ADVERTISEMENT

Consolation prize

drboobay

I.T.S. University President
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
Hated to lose to Little Rock today. But seeing OSU get destroyed makes me feel just a little better.

I think this confirms we are the 2nd best team in Oklahoma. I'm sure Lawpoke would agree.

I am neutral on the sooners. Cannot stomach the gundies. Delighted to see them beaten handily.

I used to be neutral on the Sooners before they welcomed violent offenders.

If you recall, I thought Damaris Johnson should have been released for stealing clothes for his own baby. And Bob Stoops hands out the same punishment he had for someone literally breaking a woman's face. After whatever the Beckham-Green transfer attempt was.

Stoops sold his soul the last couple of years.

Stoops acted like the program CEO by retooling his staff, exactly what Blankenship did not have the cajones to do. So I have some respect for that. I did not follow the Mixon incident very closely so cannot comment on that.

Reactions: XOut88
Well, people are people pretty literal about our score vs OSU's on the interwebs when after 11 other games we all know that playcalling and performance vs OU didn't appear again. :(

Well, people are people pretty literal about our score vs OSU's on the interwebs when after 11 other games we all know that playcalling and performance vs OU didn't appear again. :(

I'm pretty certain that Boren, Castiglione, and Stoops would make sure that the whole world saw the video of our beating.

It appears our 2 most impressive games were week 2, beating New Mexico 40-21 in Albuquerque & week 3 playing OU within 52-38 in Norman. I hope we look more like "that TU team" in our bowl game.

BTW, comparative scores can make teams look like national champs or last place teams, depending on how you spin it! I'm under no illusion that we would be competitive with any Big XII teams this season, other than KU or ISU & maybe KSU or Texas on their bad day (i.e. ISU 24 Texas 0 & OU 55 KSU 0).

Reactions: TUBballJunkie
No excuses for OSU but OU looked horrible against TCU without their starting QB so I'll cut the Pokes a little break. OU is better even if Mason Rudolph plays IMO. If Baker gets hurt the Sooners are five loss team again. Stoops staff must be pretty bad at evaluating QB's. Fell into one with Mayfield. Mixon for the first time proved he was worth the bother. Ross would have been just fine at RB. Stoops, Boren and Castiglione all lose in my book on the Mixon deal.

GO TU!!!

600 yards? 30 first downs? In Norman. Anybody that thinks OSU played the Sooners better than Tulsa is dreaming. And that's OK. Chances are good those dreams are all they've got ...

It appears our 2 most impressive games were week 2, beating New Mexico 40-21 in Albuquerque & week 3 playing OU within 52-38 in Norman. I hope we look more like "that TU team" in our bowl game.

Sadly we had Keevan Lucas in both those games. His injury cost us at least one win. Don't think we will truly resemble those wins, whether we win or lose.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
not much consolation for me. Neutral statewise but hate it for my OSU buds who suffered in the cold and rain. No fan of Gundy- I saw him run up the score at 3 AM in Tulsa.

Can't read or post re UALR. Still too painful. Hoping I can recover in time to see the game in Stillwater, but likely to stay home. I suspect/worry that TU is 4-4 by Saturday night and totally out of NCAA possibility.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT