ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati Game Thread

So easy... It's like Cincy is playing a game of catch in the back yard.

Who is #6? Is this a joke? There's not 1 individual on the Tulsa campus who can't do any better? Shocking.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Oh I agree, there are many different reasons on why we are losing this game. It's just frustrating to watch the dbs get burnt time after time never turning their head to find the ball. Dane has missed some wide open shots and under thrown a bunch. It's been a team effort of badness this second half

How bad are we going to loose to Navy the Tulane game is the only game left we might win

I hate it when TU gives us die hard fans false hope! We've suffered many long years with pi$$ poor defenses.

The idiots calling the game are calling Conner Floyd "Our Big Tight-end"... I'm dying laughing at these guys!

Well, even with Dane hitting open WRs for TDs, we still lose this game. Our defense is just that terrible. I don't think most of our DBs are D1 talent, maybe not even D2. It's a shame. We need to recruit any player that's 5'8"+ that can run under a 4.6 40. Teach them how to play DB and hope it works out. Get like 6 of them. Find them. They're out there. We just don't tackle well, cover well...we routinely have LBers on WRs. Suits is constantly on the 3rd or 4th WR...always a mismatch. We just have nothing to allow our offense any wiggle room. Even if Dane hits a wide open Key in the 1st quarter that would've put us up 14-7, or Chad hits Key on a bomb on the WR pass trick play, we're still losing this game because our defense is so effing terrible.

Reactions: Tulsa76
I mean ffs...we have 3 turnovers on defense and we're still losing by 3 scores...because they're gonna give up close to 700 effing yards!

How bad are we going to loose to Navy the Tulane game is the only game left we might win
SImilar to how SMU did today I think. We may get to 4 or 5 scores as opposed to 2...but they'll put 400 rushing yards on us and maybe 150 passing just because we're Tulsa and at least 7 scores.

We just made it an 11 point game and then gave them the ball at mid field?

I know we're all frustrated with losing a winnable game, but let's not start on the coach. He didn't recruit this dreadful defense!

This staff has this team at .500 with two games to go. The previous staff would have been one maybe two wins. Things will get better for sure, but it doesn't stop me from being frustrated :)

Isn't Cincinnati supposed to have a terrible run offense what happens when we face a really good running team like Navy

Navy will embarrass us in front of the home folks, but we can handle it as we've had lots of experience.

I know we're all frustrated with losing a winnable game, but let's not start on the coach. He didn't recruit this dreadful defense!
I wasn't hating on him with my comment. Just wondering if that's an area he needs to grow in. He's got until the 2018 season to get us to an 8+ wins when his recruits will be juniors. Then we'll see. I really hope he makes it happen. Doubt we go bowling this year.

Should not have gone for 2. Too early. Go for 2 win you MUST have it. And I agree that BB would have 1 maybe 0 wins this year. Amazing the "life" this staff has injected into the players. Our DBs suck bad. I guess the positive is.... we can only improve.

Must beat Tulane. Must beat Tulane. Must beat Tulane.

I wasn't hating on him with my comment. Just wondering if that's an area he needs to grow in. He's got until the 2018 season to get us to an 8+ wins when his recruits will be juniors. Then we'll see. I really hope he makes it happen. Doubt we go bowling this year.
I would like to see it for our players and coaches. I hate to say it, but I'm not looking forward to going to a low level bowl game after a win over lowly Tulane. Just no excitement there.

Hitting Garrett when he is wide open would have won this game. I think our next big recruiting push needs to be DBs who can actually cover.

This staff has this team at .500 with two games to go. The previous staff would have been one maybe two wins. Things will get better for sure, but it doesn't stop me from being frustrated :)
Each game I get renewed hope that TU can upset a better team, but the only way TU could win this game ( 17 point underdog) was to have a good defense and we all know that TU's defense is way below par. There are only a few defensive players that are playing winning football....Jeremy Smith, Kolton(still too light to be playing over the center), Michael Modoh. Without constant D-Line pressure on Kiel, our DB's cannot cover one-on-one usually playing 10 yards off the line of scrimmage. Tu's last good defense was Dexter McCoil's, Cory Dorris,St.Johns senior year and the level of play has been eroding eversince. A good defense won't magically appear over-night just like a good offensive line doesn't suddenly manifest itself...with any kind of defense we should be at seven wins right now. Rebuilding is frustation.

Brady & Barrow will be somewhere between decent backups and/or average starters in the next year or two. Kerwin Thomas will be a pretty decent starter next year. I hope to gosh there is a miracle on 11th street and Darell Williams finds the inner CB in himself, cuz if he only makes an incremental change on the field next year, then I don't want to see him doing anything more than mop up minutes.

Hopefully we can find at least 3 or 4 freshman/recruits that are as good or better than Kerwin Thomas will be next year. If we don't, it may be a second long season defensively, next year. I'm pretty certain that Revels, Harding, Petera, and a couple of recruits/redshirts will be plenty to bulk up our linebackers. I'm also pretty sure we should be able to fill in our losses on the DL with an improved Shindelar, and a couple of three redshirts/recruits. Least concerned with LB, a little more concerned with the DL, and the most concerned with the CB's. I think what kind of players we find at CB will determine how good our defense is next year. But I probably didn't say anything we don't already know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT