ADVERTISEMENT

Cardell Williams

Funny how that happens when the purpose of the conference isn’t to promote UCF and Houston.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Because of the transfer portal and NIL we shall see if this works out...... but Cardell has a chance to become one of the best QB's in Tulsa history I think if he sticks around!!!!! RS Freshman right now pretty damn good!!!

GO TU!!!!

Reactions: TUMU
I'm just hoping when Braxton is healthy and Cardell gets moved down it doesn't kill his motivation. I think Williams is the better QB and I hope he gets to continue putting on a show. Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Reactions: TU 1978
With the way Cardell is playing, Braxton is going to have to work his tail off to earn back the qb position!

Reactions: TU 1978
Braxton working his way in can only occur in real games, not practice, and that always causes controversy when you start doing that. There are some really good QB who never started again after injuries since that allowed the replacement to excel.

Braxton working his way in can only occur in real games, not practice, and that always causes controversy when you start doing that. There are some really good QB who never started again after injuries since that allowed the replacement to excel.
Um, the GOAT in the NFL got his chance due to an injury...he started for 20 years..6 Super Bowl rings. And there were still some fans who thought the original starter should have been the starter when he was healthy. He got Wally Pipp'd

With the way Cardell is playing, Braxton is going to have to work his tail off to earn back the qb position!
Cardell has been great but credit goes to the run game and coaches too, for avoiding high degree of difficulty situations where it's easy for him to make mistakes. He had only 2 passes last game in obvious passing situations, 3rd or 4th down and more than 5 (he completed both, btw, one for a first down and one short). We passed 17 times and rushed 53. It's hard to stop any QB if the LBs and DBs are really cheating on the run.

Reactions: URedskin54
Cardell has had one outstanding game against a pretty weak team (Temple). He had a gritty gut out game against a good defense (NIU). If he has another outstanding effort against FAU, then we will know the QB race is on.

A long way to go with some of the fundamentals but he’s a good prospect if he keeps working and his decision making improves. Having two guys who can play is a good problem to have.

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Um, the GOAT in the NFL got his chance due to an injury...he started for 20 years..6 Super Bowl rings. And there were still some fans who thought the original starter should have been the starter when he was healthy. He got Wally Pipp'd
That's great, but why are we making this thread about Joe Montana?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT