restaurant (we do order takeout though). And we've tried to make sure to distance at outdoor locations (i.e. my son's soccer practices). But the latest reports indicate the recent surge is being traced to indoor locations and gatherings. Don't go to Incredible Pizza folks...

Really, people just need to be smart and considerate of others. We don't need the "It infringes on my personal rights" crowd right now.

We plan on attending church in person this Sunday for the first time since March. Online is good, but in person is so much better. I think social distancing & mask wearing reduce the risk to an acceptable level.

Reactions: Gold*
We plan on attending church in person this Sunday for the first time since March. Online is good, but in person is so much better. I think social distancing & mask wearing reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
I would say we were almost to the point of being ready to go back to almost normal in situations like church or maybe even a restaurant...but with the recent surge, almost all due to indoor gatherings which I would assume would be church services, bars, restaurants combined with the fact that we have a lot of Okies convinced that masks infringe upon one's personal rights, I'm thinking we might be a ways off again. Remember, it's nearly July, and the rally tomorrow night is likely going to end up with 1000 new cases related to it at a minimum. We know the majority of people going won't wear a mask when they go in public indoor spaces and we know they won't self quarantine...and it's because they take after their leader and only think of themselves.

Stay safe.

The facts are that Fauci has been wrong WAY more than he has been right. If that qualifies as a good doctor then you can rely on his misinformation all you want but I choose to not believe one word that comes out of his mouth.

The facts are that Fauci has been wrong WAY more than he has been right. If that qualifies as a good doctor then you can rely on his misinformation all you want but I choose to not believe one word that comes out of his mouth.
Funny...the CDC and NIH initially suspected 100k-200k deaths in the US prior to the US doing anything if the US didn't do anything. We're there already mostly because the federal gov't waited 2 months to do anything and most of the governors slow played it. And then Governor #Stittiot who literally did nothing except to defer to the mayors. Bynum and Holt did fine at first and then they both threw in the white towel when Stitt decided he couldn't stand his wife and kids anymore. Tulsa is on the verge of a major catastrophe. Fauci is the only one we really should be listening to. The actual expert on this stuff. He may be slow playing things or doing things a little more cautiously than you would like, but that doesn't mean he has been wrong. And the rest of the world is ridiculing us because we've been listening to Trump and his conspiracy theories instead of the actual medical expert.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT