ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati game cancelled

Positives
Great for recovery time for our team.(Guarantees Collins will be back/Probably brings back Prince & TK/Hope Paul heals)
Good for conference.(Avoids a split.)

Negatives
Eliminates our home game, possibility of home championship.
(Should have been at a neutral site.)
Eliminates a chance for us to have a two game sweep.(Better shot at passing up CC.)

Should have been at a neutral site, but all in all I think I'm happy with the situation. I think recovery time gives us a better shot at winning than an earlier home game.
It also means that our Seniors don't get a Senior Day.

• Sad
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
It was just too obvious this was going to happen. And in the statement he already was hinting at how they will magically be ready to go for the championship. There wasnt any way the conference was going to find a neutral site. The most disappointing thing is the seniors that decide not to come back next year, they dont get a senior day. And hopefully they take all that frustration out on Cincy

Reactions: TU_BLA
We all knew that the COWARDS from cincy would find a way to AVOID coming to TULSA. They are the new houston in football. TU aught to return the favor on the 19th and have our own "covid" outbreak...

Reactions: TU_BLA and drboobay
It was just too obvious this was going to happen. And in the statement he already was hinting at how they will magically be ready to go for the championship. There wasnt any way the conference was going to find a neutral site. The most disappointing thing is the seniors that decide not to come back next year, they dont get a senior day. And hopefully they take all that frustration out on Cincy
Yes no senior day is terrible.

I say find an opponent for next week. Is there a good team out there motivated to play?

We should flood twitter for a neutral site game. We got hosed.
Memphis, St. Louis (truly neutral), or Dallas/Fort Worth because that's where the conference HQ is. Hell, we could play at Ford. Maybe the AAC could talk Frisco that the Frisco or New Mexico Bowl double as the conference championship game and then let the teams play in whatever future bowl game they earn

is it canceled due to covid or just to avoid a rematch? Why do they get to host?
next tuesday we should cancel.

Last edited:
The whole country knows that Michigan is going to cancel on Ohio State. I say we call them up and go play them.
If Mich cancels out on the OSU, then they won't be able to play us.

I guess my problem with all of this covid stuff is that people are now just making up the rules as they go along. In sports and in everything else.

Reactions: noble cane and 4tu2
Yes no senior day is terrible.

I say find an opponent for next week. Is there a good team out there motivated to play?
Ohio State and Michigan just got canceled. I knew Michigan was going to bail on that game. I say Ohio State comes here. They get a ranked opponent to add to their resume for the CFP now that their B1G Championship hopes are gone.

Because home site is the team ranked higher in tonight's CFP rankings. So technically it's up in the air...but we know Cincy will be ranked higher.
Right because they were predetermined to be better coming into the season which is why rankings are a BS way to determine this. If we had been top 25 coming in there's a good chance we are close to top 12 right now.

No to playing anyone else let’s heal up and go beat UC next week. This Sat bring the Seniors into the stadium and recognize them like a Sr Day. Stream it live for parents and fans. Have them wear uniform with a mask that reads “we won’t COVID out”

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Nahhh, they'd still be bellowing bout it.
The "Jokelahoman" is all over it down here .. their Title IX journalist , Carlson, is acting like she caught the china flu at the game... after a week of pumping Edmond and the home field advantage they are totally beside themselves. The great western hope was all hype.

The "Jokelahoman" is all over it down here .. their Title IX journalist , Carlson, is acting like she caught the china flu at the game... after a week of pumping Edmond and the home field advantage they are totally beside themselves. The great western hope was all hype.

The biggest problem there was that the OSSAA sold 2,500 tickets to the visiting team and the bleachers hold less than 1,500. Then they didn’t enforce the seating plan that they had put together in advance.

That stadium is nowhere near capable of hosting a big game.

Ohio State and Michigan just got canceled. I knew Michigan was going to bail on that game. I say Ohio State comes here. They get a ranked opponent to add to their resume for the CFP now that their B1G Championship hopes are gone.
I'd be willing to bet the B1G waives that rule for Ohio st. I'm guessing they'll still be playing in the championship

Looks like the covid situation is fine now. Cincy just wanted to get more practice in and are now pretending this is on the conference

Last edited:
Reactions: Gold*
Should have been at a neutral site, but all in all I think I'm happy with the situation. I think recovery time gives us a better shot at winning than an earlier home game.
I'm with G$-one game for a winner take all AACK! championship. Sinnsy will have extra time to wonder about getting their A$$ beat by L'il ol' Tulsa. Win or lose, the Bowl game will take care of itself. We know what happens in the late 3rd & 4th q's.

If their "covid" issue is legit ( & I really doubt it), & still can't play on the 19th, or, if we have a few covid cases(wink wink, nod nod), will we be co-champs, just like TU Hoops? (apologies to libertychamp for this idea first)

Last edited:
Reactions: TULSARISING
Brett McMurphy confirms as well.

Credit given to Heavy Metal Hurricane who broke the story here first.
Thank you for the props. I wish the news was better then what it was actually. Before I was tipped off, I was holding auditions between my 6 y/o & 9 y/o to see who could yell the loudest for Saturday.

Thank you for the props. I wish the news was better then what it was actually. Before I was tipped off, I was holding auditions between my 6 y/o & 9 y/o to see who could yell the loudest for Saturday.

Keep those young fans at it and it could pay off some day. My daughter wrote a short essay about waving her TU pom-poms at the games when she was little and would up with a nice commitment award. Every scholarship helps.

Is resting up more important than letting the guys go out and play?
It's highly unlikely we'll find another stop-gap team to jump in and come play us, but the season is so short... This is the most complete team we've had in a long time; I'd like to see them play as much as possible because it's a long damn wait between new years and September next year....

I’m just as disappointed and confused as everyone else.

However, we were treated with understanding and class by OSU. We should extend the same courtesies to those far less deserving.
This is utter bullshi!. They are lying.
I have cousins and uncles that went to UC. They are laughing....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT