ADVERTISEMENT

Early season predictions

I don't think 6-6 is going to cut it. I would dare say we might be the prohibitive favorite in the west and if we are not, we won't be far behind Houston/Navy.

Navy's offense reminds me of "Remember the Titans"..."...it's like novocaine, give it some time, it'll work"

I think the lack of a quarterback whose seen any game time will prevent the expectations from being too high. Most of the prognosticators just look at the the roster, returning players, and for superstars coming in. In other words minimal research except for on the blue blood programs.

Our receivers and quarterback will start out a little green and we have 3 tough non-conference games. I could easily see us ending up 8 -5. I'm hoping for 9-4. Coming out 2-0 against Toledo & New Mexico won't be an easy task that early in the season.

It all depends on what happens with the QB position. If we can throw the ball, its 9-4. 6-6 if we platoon both of them.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Our receivers and quarterback will start out a little green and we have 3 tough non-conference games. I could easily see us ending up 8 -5. I'm hoping for 9-4. Coming out 2-0 against Toledo & New Mexico won't be an easy task that early in the season.
New Mexico sucks. Bob Davie sucks.

We have New Mexico and Navy, both triple option teams, back to back. That's going to be tough on our guys.

One is clearly a chance to prep for the other. One matters. The other doesnt. I like it.

I'm just worried about the health of our lines coming out of those games. The blocking in those triple option offenses tends to do a number on one's knees.

Reactions: HuffyCane
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT