ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati Game Thread

I really really like how the coaching staff uses Kolton. They really use his unique skill sets to make it difficult on an OL and QB.

The play calling in the first half was as creative (good) as I've seen this season. If Dane & Chad could each hit a wide open Garrett, we'd have 28 points at the half. The double pass with President was a very nice call ( at least we know he CAN throw it). Loved the play call & the aggressiveness to go for the 4th & 1 run to Warren.

If Dane heats up & Kiel chokes it up, we have a chance to win.

Reactions: TUGrad06
Our defense has been pretty stout on 1st & 2nd downs. They are just destroying us on 3rd down, usually 3rd & long. Cincy is 8-11 on 3rd down thus far. Gotta start ending these drives, especially when it's 3rd & 10 or more.

For the first time ever, President doesn't keep it.... He hands it off to Ramadi "4th down" Warren & he goes the distance!!

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
My biggest criticism of Monty is that he punts too often on 4th and short. I think I'll retract that criticism now.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Looks like the team is just recently starting to really understand what Monty wants of them.

Gah, we jump offsides more then any team, but that didn't matter because we don't have DBs that can cover anyone. So frustrating!

Evans on a keeper?? What the heck, everybody in the stadium knows he can't run faster than a snail!

Reactions: TUGrad06
If our DBs were bad, we'd be 7-2 right now.... and winning this game.

Much more than the DB's. More accurate passing, better QB decision making, better route running, better O-Line play, better D-Line pressure, better tackling, better kicking...

This team has been frustrating to watch because it's all self-inflicted wounds.

Did Dane have 15-20 yards of green in front of him on that 3rd and 9 play, or did I imagine that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT