ADVERTISEMENT

Elite 8

This FAU vs KState is a heck of a game. You can see why FAU won 30 games.

As I’ve watched these games over the last couple of weeks I’ve come to the conclusion that they should add missed free throws in certain situations to the turnover stat. If you come away from a free throw opportunity, other than an and 1, with no points it should be considered a turnover. Whether it’s missing the front end of a one-and-one or missing both on a shooting foul it’s the same result as if you had turned the ball over.

This FAU vs KState is a heck of a game. You can see why FAU won 30 games.

As I’ve watched these games over the last couple of weeks I’ve come to the conclusion that they should add missed free throws in certain situations to the turnover stat. If you come away from a free throw opportunity, other than an and 1, with no points it should be considered a turnover. Whether it’s missing the front end of a one-and-one or missing both on a shooting foul it’s the same result as if you had turned the ball over.
If FAU can keep these players next year they will be favored over Memphis in the AAC.

If FAU can keep these players next year they will be favored over Memphis in the AAC.
The coach is gonna be the problem. He's probably gone after the tourney. If they can keep the coach, he's got a shot at keeping the players.

Reactions: TU Sepp
I wish they would have called the North Carolina Elite 8 match up with us as evenly as they are the FAU game. The popularity of the NCAA tournament is made of Cinderella's. They should have realized that.
Watch it change in 2nd half

Coach will get hired away. Players will likely follow. FAU has traditionally been a below average basketball school. Hard to imagine they don’t return to their historic level.

Great story this year though.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and I.I.
No well yelling at free throw shooter on release. Cheap…..

Who else had FAU in the Final 4?

I did.

That's about it. Other than that one, my bracket was toast. BUT... my 20 year old son has UCONN beating FAU in the Final.

FAU was as strong as a team I watched all year. Very similar to the TU 2000 team imo --- but stronger physically.

Reactions: TULSARISING
And there’s another team that nobody’s heard of that’s now done something that we couldn’t do after a hundred years of trying.

UConn probably will win the natty
Yeah. My brother and son said that they were the best team in the country for the tourney. Ton of great guard play and solid underneath as wheel. Tough team. I like FAU vs UCONN. Can't see Miami beating 'em.

I want TX and Creighton to go away.

Reactions: TU Sepp
I hope SDSU beats Creighton. Nothing against CU but don’t want to listen to the BE media hypers talk about having 2 in the Final Four.

I forgot that Creighton wasn’t still in the MVC. 🤣

UConn press and support people/hangers on were the biggest jerks of any team I've ever been with at a press table or press box. Bar none.

I will root for anyone to beat UConn.
Hurley and Chris Beard have not gotten any personality awards that I am aware of.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Terrible ending in the Creighton-SDSU game. SDSU is one of the most physical teams in the tournament, they have strong players who lean on you all game. Ironically a Creighton player leaned on the SDSU shooter with one second left to decide the game. Creighton fans will know that refs name forever.

Overall, I hate the way these games have been handled by refs. They let some blatant fouls go & call ticky-tac fouls at other times. If we were playing in the tournament, we’d be finding many calls to complain about. You just have to hope the bad calls even out, because there are a lot of really bad calls in this tournament.

I would normally root for Mountain West vs Big East, but today I rooted for Creighton. I just haven’t been enjoying watching football-basketball being played. That’s SDSU & a lot of teams today. I still like skillful offensive basketball.

Unfortunately, that’s not what today’s officiating favors. So, I. I. posts of how to build a winning team today is correct. I’m just going to have to adjust my opinion of what skillful basketball looks like if I’m going to enjoy watching today’s NCAA tournament basketball.

They let some blatant fouls go & call ticky-tac fouls at other times
Definitely. One call that makes me craziest is when a guy shoots a three, the ball has left his hands, and the defender brushes his pinkie finger and that gets three free throws. Happened in the sdsu game.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Terrible ending in the Creighton-SDSU game. SDSU is one of the most physical teams in the tournament, they have strong players who lean on you all game. Ironically a Creighton player leaned on the SDSU shooter with one second left to decide the game. Creighton fans will know that refs name forever.

Overall, I hate the way these games have been handled by refs. They let some blatant fouls go & call ticky-tac fouls at other times. If we were playing in the tournament, we’d be finding many calls to complain about. You just have to hope the bad calls even out, because there are a lot of really bad calls in this tournament.
The slo mo showed the Creighton player grab his jersey. That is always called a foul but I am surprised they called it at the buzzer. The rule book says the officials are to swallow their whistles under 10 seconds left. Lol.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT