ADVERTISEMENT

East West Shrine Bowl Names Smith to Squad

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
The East West Shrine Bowl recognizes Zach as one of 8 QB invitees though the game will not be played.

No, the game is for seniors only. A lot of the top QBs arent seniors, such as Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, etc. Its basically for players who have more to prove and possibly improve their draft stock
Exactly. It’s one of several games for final year players who are marginal pro prospects to play against all star defenses.

Are we sure this isn’t a bowl game for burn victims? That would make more sense.

:captain:

In all reality this board matters about as much as a skid mark in a pair of underwear. The young man played his ass off for a school that less to be desired. More hits to QB last year and more dropped balls than any other team and we were still a couple of field goals away from major upsets and bowling. This year was a weird year and still played in a championship game. Oh my word, is life up there so bad that you bunch of asshats can’t be happy for a guy getting a tad bit of recognition for his efforts or does it just not fit the narrative your pushing! With that said good luck to the team Thursday. Superhelmet OUT
So Zach is a top 8 quarterback out of 130 teams that’s not what this board says lol

In all reality this board matters about as much as a skid mark in a pair of underwear. The young man played his ass off for a school that less to be desired. More hits to QB last year and more dropped balls than any other team and we were still a couple of field goals away from major upsets and bowling. This year was a weird year and still played in a championship game. Oh my word, is life up there so bad that you bunch of asshats can’t be happy for a guy getting a tad bit of recognition for his efforts or does it just not fit the narrative your pushing! With that said good luck to the team Thursday. Superhelmet OUT
moranis_spaceballs-768x512.jpg

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a player who Baylor didn't want, who chose to play at a place less than desirable, which implies he couldn't choose a place that was desirable.

Which would imply to me that it's likely he deserves all the criticism he gets. Most likely should be happy that a coach about to get fired decided to let him get a high level education for free and played him in front of a younger better QB.

If you have that many drops, maybe you need to learn to throw a catchable ball? Just a thought.

If you are getting hit more than anyone else, maybe just maybe you lock on a reciever (not even the first one in your progression most times), hold the ball when they are covered because you aren't a mobile QB, and won't throw the ball away.

Oh and congrats to less than desirable Tulsa University's senior QB for a nice honor. Wish him well and hope he enjoys his career football or other.

Yesterdays TV broadcast crew raved about MSU’s QB Will Rogers , well he threw for a paltry 148 yards .
Everyone waited in anticipation of Zach’s becoming eligible after he transferred because he could
throw every pass on the field. Is he as good as Jerry Rhome...no , TJ Rubley...no , Paul Smith or GJ Kinne...
no , but if there had been message boards as prevalent for them I have no doubt there would have
been a group criticizing their mistakes . It’s a good policy for every athlete to never look at the
internet because you’re only going to “Get It” in two ways , either you’re the second coming or give
us the back-up . There is definitely a cluster that thinks being a fan gives them the privilege to
rip a kid and they might be quiet for one week if he plays well , but they can’t wait to spew their
vitriol the following week if he screws up .
I’m glad Zach Smith came to TU and hope that next year when Brin takes over that he never looks
at a message board and just plays to the best of his abilities.

Rubley threw a lot of wounded ducks in 88 and 89 by his own admission at the time. We would have been unmerciful I’m sure.

If you can’t take 15 guys on a board with 100 regular unique viewers roasting you, you have no business taking millions of dollars from an NFL team a year from now and being expected to perform with millions on Twitter, many former elite pro QBs themselves, gritting on you.

If you want to give constructive comments based on your insight, we’d love to have you. But if you think you can sit down at our kitchen table and tell us we need to clean our house, use the door you came through.

Good for him. He battled. He tried. It is the staff who gets paid and who I criticize for who they put on the field.

Finally, for me, the University of Tulsa was my choice over OU, Northwestern, and Rice when choosing a university to pursue my bachelor's degree. I was accepted to all of the above, and picked the most desirable.

Let me say one more positive thing.

Smith > Boomer > Skipper > President

We would probably have been a 1 - 2 win team this year with any of those other guys.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
Let me say one more positive thing.

Smith > Boomer > Skipper > President

We would probably have been a 1 - 2 win team this year with any of those other guys.
I agree with this order.
Tallest midget... Crap. Sorry. I can't say midget anymore...

Tells me just how awful Monty is in evaluating and playing the right person in the most crucial position in all of team sports.

I agree with this order.
Tallest midget... Crap. Sorry. I can't say midget anymore...

Tells me just how awful Monty is in evaluating and playing the right person in the most crucial position in all of team sports.
Is the offensive line any less important than the QB or running back ?
Do you have someone else in mind replacing a defensive starter ?
You need to change your handle to “ Pete and Repeat “

Rubley threw a lot of wounded ducks in 88 and 89 by his own admission at the time. We would have been unmerciful I’m sure.

If you can’t take 15 guys on a board with 100 regular unique viewers roasting you, you have no business taking millions of dollars from an NFL team a year from now and being expected to perform with millions on Twitter, many former elite pro QBs themselves, gritting on you.

If you want to give constructive comments based on your insight, we’d love to have you. But if you think you can sit down at our kitchen table and tell us we need to clean our house, use the door you came through.

I can only imagine how unmerciful this place would have been on Gus F. Back then, we actually had to call in to a radio show to put in a request for the backup.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT