ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Traits

TU Hurricane Warning

I.T.S. Senior
Aug 23, 2013
I'm going to start this off and you add to it.

I think the next coach needs to be a guy that is:

1) Motivator/passionate, but has ability to stay focused and see the vision through.
2) Has a big ego (like Graham) but wise enough to bring in the best man no matter if they warrant majority of the attention(Malzahn).
3)Comands Loyalty from Peers/Assistants/Players

1. Hungry... Wants to be HC at Alabama
2. Visionary... Sees academic limitations as a way to become Stanford.. not Rice
3. Connected.... assistant coaching pool is larger than his circle of former College Roomates and offspring
4. Big picture oriented... lets assistants run the TEAM.. He manages the PROGRAM
5. Slick... can sell his vision to the kind of kids that Stanford gets.
6. Doesn't know how to spell Union.

Originally posted by noble cane:
2. Visionary... Sees academic limitations as a way to become Stanford.. not Rice
3. Connected.... assistant coaching pool is larger than his circle of former College Roomates and offspring
4. Big picture oriented... lets assistants run the TEAM.. He manages the PROGRAM
6. Thinks the State of the Union is a speech the president gives, not an actual state.
FIFY

Originally posted by noble cane:
6. Doesn't know how to spell Union.
Good stuff Noble. We have always done well in football and basketball with HCs who wanted more. Tulsa may not be their dream job or end job but a place to prove their mettle to land the next big thing. Coaches who aspire to bigger things will bring their all to it.

With the exception of #6 this is a good list. Union is not one of the best HS teams in the nation by not having good/great players each year. Players that could definitely help if you can land them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT