ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone contact the AD to move the Sat EX to 1 PM?????

mcane

I.T.S. Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
really, staring at 3 against Bedlam? Is TU trying to make sure there is no one there?

According to the Oxford English Dictionary: Bedlam - an asylum for the mentally ill.

Seems pretty fitting to me. I don't know who keeps opening the damn doors to let all these looney tunes out after we wrangle them all back in the stadium.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary: Bedlam - an asylum for the mentally ill.

Seems pretty fitting to me. I don't know who keeps opening the damn doors to let all these looney tunes out after we wrangle them all back in the stadium.
This state keeps settling on nicknames that are essentially derogatory in nature. Bedlam, Sooners. Why would you want to have your state known for asylums full of the mentally ill and thieving thugs

It’s a big deal in this state. If you don’t understand that, I can suggest better things for you to do with your time other than follow team sports. Second time this year TU has left fans with a Wewoka switch of a choice. This has never happened before. I’m not happy.

I will be in Stillwater... on December 19th watching TU defeating the cowboys. This Saturday, I will be at the TU game.
Reign Cane!

PS. I try to stay out of stoolwater as much as I can, place smells like a septic tank

Reactions: TU_BLA and drboobay
A little background about Bedlam: The term was applied to the OU-OSU wrestling rivalry by newspaper sportswriters in the mid to late 1950s. Both schools had nationally ranked wrestling programs and the rivalry was intense. Crazy, unpredictable things could happen at their meets, hence the name "Bedlam." There was no
Bedlam in football because OU always beat OSU. Likewise, there was no Bedlam in basketball because OSU usually prevailed. It is only relatively recently that the term was applied to all OU-OSU sports competitions, usually by TV sports guys who didn't know anything about the "Bedlam" tradition.

A little background about Bedlam: The term was applied to the OU-OSU wrestling rivalry by newspaper sportswriters in the mid to late 1950s. Both schools had nationally ranked wrestling programs and the rivalry was intense. Crazy, unpredictable things could happen at their meets, hence the name "Bedlam." There was no
Bedlam in football because OU always beat OSU. Likewise, there was no Bedlam in basketball because OSU usually prevailed. It is only relatively recently that the term was applied to all OU-OSU sports competitions, usually by TV sports guys who didn't know anything about the "Bedlam" tradition.

Thanks for the explanation. I used to attend the Bedlam wrestling matches in Stillwater in the 70’s. They were awesome. My buddies and I would draw names of each wrestler and put a little cash down. It made the matches more fun to watch.

Couple of things at play here...TU probably knew Bedlam was this Saturday and scheduled an early exhibition game hoping TU fans would show up and assuming Bedlam would be a high-profile ESPN night game. ESPN has really screwed with some of the Big XII start times this season in favor of the B1G and PAC (Pick a number). TU was probably really trying to avoid the Bedlam start time.

On the Lamar game, it's a Friday. They're avoiding Friday night HS football because Tulsa metro fans have already made their choice regarding that...they're going to the HS game. Unless Lamar had a restriction or has another game that weekend up here against OU/OSU/ORU on Sunday, not sure why TU didn't try to have that as a Saturday game (Football team is off that weekend).

Who schedules their basketball opener at noon on a work day? I assure you there will be more people at work on Friday than will be attending a limited high school football schedule that evening (regular season is over). As for the game on Saturday, the Bedlam Time was announced two weeks ago. No clue why we didn’t schedule the game time after that announcement.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW and Gold*
The Lamar game is being used as an exposure tool to local children. There is a donor who is paying to bus in thousands of kids during the school day. It will probably have the best atmosphere of the year to be honest.

It will definitely be a different atmosphere than any game this year. What's the story on WatchESPN for the first 3 games?

The Lamar game is being used as an exposure tool to local children. There is a donor who is paying to bus in thousands of kids during the school day. It will probably have the best atmosphere of the year to be honest.

No one should have a problem with that. Thanks for posting.

I mean, no one cares about Lamar, right? So let’s take the kids to the game. Solid logic. I feel like TU is finally listening to this board after all these years!!!1

As for the second exhibition game, I’ve got nothin. It’s a bad idea and sort of mean spirited. I love TU basketball more than any other team, but I’m not skipping Bedlam to watch a game that doesn’t count. Something is not right in Denmark . . .

Reactions: Bill Lowery
I will be at the TU bball game; I just don't like having to make that choice. And if Missouri S&T is terrible and the game is over at the half, I won't stay. That's too bad for the team. Hopefully, there will be tons of kiddos at the Lamar game. I actually moved a dinner to Saturday a couple of months ago, on the assumption that Lamar would be a night game.

Oh great..."Smells Like Children." Hope they're not in my section:eek:

Won 12 games last season and finished 11th in their conference. They play SE Missouri State tonight. Will try to get a score.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Lost 94-75 to SE Mo St. They hung in there but got worn down in the second half. Probably marginally better than our NWOSU.

Reactions: TULSARISING
It’s a big deal in this state. If you don’t understand that, I can suggest better things for you to do with your time other than follow team sports. Second time this year TU has left fans with a Wewoka switch of a choice. This has never happened before. I’m not happy.

It’s another one of those games that you watch just so that you don’t have that confused look on your face Monday morning at the coffee bar.

Luckily this year NJ is pitching in a college scouting combine on Saturday. So while everyone else is talking Mullets, I can bore them with velocities, spin rates, and strike outs.

It’s another one of those games that you watch just so that you don’t have that confused look on your face Monday morning at the coffee bar.

Luckily this year NJ is pitching in a college scouting combine on Saturday. So while everyone else is talking Mullets, I can bore them with velocities, spin rates, and strike outs.

It’s an interesting game this year. OSU has surprising edge in coaching. Gundy has won two more games in the series than Lincoln Riley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT