ADVERTISEMENT

Florida University Central game thread

Im just ready to start seeing everyone make fun of UCF lol especially on the AAC Facebook page

Still want Monty gone. Got lucky with moronic UCF 12 men. 3 straight runs to get 1 yard and couldn't do it.

Happy for the players though. They are still fighting on the field so congrats to them. Happy they get to go to sleep tonight finally a winner.

Still want Monty gone. Got lucky with moronic UCF 12 men. 3 straight runs to get 1 yard and couldn't do it.

Happy for the players though. They are still fighting on the field so congrats to them. Happy they get to go to sleep tonight finally a winner.

Looked like TK got it on 3rd down before he spun off to the right. Might even have had it within inches on the 2nd down run. Refs wanted the ball in UCF's hands on the last drive

Was frustrated that TK was not used on that first and goal from the 3 yard line when we kicked the FG. Kept Brooks in there, and have the play with he and Stokes in the backfield.

Reactions: maverickfp
Was frustrated that TK was not used on that first and goal from the 3 yard line when we kicked the FG. Kept Brooks in there, and have the play with he and Stokes in the backfield.
Honestly, that would've been a beautiful set up for a throwback screen. Stokes goes off into the flat to the right. Brooks fakes to the left behind the LOS, boomer fades to the right. Whole defense following boomer/stokes. Boomer tosses it back to his left with linemen with Brooks, likely easy touchdown.

That would require monty to think though.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Great win! So glad for the players, they never gave up!

Even though I hope for a coaching change, I am still very happy for Monty. It’s been a very tough season.

Looked like TK got it on 3rd down before he spun off to the right. Might even have had it within inches on the 2nd down run. Refs wanted the ball in UCF's hands on the last drive
We got a terrible 2nd down spot too.

Listen, I am not happy with Montgomery. But dammit I always want to win. I want our players who work their asses off to feel some positive vibes. So I am good with 5 - 7 even if it means Montgomery seals the deal for a lame duck year.

No extension though. That would be folly.

Boomer should have kept the ball on the 3rd down play. He could have walked the ball for 20 yds before UCF realized he kept the ball. UCF loaded 8 into the box and cheated the DBs inside too. There was no secret in what they knew was coming.

Could Monty challenge the spot on either second or third down on the last series? We had plenty of time outs to burn I think.

Go TU!!!!

Reactions: Tulsafanzz

We thought we made the first down on both plays, too. We were sitting on the east side & the ref (“H”) by the UCF bench gave us horrible spots on both runs. I’m so glad his incompetence (or intentional incompetence) didn’t cost us the game. I’d love to see replays of both runs.

We thought we made the first down on both plays, too. We were sitting on the east side & the ref (“H”) by the UCF bench gave us horrible spots on both runs. I’m so glad his incompetence (or intentional incompetence) didn’t cost us the game. I’d love to see replays of both runs.
We didn't make it on either play. But both plays were spotted about a 1/2 back from where they should have been. The first one got to bout a 1/2 yd short, the second one we got to about a foot short.

Last edited:
The meltdown on UCF's twitter is good internets. And strangely familiar...
I'm about to go check out the conference board. You know, the one I still can't post on, and have received like zero response from GTR or whatever his name is.

I'll only give it a half a tear since I didn't post on it that much. :cry:

Reactions: HuffyCane
I'm about to go check out the conference board. You know, the one I still can't post on, and have received like zero response from GTR or whatever his name is.

I'll only give it a half a tear since I didn't post on it that much. :cry:
Probably some butthurt mod. Who knows. There hasn't been much crying on the conference board. Mainly Memphis fans taking jabs at UCF. Because, you know, they're so much better than Tulsa??

Probably some butthurt mod. Who knows. There hasn't been much crying on the conference board. Mainly Memphis fans taking jabs at UCF. Because, you know, they're so much better than Tulsa??
I guess you didn't see my little discussion about it with TU4Ever a couple of months ago. I lost my password, and couldn't seem to recover it. I tried to get through to GTR,(or whatever) 3 or 4 times and got no response back. I even gave him multiple emails, thinking it might have got lost in my junk box and I didn't see it or something. I even tried to do a new id, with a new email and password, but it never got approved. TU4Ever said he would try to talk to a mod or email GTR. I never heard if he tried and failed or forgot about it. I was never banned, I didn't even post enough to get banned. I think I posted maybe 25 or 30 posts.

I told this board. Boomer has got it. He's a leader and he flat out competes.
I'll wait till next week to see how he performs against Houston, if Zach remains injured.

Them having time to prepare for him, and him not entering the game with a mega adrenalin rush will be the true test as to whether he has improved or not. If you remember, he didn't do that much the couple of times we have had to rely on him for a short stint earlier in the season.

I guess you didn't see my little discussion about it with TU4Ever a couple of months ago. I lost my password, and couldn't seem to recover it. I tried to get through to GTR,(or whatever) 3 or 4 times and got no response back. I even gave him multiple emails, thinking it might have got lost in my junk box and I didn't see it or something. I even tried to do a new id, with a new email and password, but it never got approved. TU4Ever said he would try to talk to a mod or email GTR. I never heard if he tried and failed or forgot about it. I was never banned, I didn't even post enough to get banned. I think I posted maybe 25 or 30 posts.
Oh ok. I didn't know about that. That definitely makes more sense than you getting banned. Still stinks though.

I didn't forget and thought I posted here. I talked to Pony, he said it's has to be a supermod to work with your old name. The two I know of are on the realignment board and pains. I would just resubmit a new one again. They probably just missed it when you tried last time.

Yep!
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the students celebrate that win!

Lol one of the best picker lines ever was about how OU and OSU had just pulled their posts down. He thought the only people who would show and care for Tulsa were students (he was pretty spot on) and we didn't have enough enrolled to get it down.

Then he admitted he had underestimated us and the engineering school education our fine university produces.

I was there, I helped bring it down. F the minors.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I'll wait till next week to see how he performs against Houston, if Zach remains injured.

Them having time to prepare for him, and him not entering the game with a mega adrenalin rush will be the true test as to whether he has improved or not. If you remember, he didn't do that much the couple of times we have had to rely on him for a short stint earlier in the season.

Oh I agree but he looked much smoother out there than any time this season or last. The kid has the will to win. I'm not knocking Zach (he has his own short comings) because Zach has guts and an arm, he clearly wants to win and I feel the coach limits him more often than not.

Boomer is going to be special for us, right now he's a poor man's Paul Smith, but if he continues to progress.....

I didn't forget and thought I posted here. I talked to Pony, he said it's has to be a supermod to work with your old name. The two I know of are on the realignment board and pains. I would just resubmit a new one again. They probably just missed it when you tried last time.
If you did post here I missed it. I don't remember talk of a supermod, and I would have remembered that. Thanks for checking on it. I didn't understand one sentence in your response. "The two I know of are on the realignment board and pains." ???

Eventually I'll take your advice and resubmit a third Id, and see what happens.

If you did post here I missed it. I don't remember talk of a supermod, and I would have remembered that. Thanks for checking on it. I didn't understand one sentence in your response. "The two I know of are on the realignment board and pains." ???

Eventually I'll take your advice and resubmit a third Id, and see what happens.

Supermods....some of the mods cover particular boards (like our conference one). Super ones can regulate on any board. It's like district managers and local managers. The two I know are super ones are on the realignment board and to be honest take it all too serious, they also in general dislike the AAC posters because "we cause problems" on their realignment utopia. So I don't think me asking them would be helpful. I am foreverandever there because of my last interaction with one of them became a fiasco.

I remember that one, the students tore down the south end zone goalposts!
I was there and it was the North end zone goalposts they tore down and carried out the east side of south end-zone and all the way over to the old “U”. The students celebrated like we had won the national championship! It was great, but the 1991 “miracles on 11th street” season was greater!

I was there and it was the North end zone goalposts they tore down and carried out the east side of south end-zone and all the way over to the old “U”. The students celebrated like we had won the national championship! It was great, but the 1991 “miracles on 11th street” season was greater!

I was a freshman that year. Epic. When the goal posts fell I can’t believe they didn’t hurt anybody. They snapped so hard when they fell. They chased us away from the south end zone but we just said screw it and ran to the north. Great memories

Reactions: TU4ever2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT