ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati game cancelled

It was just too obvious this was going to happen. And in the statement he already was hinting at how they will magically be ready to go for the championship. There wasnt any way the conference was going to find a neutral site. The most disappointing thing is the seniors that decide not to come back next year, they dont get a senior day. And hopefully they take all that frustration out on Cincy
Maybe we give em a Senior Day Parade when they bring the conference title back home to Tulsa!!!

I’m just as disappointed and confused as everyone else.

However, we were treated with understanding and class by OSU. We should extend the same courtesies to those far less deserving.
We made up the game almost immediately. And we didn’t ask for it to be played on our home field instead lol.

And ECU has nothing to lean on right now... they have (and have had for a long time) horrible basketball and they football team hasn’t been any good for a few years now.
Very true, I still see their fans on Facebook anytime Tulsa is mentioned they start crying how Tulsa cheated them

Very true, I still see their fans on Facebook anytime Tulsa is mentioned they start crying how Tulsa cheated them
We did nothing but play poorly and get some luck.

They should complain about the officials just like every other fan in America.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Well here I am now in a Twitter fight with ECU and Cincinnati people
ECU fans needs to get over their butt hurt...seriously. Shoot we could claim a western division title in 2016 because the refs screwed us twice against Navy. We still talk about it on here but it's not like we're plastering all that crap all over Twitter every week for years. ECU fans seriously think they're the only team to ever get screwed by the refs and replay and have it cost them the game? I mean Raiders fans are still butt hurt over the "tuck rule" 20 years later but it's sad they don't have anything better in life to talk about. Will ECU fans still talk about this next season.

And Cincy fans are a special kind of stupid. Like even worse than thinking the crap they eat is "chili". And it's a special kind of QAnon conspiracy type of stupid to think that our interim president begged out of the game because of their positive tests? Why not make it public. Florida State begged out of a game HOURS before kick off at the behest of the university chancellor because of the COVID situation with the opponent. It wasn't the ACC, it wasn't Clemson saying they couldn't field a team. And right now let's look at the track records and trends we're seeing right now. Michigan bailed on Ohio State this weekend saying they couldn't play because of COVID. Who thinks they have a legit problem and can't field a team? Not me. Michigan knows they can't beat or even compete with Ohio State right now so bailing is the one way they can screw Ohio State. And remember, Harbaugh is a Michigan guy who probably has some true hatred for Ohio State. Florida State was trying to screw Clemson. Cincy is screwing us and they're probably in cahoots with the AAC on this one. They'll fall further in the CFP next weekend. Their only hope of making the CFP was beating us twice. Now if they lose to us in that final game, not only did the AAC screw us, they screwed the entire conference because us beating Cincy 2x would likely have been enough to push us past any Sun Belt team. I don't know how much money not making a NY6 bowl game costs the AAC but I hope they've screwed themselves with this stunt. I hope we put it on Cincinnati so bad and that Monty doesn't call off the dogs. Throw the ball up 30 with under 5 minutes to go. Let's get everyone a touchdown.

#F*ckCincinnati #TulsavsErryBody

Litigate to make them play the game in Tulsa the 19th.

At the very least, the AAC did follow the rules that were put into place in advance. It sounds like the Big 10 is going to change their rules after the fact to cover Ohio State.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ECU fans needs to get over their butt hurt...seriously. Shoot we could claim a western division title in 2016 because the refs screwed us twice against Navy. We still talk about it on here but it's not like we're plastering all that crap all over Twitter every week for years. ECU fans seriously think they're the only team to ever get screwed by the refs and replay and have it cost them the game? I mean Raiders fans are still butt hurt over the "tuck rule" 20 years later but it's sad they don't have anything better in life to talk about. Will ECU fans still talk about this next season.

And Cincy fans are a special kind of stupid. Like even worse than thinking the crap they eat is "chili". And it's a special kind of QAnon conspiracy type of stupid to think that our interim president begged out of the game because of their positive tests? Why not make it public. Florida State begged out of a game HOURS before kick off at the behest of the university chancellor because of the COVID situation with the opponent. It wasn't the ACC, it wasn't Clemson saying they couldn't field a team. And right now let's look at the track records and trends we're seeing right now. Michigan bailed on Ohio State this weekend saying they couldn't play because of COVID. Who thinks they have a legit problem and can't field a team? Not me. Michigan knows they can't beat or even compete with Ohio State right now so bailing is the one way they can screw Ohio State. And remember, Harbaugh is a Michigan guy who probably has some true hatred for Ohio State. Florida State was trying to screw Clemson. Cincy is screwing us and they're probably in cahoots with the AAC on this one. They'll fall further in the CFP next weekend. Their only hope of making the CFP was beating us twice. Now if they lose to us in that final game, not only did the AAC screw us, they screwed the entire conference because us beating Cincy 2x would likely have been enough to push us past any Sun Belt team. I don't know how much money not making a NY6 bowl game costs the AAC but I hope they've screwed themselves with this stunt. I hope we put it on Cincinnati so bad and that Monty doesn't call off the dogs. Throw the ball up 30 with under 5 minutes to go. Let's get everyone a touchdown.

#F*ckCincinnati #TulsavsErryBody
They asked Montgomery about TulsavsErryBody in this week’s presser. He basically admitted it was a mistake.

That's because it was a dig at the on field referees. Right now it's a dig at the conference. Aresco and the whole lot of conspirators need to be called out because it's complete BS
When ECU whines about the referees they get a public mea culpa from Aresco and company. When we do it we get chastised and probably screwed over for a couple more years.

When ECU whines about the referees they get a public mea culpa from Aresco and company. When we do it we get chastised and probably screwed over for a couple more years.
This is pretty much true. But we bring a lot of it on ourselves.

Reactions: Gold*
That's because it was a dig at the on field referees. Right now it's a dig at the conference. Aresco and the whole lot of conspirators need to be called out because it's complete BS
It was very much a dig at the conference at the time. And since we might be lucky to have football if it wasn’t for that conference, I’d suggest someone other than the guy with the guaranteed money should be the one commenting on the conference.

Lol at you clowns who actually think UC is ducking Tulsa. Fickell said on his weekly that they were preparing to play without coaches and players still in return to play protocols and the league stepped in and cancelled the game.
You should be thanking the league medical staff. Bearcats put 50 on you without Collins playing.
And in case you forgot... YOUR president cancelled the first game. Not UC.

• Haha
Reactions: TU 1978
Good for Cincinnati if they really wanted to come play here and, accordingly, shame on the conference officials.

This season is kind of meaningless anyway. Any championships or titles are tarnished by game dodging and manipulation across the country. I will not be watching the "BS championship playoffs" when teams with 5 or 6 games played are considered by a committee. It is pure bias.

Lol at you clowns who actually think UC is ducking Tulsa. Fickell said on his weekly that they were preparing to play without coaches and players still in return to play protocols and the league stepped in and cancelled the game.
You should be thanking the league medical staff. Bearcats put 50 on you without Collins playing.
We get enough of arrogant, ignorant & uninformed Cincinnati fans on the conference message board. We don’t need them here, too.

Put down the schlitz, sit down on your plastic covered couch in West Cincy and get back to dressing up as Marge Schott.

LOL

Reactions: Gold*
If you even made any kind of sense we might begin to give a little respect &/or at least listen to you. Instead you dumb ass yourself into making essentially zero sense. If only we could translate what you are attempting to say, into a sentence. Oh wait, the IQ here is 12.873 times yours, so I guess we can. What a dweeb.

So there's this for COVID nationally among FBS schools:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NY Times has determined that a minimum of 6,629 players and AD employees at FBS schools have contracted the virus. The data is from only 78 of 130 universities.<a href="https://t.co/TO2FBR20AZ">https://t.co/TO2FBR20AZ</a></p>&mdash; Nathan Kalman-Lamb (@nkalamb) <a href="">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you calculate that there are 100 players per FBS schools (scholarship players plus walk ons) and there's 132 FBS schools, that's 13200 players. This number would represent roughly HALF and only includes the figures from 78 schools. I would surmise that private schools like TU have not divulged their numbers like a public school would be obliged to provide. (Schools can report the number of positive tests and not violate FERPA or HIPPA as long as they keep the individual who tested positive confidential.

Last edited:
So there's this for COVID nationally among FBS schools:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The NY Times has determined that a minimum of 6,629 players and AD employees at FBS schools have contracted the virus. The data is from only 78 of 130 universities.<a href="https://t.co/TO2FBR20AZ">https://t.co/TO2FBR20AZ</a></p>&mdash; Nathan Kalman-Lamb (@nkalamb) <a href=" ">December 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Though you/they didn't mention it, I am assuming coaches are in that total? Or is AD not Athletic Director, but Administratively Determined?

Though you/they didn't mention it, I am assuming coaches are in that total? Or is AD not Athletic Director, but Administratively Determined?
I believe it means athletic dept. personnel, so yes coaches and other support staff. There have been schools that had to quarantine their entire football equipment staff and at larger schools that could be 15-20 people. So while that number is not just players, it is still really high rate of positivity. Even if you add say 50 coaches and support personnel per school, instead of half of personal contracting the virus, it drops to roughly 1/3 of all FBS personnel. That is still much greater than the avg positivity rate in the general public. This is really a scary notion considering this is an outdoor sport. I am pretty sure that basketball will have a much worse time trying to isolate and quarantine and keeping players and support personnel COVID free.

Did you read the article? The 6600 is across all sports and the entire athletic departments. You also said you thought Tulsa would not divulge their numbers. They did. All of them. The number is 8 (vs 150 for ECU btw).

Football exposures appear to be a function of culture and discipline issues that pre-date the virus.

The numbers should have been put in context and compared to exposures to the student body and the local population. But that wasn’t the point of the article was it? It was meant to get you riled up. It worked.

Did you read the article? The 6600 is across all sports and the entire athletic departments. You also said you thought Tulsa would not divulge their numbers. They did. All of them. The number is 8 (vs 150 for ECU btw).

Football exposures appear to be a function of culture and discipline issues that pre-date the virus.

The numbers should have been put in context and compared to exposures to the student body and the local population. But that wasn’t the point of the article was it? It was meant to get you riled up. It worked.
To me, this requires a 'congratulations' to the Hurricane athletic department!

I have an honest question. And it's not meant to start another arguement on the topic, but does this include false positives? I don't know how the testing works. If you test positive if you are immediately tested again or what. I just know the amount of false positives is astounding. I know in some pro events you are tested right away because I know someone who took 4 tests and the results alternated. So just asking.

A lot of that variability lies in using the rapid tests, which I’m pretty sure that’s what most of these schools and pro teams are using. The molecular assay or serology tests used by county health departments for instance, are preferable but they are expensive and are not practical for repeatedly testing a football team.

There’s more to false positives than most folks realize. This isn’t my area, so here is info directly from the FDA:

• Remember that positive predictive value (PPV) varies with disease prevalence when interpreting results from diagnostic tests. PPV is the percent of positive test results that are true positives. As disease prevalence decreases, the percent of test results that are false positives increase.
    • For example, a test with 98% specificity would have a PPV of just over 80% in a population with 10% prevalence, meaning 20 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.
    • The same test would only have a PPV of approximately 30% in a population with 1% prevalence, meaning 70 out of 100 positive results would be false positives. This means that, in a population with 1% prevalence, only 30% of individuals with positive test results actually have the disease.
    • At 0.1% prevalence, the PPV would only be 4%, meaning that 96 out of 100 positive results would be false positives.
    • Health care providers should take the local prevalence into consideration when interpreting diagnostic test results.
This is part of the issue of why we are seeing huge spikes in positive tests. There is another big factor which is setting the diagnostic threshold very low, which I won’t discuss here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4tu2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT