ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone contact the AD to move the Sat EX to 1 PM?????

Oddly enough, Jacksonville State turned out not to be such a bad loss as they won their league and went to the dance.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
It’s an interesting game this year. OSU has surprising edge in coaching. Gundy has won two more games in the series than Lincoln Riley.

I think Riley will be a bust at OU.

Something is rotten in Norman. Too much rapid change in the status quo.

Reactions: Weatherdemon
I'm not sure I would ever give Gundy an edge over OU regardless of their coach. He needs to win some games against the boys from Norman before he can claim anything.

I'm not sure I would ever give Gundy an edge over OU regardless of their coach. He needs to win some games against the boys from Norman before he can claim anything.
In the last 6 years his winning percentage is .333. That's winning a couple.

I think Riley will be a bust at OU.

Something is rotten in Norman. Too much rapid change in the status quo.

They are set for awhile. I don’t see that much rapid change or change at all. They still have effing Mike Stoops.

I would have looked around at the options for an HC, but Riley isn’t a bad choice. Next year with no Mayfield will be interesting. At the kickoff luncheon, several of our players told me he was their favorite player. They said there was no one more fun to play against.

Apparently, ORUs new coach brought in some new players, heard they were 6ft 10, 7ft, and 6 ft 11 and can fly, we better be ready to play

They have one player who is 6’10 and he is a redshirt sophomore. No one taller than that. This isn’t a thread about ORU.

All it says is that the players at OSU are not as good as the players at OU as a collective group. I think Gundy is a very good coach, but OSU is not nor will it likely ever be the same caliber of program as OU. There will be years where OSU may be better but from year to year over the long term, OU will be the better team/program. OU is probably among a group of 6-8 of elite college football programs of all time (Michigan, Ohio State, LSU, Bama, USC, Notre Dame, OU, Texas). OSU is starting to inch its way into the next tier, IMO, and it's because of Gundy. All this talk of Gundy leaving OSU because he and Holder and Boone can't play nice is just crazy. Gundy would be unemployed for all of 5 minutes. But Boone and Holder expecting OSU to beat OU every year or even consistently is over blown.

Beats the alternative. Iowa State with a coaching search when you finally get a decent one.

We still shouldn't lose to Jacksonville State. I don't care how well they did in their league.
While I agree I get sick and tired of the knee jerk experts screaming and beating their chests every time we lose a game about how it was a horrible loss and we don’t deserve to do well and the coach should be fired. Nobody gets through the season unscathed and losing a game, no matter who it is, doesn’t mean we’re horrible.

You don’t normally see me on here immediately after a tough loss ranting and raving, it’s not that I don’t have those kind of feelings, I just have the good sense to let the dust settle and evaluate things realistically before I post. If more people would do this they wouldn’t have to make hundreds of posts defending something stupid they said without thinking in the heat of the moment.

While I agree I get sick and tired of the knee jerk experts screaming and beating their chests every time we lose a game about how it was a horrible loss and we don’t deserve to do well and the coach should be fired. Nobody gets through the season unscathed and losing a game, no matter who it is, doesn’t mean we’re horrible.

You don’t normally see me on here immediately after a tough loss ranting and raving, it’s not that I don’t have those kind of feelings, I just have the good sense to let the dust settle and evaluate things realistically before I post. If more people would do this they wouldn’t have to make hundreds of posts defending something stupid they said without thinking in the heat of the moment.

Or be like Bigzit and just crap on the board and run away into the night and not defend the ridiculous post, only to come back in a couple of weeks and do it all again.

But that is better than the MartonAstin hot take sophistry contest we have going these days.

I wasn't the one that mentioned Haith being fired. I don't think he will be fired even if we loses every single game this season. TU likely can't afford to pay the rest of his contract and pay someone else.

I just said we shouldn't lose to Jacksonville State. They did well in their conference tournament but they wouldn't have been in the NCAA's if not for that. We're in a big boy league now. We should expect big boy play, which means taking out the trash against the Jacksonville States of the world, even when they're decent and we're down-ish.

Or be like Bigzit and just crap on the board and run away into the night and not defend the ridiculous post, only to come back in a couple of weeks and do it all again.

But that is better than the MartonAstin hot take sophistry contest we have going these days.
giphy.gif

Ok. Neat. They are easily persuaded.

He was all peaches and creamy blue gold glasses, now he is in a mid speed turn to the dark side.

I would think you could make up your own mind, unless, you were weak.
You misunderstood what I was saying, but it's not that important, what I'm saying is if we take them lightly, they will probably beat us

You misunderstood what I was saying, but it's not that important, what I'm saying is if we take them lightly, they will probably beat us
Well you shouldn't be, there's a piece of platitudinal wisdom in there if you care to decipher it.

Last edited:
Well you shouldn't be, there's a piece of platitudinal wisdom in there if you care to decipher it.
You bash Aston,TUGrad6,and TUGrad 7 for by saying they bash TU too much, then you bash me because I say positive things about TU, ever stop to think you would rather bash people for different opinions than just respectfully disagree? I would guess no, and I don't expect this to change your opinion. It's people like you that make people give TU a " snotty nose private school"

A realistic opinion that adds to the conversation is usually in between those two extremes.
In your opinion, even if it is, what gives you the right to bash someone for it? For as small as our fan base is, we don't need people like you bashing them because they get excited about TU sports. If you want to see " extreme fans" watch Bedlam. Bashing someone that likes TU makes no sense

Tell you what, next time I post something you think is " extreme" tell me about it and why you think that and I will gladly hear you out, because I don't have anymore time for this conversation, I don't know about you, but I have work in the morning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT