ADVERTISEMENT

Home Cooking???

Bill Lowery

ITS Recruiting Analyst
Staff
Sep 29, 2001
KU beats KSU at Allen last night on this no call at the buzzer. I think they call that move a Euro/Asian/American step(s).

I could tell it was a walk immediately. Budda, budda, budda got a good no call on that play.

GO TU!!!!

Actually in real speed it is not as apparent. It looked funny but it doesn't always get called. I actually thought KSU got a lot of breaks as well at certain points.

In my opinion, violations like that should be reviewable in the last 30 seconds of the game.

The problem is those reviews create additional extra timeouts that shouldn't happen. Those "free timeouts" are my current pet peeve. Allowing teams to have set plays really does more to undermine the quality of the game than reviewing calls like that.

The answer for officials blowing calls like these is docking their pay or not bringing them back the next game. Until there is accountability, this stuff will keep happening. And I say that as someone who still wants reparations from when Memphis traveled against us.

Last edited:
In my opinion, violations like that should be reviewable in the last 30 seconds of the game.
Games would last forever...the reason I hate watching NBA games is because the last 2-3 minutes of game time takes 20-30 minutes actual time to get through. I think basketball has it right on what they can review. Reviewing traveling would be like reviewing offsides/false starts in the NFL. Refs are not going to get every call in basketball, I just ask them to be as consistent a possible and apply the same standards to both teams when making calls and keep it that way the entire game.

Pfft he's got a lot of work to do on his traveling before he is ready for the NBA, I present Dwayne Wade the travel maestro!

Reactions: WATU2
Kobe Bryant was worse than Wade by a ton. MJ was the player who essentially eliminated the travel call from the NBA

Actually in real speed it is not as apparent. It looked funny but it doesn't always get called. I actually thought KSU got a lot of breaks as well at certain points.

The number of steps maybe wasn't as obvious real time, but the fact that he picked up his dribble a step outside the arc kind of raised a red flag.

I agree. He's no MJ.
He took a 3rd step just inside the arc. Sometimes, as a ref, it's easy to lose the first step after the dribble is picked up. They gave him credit for still having the ball in motion on the 1st step (it wasn't when you slow it down) and then he took 2 more going to the basket. Was it a travel? Yes. Do refs always call obvious travels? No. I don't think it was home cooking as much as a missed call. I'm hoping the Big XII doesn't come out and apologize to KState for the missed call. KD was right that the NBA (or whoever) doesn't need to come in and throw refs under a bus for a missed call. That undermines the refs and sets up the bratty player complex.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT