ADVERTISEMENT

Chad Morris

Tu Geo

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2003
Forgive me if these topic has been discussed in detail but I can't help to wonder if things worked out differently.

Tulsa is a class act school and handled the dismissal of BB in a very respectably way, no surprise there.

I just wonder if we could have acted earlier to at least get into the Chad Morris discussion.

Did we speak to Morris or his agent? Did he say no to Tulsa and choose SMU? Do AD's talk informally to candidates before they pull the trigger on the remaining HC?

For me Morris was the best guy. Money shouldn't have been the problem $2.0 million/year is/was an easy hill to climb.

Again sorry for getting to the discussion late.

My feeling is that Morris would have had a much easier time winning at Tulsa then SMU.

Time will tell we shall see.

Very bummed out anyone else?

GO TU!!!!

This post was edited on 12/2 4:09 PM by Tu Geo

Only time will tell how much we missed out on Morris. I think the fact that Morris is a Dallas native & has lived & coached in Texas for a vast majority of his life would've given SMU a big advantage over Tulsa. I do agree that the last dozen years has shown TU is an easier place to win.

I'm not bummed out because it looks like we have a much better crop of candidates than last time. Hopefully, we will get a new coach that we're all excited about this time.

Chad just hired Van Malone as DC. Tulsa DB coach under Graham. Coaching staff is tweeting and being posted to SMU Rivals site nice recruiting tool. Lots of action down there moving fast recruiting the big HS in Dallas metro area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT