ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Big XII

TUMe

I.T.S. Legend
Dec 3, 2003
Find away to have a championship game. Otherwise Ohio State slips in and brings the Northeast TV market.

No.

Dear Big 12,

Get your flagship schools back into shape. Texas and OU are terrible. We don't want you robbing anymore of our conference mates.

With the conference realignment, the Big 12 has ten teams and no divisions. I can't say TCU or Baylor are better than Ohio State.

Baylor doesn't belong. Their non-conference schedule was pathetic (no big conference opponents). I also think that TCU was the better team - losing on Baylor's turf on the last play of the game. How TCU went from 3d to 6th can not be justified.

That said, the Big 10 (Ohio State) needs to play lights out against Alabama. Another bad loss will prove once again that the Big 10 is a crappy conference that carries no weight against the others. I don't want to hear the excuse: "We had our third string QB playing..."

Screwed.

You win your game by 52 and drop 3 spots in the polls? FSU continues to squeek by and doesn't fall out? Either a W is a W, or not.

Baylor or TCU would be favored over FSU and perhaps Ohio State.

I get that FSU is undefeated, so they get in. Fine.

But the Big 12 got screwed.

The ESPN blabberheads were saying how pathetic Baylors schedule was. OK. So who did Ohio St play nonleague?

How about:
Navy
Cinicinnati
Virginia Tech (who ECU destroyed)
Kent St

And they played a conference schedule that included Rutgers, Maryland and perrenial doormats Inidiana and Illinois. That is 8 of their 12 game regular season schedule.

Originally posted by mvccane:
With the conference realignment, the Big 12 has ten teams and no divisions. I can't say TCU or Baylor are better than Ohio State.

Baylor doesn't belong. Their non-conference schedule was pathetic (no big conference opponents). I also think that TCU was the better team - losing on Baylor's turf on the last play of the game. How TCU went from 3d to 6th can not be justified.

That said, the Big 10 (Ohio State) needs to play lights out against Alabama. Another bad loss will prove once again that the Big 10 is a crappy conference that carries no weight against the others. I don't want to hear the excuse: "We had our third string QB playing..."
I agree with all of that. The thing is that the Northeast is a huge market. Ohio State brings a higher TV rating than Baylor or TCU. The committee was looking for a reason to include them and the Big XII was kind enough to oblige them. The Baylor coach's mini fit probably hurt his cause more than it helped.
This post was edited on 12/7 1:24 PM by TUMe

Ohio State making it in is a complete joke. Why bother with a playoff if its as political as a poll? $$$$$$. It's certainly not a out finding the best team.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Herb 'street' is an OSU homer - he then mentions the SOS (like Ohio State 'beat nine games going to a bowl.' What someone fails to call him on is that they are all Big 10 teams getting wins against other mediocre teams from their conference.

The signature Big 10 out of conference victory was Indiana over Missouri. Really nothing else unless you claim Northwestern beating a struggling ND.

I think TCU is the best of the three but they are so close - there is no justification for them going from 3 to 6. If Minn or Purdue had the exact same resume that Ohio State did, no way would they jump to four. Ohio State's name, tradition and following was the deciding point here (not just their big win over Wisconsin).

FSU is the most deserving team. They are defending national champs who have not been beaten. They signed up what going into this season was considered a ruthless non-conference schedule. They have beaten some pretty decent (not great but decent) teams in the ACC (GA Tech, Louisville, Miami, Clemson, Boston College). It hasn't been pretty but they are the easy choice of the four.

who did fla state play?

ohiost only played mich st and lost to a team the isnt even bowl elegible.
Baylor and tcu( the big12) got robbed!

FSU was thisclose to losing their champ game, and we would have been talking about what a risk it is today.

There were a couple of convenient excuses to leave out the Big XII.

BCS would have been better.

who cares what happens…chase money and money screws you…too fffffffffing bad Big 12

these big conferences getting hosed after all they have done to amateur athletics is justice

however, yet again we will not see the SEC play a real offense.

They are overrated. just like when they played OU last year.

Originally posted by TUBballJunkie:
thisclose
That is a classic!
happy0008.r191677.gif

After Bama beats osu by 50 the self-proclaimed experts are going to know they screwed up!

ESPN should call this the illegitimate national championship since I have an included two teams that shouldn't be in it at all in Florida State and Ohio State.

What a f***ing joke.

Please win some games that matter, learn how to play defense again, and quit playing offense like a high school league.

Sincerely,

Selection committee.

Ohio State beating Wisconsin is like Jenks beating Rogers with Kejuan Jones before transfer. Wisconsin has one really good player who is usually enough to beat the rest of the terrible B1G. Ohio St's dominance was more a result of Wisconsin sucking than Ohio St. being that good although I do have to admit that the brainless 3rd string QB is a better passer than either of the guys he backs up.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Big 12 has a nat'l image problem
Who o/s of the SW area even knows who Baylor/TCU are?
2 private religious schools on the nat'l stage?
Could've drawn alot of subjective/precarious commentary perhaps even unwanted publicity.
Check their religious affiliations; Baptist & Disciples of Christ.
2 theological institutions on the opposite end of theological spectrum.
Never mixed religion & f-ball, After all Sunday afternoon is sacred

Former Texas AD "Delusional" Dodds killed the Big 12
Even told OU Prez Boren 2 zip it when it came 2 adding Louisville as an 11th member
Now Big 12 might B "forced" 2 consider even more light weight institutions 2 its conference?

Of course the argument is, IF the Big 12 comes callin'
Schools will immediately begin upgrading an have a dramatic increase in their fan base

Who do u select?
--BYU, another religious institution w/ even more questionable theological traits?
--Memphis/Cinn/U Conn F-ball programs funding & popularity are much lower than Iowa St.
--Go Florida? UCF/USF Will Never will B on par w/ Fl St & them Gators.
--CSU, needs major upgrades 2 move up 2 next level & fan base is mush lighter then da' Buffs.
--Houston/SMU A 5th or 6th Texas school?
Do Longhorns want a Big 12 school sitting in the recruiting hotbed of Houston?
--ECU Helps WVU, popular f-ball culture, but 3rd behind the other state schools.
--UTSA Potential "fire ball" capturing the Spanish market in a Top 10 TV market
& plays home games in the Alamodome.

Either way, watching the Big 12 get the Nat'l playoff snub is good entertainment
Serves them right 4 putting themselves in bed w/ them Looserhorns.

This post was edited on 12/8 9:46 AM by HHOOTter

i would think the number of times we have seen west virginia lose travel games, and the number of good teams that have lost there on the road - Big12 needs to reduce travel that far away. Can you imagine what it would be like to travel from WV to BYU, even every few years? These wide conferences, even like AAC, are tough on the athletes.

They should have brought in Cinci and Louisville two years ago. I think they were waiting on ND to make a decision.

Big 12 doesn't need to change anything - just get the committee to go to 6 with two byes or 8 teams. That's where I would spend my money if I were them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT