ADVERTISEMENT

TU Soccer 2023

Facts. Not arguing that sales tax in general has a disparate impact on the poor. Only pointing out they pay a very small portion of capital projects financed through a penny sales tax. Maybe a better analysis is how many poor have jobs which are created (directly or indirectly) by having an NBA team in the city? Don’t really have a strong opinion either way here.
The new arena will not create one new job. Zero. Zilch. Nada. The same number of nba players, nba owners, nba office staff and arena workers will be there and there will be LESS seats not

They claim it will be 900M. It will probably 1.5Bs when they are done and they get to finance the whole bitch with interest.

It will be financed by the ghettos that don't use it.

It's ridiculous. The American ownership structures have figured out a way to use people with zero involvement to pay for their stuff. Billionaires bilking minimum wage workers. It's total bullocks.

It's the most outrageous feature of American professional athletics. It's why I loved what happened in the city of Las Vegas recently. Las Vegas residents told their city to go to hell over the sweetheart deal they tried to give the As owner. They called BS on the owner and he coughed up another 400M.

Somehow David Holt is hailed as a brilliant hero. The dude is a friggin clown. The guy should have got at least half of it financed by a group of families worth probably 20 plus billion dollars. It's a joke.

Everything you need to know about stadium finance schemes can be learned by asking one simple question: “Will you place your ownership shares up against the bonds if your protections fail to perform?” If they had to post their equity against the risk and shares were returned at a rate consistent with economic growth projected in the plans, the deals make sense. But they rarely do and ownership knows it. Mortgage your franchise to us and if your plan works out we will slowly give it back as we pay off the bonds.

The new arena will not create one new job. Zero. Zilch. Nada. The same number of nba players, nba owners, nba office staff and arena workers will be there and there will be LESS seats not

They claim it will be 900M. It will probably 1.5Bs when they are done and they get to finance the whole bitch with interest.

It will be financed by the ghettos that don't use it.

It's ridiculous. The American ownership structures have figured out a way to use people with zero involvement to pay for their stuff. Billionaires bilking minimum wage workers. It's total bullocks.

It's the most outrageous feature of American professional athletics. It's why I loved what happened in the city of Las Vegas recently. Las Vegas residents told their city to go to hell over the sweetheart deal they tried to give the As owner. They called BS on the owner and he coughed up another 400M.

Somehow David Holt is hailed as a brilliant hero. The dude is a friggin clown. The guy should have got at least half of it financed by a group of families worth probably 20 plus billion dollars. It's a joke.
1). I NEVER said the new arena would create a single job. I said an NBA team in a city creates job. Which is a true statement. The new arena insures the NBA stays in OKC for the next 25 years.

2). Care to share your math showing the ghettos are financing this project ?

3). That clown ran a damn good campaign to get the penny sales tax extended. Anytime you get over 70% approval on any tax measure you did an outstanding job marketing the measure.

Look…I’m not thrilled with tax payer supported arenas. Like you, I do believe ownership needs skin in the game. Happy to see the Thunder stay in OKC. Can’t really argue with the people of OKC when they pass an extension by 70 plus percent. Will go to some games and concerts there over the next decade. The people of OKC have spent a great deal of tax dollars on their downtown area and it shows.

1). I NEVER said the new arena would create a single job. I said an NBA team in a city creates job. Which is a true statement. The new arena insures the NBA stays in OKC for the next 25 years.

2). Care to share your math showing the ghettos are financing this project ?

3). That clown ran a damn good campaign to get the penny sales tax extended. Anytime you get over 70% approval on any tax measure you did an outstanding job marketing the measure.

Look…I’m not thrilled with tax payer supported arenas. Like you, I do believe ownership needs skin in the game. Happy to see the Thunder stay in OKC. Can’t really argue with the people of OKC when they pass an extension by 70 plus percent. Will go to some games and concerts there over the next decade. The people of OKC have spent a great deal of tax dollars on their downtown area and it shows.
Did I click the wrong thread....thought I saw a new comment in the TU Soccer 2023 thread

TU just got a committment from a Dutch striker who was part of the FC Utrecht group with Wes Bottenburg. The story I saw said he is transferring in from Mo State where he tied for the team lead in goals (6). All MVC 2nd team and All MVC Tournament team in his first year in D1. Played a year at Coffeyville CC. I can see where this kid can help us up top....a lot.

Do you guys know which fitness tracker TU athletics uses ? FCD uses Pulse and it’s one of the coolest tools I’ve seen. Curious if there are even better platforms out there ?

Do you guys know which fitness tracker TU athletics uses ? FCD uses Pulse and it’s one of the coolest tools I’ve seen. Curious if there are even better platforms out there ?
I'd look to see if there's one that partners with adidas. I've seen so many out there that I'm not sure there's a bad one. Hell, Veo has a deal with some company that will track that stuff just using the camera footage. Will track when a player is in, distance run, speed, positioning, etc. I have an app on my phone called RefSix and it tracks all those things as well (and communicates with my Apple Watch). Funny you can break down a heat map of where you are for the 1st and 2nd half and tell that one team was way better than the other without even having to look at the score.

I'll start a 2024 thread when we get closer, but just found out Luke Jeffus transferred to Indiana. Wonder if IU soccer has NIL money to hand out whereas TU is only handing $ to guys with good grades. I mean, how the hell is Tom supposed to maintain this program when your starters and key players are all transferring looking for glory (and $)? I hate what college athletics has become.

I'll start a 2024 thread when we get closer, but just found out Luke Jeffus transferred to Indiana. Wonder if IU soccer has NIL money to hand out whereas TU is only handing $ to guys with good grades. I mean, how the hell is Tom supposed to maintain this program when your starters and key players are all transferring looking for glory (and $)? I hate what college athletics has become.
Did he graduate?

If so, I am not too bothered.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Unlike DT, the world is filled with midfielders who can play at the highest level who aren’t being given a chance.

Correct me if I’m wrong folks but I believe this is the final year of the super seniors

Correct me if I’m wrong folks but I believe this is the final year of the super seniors
This is the last year of the last few years. What I mean by that, is next year you can still have a covid year if you redshirted and/or had an injury year. Year after next, you have to have had a redshirt, and an injury year to have a covid year left. The third year from now will finally be the end of it.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Interesting rule change

That's sort of the ECNL substitution rule. Now if they'd stop being clowns and have the official time be with the referee instead of a count down clock. Wish HS would do the same with the clock.

Honestly, FIFA sub rules are way less strict than what some of these leagues are playing. FIFA literally says you can sub at any stoppage at the referee's discretion. Not only on your throw in. Just follow the FIFA LOTG and set your limits on how many subs or no re-entry.

That's sort of the ECNL substitution rule. Now if they'd stop being clowns and have the official time be with the referee instead of a count down clock. Wish HS would do the same with the clock.

Honestly, FIFA sub rules are way less strict than what some of these leagues are playing. FIFA literally says you can sub at any stoppage at the referee's discretion. Not only on your throw in. Just follow the FIFA LOTG and set your limits on how many subs or no re-entry.
My first thought is that this rule change will act to limit the number of kids who are able to play in each game. Not sure that’s a good thing for the kids or the college game. If schools are going to carry 25 kids on a college roster the more who are able to play game minutes the better imo.

My first thought is that this rule change will act to limit the number of kids who are able to play in each game. Not sure that’s a good thing for the kids or the college game. If schools are going to carry 25 kids on a college roster the more who are able to play game minutes the better imo.
Maybe. I didn't see a limit in the number of actual substitutes being able to play just limited to 3 windows per half plus halftime AND the no re-entry. I'm not sure how many players you can roster for any given game or if there is a limit in college until you get to the NCAA tournament. TU has been carrying 30+ players the last few years and only about 17-18 are playing in any given game.

Im ok with the no re-entry, it's going to force coaches to be a little more strategic about how they use their subs. What will throw a kink in is if there's an injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT